Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 46,201 to 46,220 of 69,964

Magician

Ninfan wrote:

How many games are on switch now

Launch your eShop, search by price. The search engine lists the number of games available at various price ranges. Add them all up yourself. I believe there were over 3k games available last time I looked.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NintendoByNature

This eshop sale is seriously putting my will power to the test. I know I should hold off since my back log is huge, but some of these look too good.

NintendoByNature

Toy_Link

Bit of an odd lineup for the Online apps this month:

Do we really need another Tennis game. At least this means that maybe we could get more Namco games in the future?

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Anti-Matter

Ninfan wrote:

How many games are on switch now

As many as a fair number of cucumbers. šŸ¤£

Anti-Matter

OorWullie

@Toy_Link To make it worse, Smash Tennis already released on the Japanese app as Family Tennis so can be played right now by anyone with a Japanese account. I've played it and it's near identical to Super Tennis only with slightly better graphics and more options.

šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§ Mr Mustard šŸ‡¹šŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

šŸ•¹ļø The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards šŸ•¹ļø

Anti-Matter

@Toy_Link
"Do we really need another Tennis game ?"

Tennis from Bomberman Battles PS2 and from Go Vacation Switch are already enough for me. šŸ˜
Also, Hotshot Tennis / Everybody Tennis on Sony machines are satisfying enough for Cartoonish Tennis games.
Mario Tennis Aces and Open Tour were quite disappointing in my opinion.

Anti-Matter

NotTelevision

Iā€™m surprised that they chose these games for the NSO update. Some obscure choices for the NES are welcome, but there are so many classics waiting to be added to the SNES app. Maybe next time...

NotTelevision

DannyBoi

Still can't post screenshots on Facebook on Switch. They been having maintenance for this since 3rd/4th Feb. I don't know what's going on.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Magician

I'm glad I don't care about NES and SNES on NSO, because those additions feel like Nintendo is scrapping the bottom of the barrel. Wake me up when or if Nintendo adds N64 or GC games to the service.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

link3710

@Magician I'd bet you money that N64 is coming this September, and GCN ain't coming til next gen at the earliest.

link3710

DarkRula

Yeah, once they finally give us analogue triggers on controllers again.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

redd214

Man those NSO games are quite a selection. Still haven't been motivated to resub after mine expired in October. As cheap as ps plus is all the time the value of NSO is seriously lacking, hope they fix that soon.

redd214

Buizel

Honestly surprised we haven't got Donkey Kong Country yet. Would make sense for them to drop that early on and drip-feed us the sequels.

Less surprised about SMRPG and Earthbound - Nintendo likes to make an event out of those games.

At least 2'8".

Ralizah

@Buizel Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair actually did a fair bit to sate my hunger for a new DKC game.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Grumblevolcano

Well the only Nintendo published SNES games left are:

• Vegas Stakes
  • Earthbound
  • DKC trilogy
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Super Mario All-Stars
  • Mario's Super Picross
  • A bunch of Japan exclusives like Mystery of the Emblem, Genealogy of the Holy War, Thracia 776, Super Famicom Wars

So if SNES games are lasting longer than a year (NES has lasted longer than a year), Nintendo has to delve deep into 3rd party territory when a fair amount of the big 3rd party SNES games won't ever come to NSO because they're in collections instead.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

Its been a sad day of news. System Shock 3 has been shelved. I believe that was rumored as coming to the Switch back in 2017, now nobody is getting it. No doubt the backers for that crowd funding campaign aren't happy. And Project Rainway was shelved. No app for streaming PC games (legally) on Switch just yet.

Edited on by Magician

Grumblevolcano

This year sure is feeling like a contest of who can stay silent the longest. No general Direct, no PS5 reveal and nothing really happening on the Xbox front.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

Magician wrote:

Its been a sad day of news. System Shock 3 has been shelved. I believe that was rumored as coming to the Switch back in 2017, now nobody is getting it. No doubt the backers for that crowd funding campaign aren't happy.

That one hurts. I was looking forward to that.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic