Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,301 to 43,320 of 70,080

Maaryotyme

I wish I had more free time. Too many games I wanna play.

@Anti-Matter I’m so happy for you, you got your game you want before the direct. Hopefully more in the direct.

Maaryotyme

ImperiumRegalis

@Zoriam Thanks for sharing Zo-san!~

P.S Watching this video, is it me or the quality of the games seem to be enhanced up a notch compared to the ordinary Nintendo Switch??? Nintendo! What Sorcery did you use???!!! Now you have me tempted to buy the Lite version too!

Edited on by ImperiumRegalis

ImperiumRegalis

Twitter:

link3710

Man I love seeing everyone's predictions, so many things I forgot or didn't think of.

@scubydo I feel like Code:Vein is more likely to show up in a Q1 direct than this time around. From what I've heard the developers are in a serious crunch right now just to make the current platforms in time for launch, I doubt they've even looked at a Switch port yet.

link3710

Magician

Predictions?

Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, Shin Megami Tensei V, and Breath of the Wild 2 won't be mentioned at all. Fingers crossed for Ryu Hayabusa to be the 4th Smash DLC. A prelude to Switch ports of the previous Ninja Gaiden trilogy. And a sizzle reel for previously announced games with fresh new release dates; Rune Factory 4 Special, Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, Indivisible, Darksiders Genesis, Killer Queen Black, Spirit Hunter NG, Two Point Hospital, etc.

And...one last thing, Banjo Smash DLC shadow drop. Update live after broadcast.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

EvilLucario

Soraya Saga (wife of Tetsuya Takahashi, head of Monolith Soft) retweeted all three Direct announcements so I'm throwing caution to the wind and expecting something from Monolith Soft tomorrow. She really only retweeted Direct announcements from those where Monolith had a hand in, so unless this is the one that changes, I'm all in.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

link3710

Ryu would be rather nice, though I don't think he has much of a chance. Though, I'm hard pressed to name a better Koei Tecmo character to be added, so he's got that on his side. Warriors doesn't have a mascot, and Ninja Gaiden's got way more history and fame than Atelier, while Dead or Alive is basically nonexistent to Nintendo fans.

I'm still hoping for Rayman or Spyro to make it in now, since I figure the last DLC character is going to be something that's heavily enjoyed in Japan. Though, quite likely, we're going to see both of the final two be more popular in Japan than worldwide.

link3710

rallydefault

I predict lots of DLC announcements/clarifications.

But for something crazy: Skyward Sword port. Ready for holidays this year.

<lol but if i'm right everyone must call me awesome>

rallydefault

NintendoByNature

@rallydefault skyward sword would be great. Bought it not long ago but didnt feel like finishing it on the Wii u since it was strictly on the tv

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

Looks like Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair might be chasing DKC Tropical Freeze for best 2D platformer of all time (not that I think it’ll quite match DKC, but if it’s even in the ballpark it’ll be an easy second or third place behind DKC Tropical Freeze and DKC Returns)

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Heavyarms55

I feel like the Direct will tell us what the big Nintendo release will be for December. Like, all but 100% that that will be in the Direct.

We'll probably get a few more 3rd party announcements and trailers, maybe a couple more Wii U ports. Personally I would still like to see Xenoblade X and the HD Zelda remasters on Switch.

I think it's also entirely possible they will announce SNES games for NSO and possibly finally a serious update to the Switch home menu. Crossing my fingers for adjustable icon sizes, folders and at least basic color themes.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

NintendoByNature

If I had 1 wish for links awakening ( and this will be an unpopular opinion), i think it would be cool if they packed in the original from the gameboy( no colors). Players can experience both games this way if they never had the chance to play the original. I mean, why not toss that in? Of course, I'd like for it to be announced tomorrow.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Heavyarms55

@NintendoByNature That sounds like a great idea! Why do you think that would be an unpopular opinion? Some people will probably consider it unlikely - I do - but I think it would be a nice bonus to be sure.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

klingki

My prediction (though most likely wishful thinking), is that there is going to be more to the SNES games coming to NSO. Instead of getting an SNES app just like the NES one, we'll get a full-blown retro subscription service, kind of like an Xbox Game Pass crossed with Virtual Console. You'll have to pay extra to subscribe, but in addition to the free NES games, you'll get at least GB/GBC, SNES, N64, GBA, and DS games as well (maybe not all from the start, but they'll at least start us with some and then dangle the promise of the others for the future). Again, maybe just wishful thinking as I miss Virtual Console, but Nintendo will want to leverage their legacy content eventually.

klingki

JaxonH

I’ll be honest, as nice as SNES would be (and they would be nice) the last thing I’m thinking about going into a Direct is SNES games 😁

Show me the Monster Hunter. Show me the Metroid Prime. Show me the Pikmin. Show me the Halo. Show me the money!!!

Of course MH won’t be revealed until next year after the expansion has had a chance to sell. Metroid Prime Trilogy won’t be revealed until 2021, a year before MP4 drops. Halo isn’t coming, and our new Pikmin 4 announcement will actually be a port of Pikmin 3.

Fine. Maybe SNES is the best thing to look forward to 😤

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

klingki

@JaxonH Haha! For me, while I do want SNES games, they're probably not anywhere near the top of my list of most-wanted announcements either. But, with renewal time for NSO subscriptions coming up, I feel like it's a given that they're going to announce something, so that's the reasoning for my prediction. If the rumors from a while back are true about Nintendo wanting to set up a tiered pricing structure, I can't imagine that just adding SNES games really justifies making a whole separate pricing tier. But Nintendo gonna Nintendo, so we'll see what happens!

klingki

JaxonH

@klingki
Oh I'm sure they will make it 29.99 and you get SNES on top of NES. Which... I'm game. At $8 a pop for Genesis games, the extra cost is basically covered by a single game.

But thats only because I really, really want Super Mario World, Zelda Link to the Past and Super Metroid on my Switch. Normally I'm against the idea of renting. I prefer to own. Buuuut... if I have no other option, I'll do it. Zelda Link's Awakening seems a much more interesting playthrough than Link to the Past though, just by virtue of being a gorgeous remake

Ralizah

I hope one of the third-party reveals is .hack//G.U. Last Recode. That trilogy was a ton of fun on PS2 and, realistically, should have little issue running well on the Switch.

Just... not in September.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic