Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 41,781 to 41,800 of 69,983

JaxonH

Also, let’s not forget Wolfenstein Youngblood releases same day as Fire Emblem. Now, I’ll be playing FE, but I’m still grabbing Wolf. That buddy pass system is too awesome

And for anyone on the fence, you can grab the Deluxe Edition with the buddy pass, preorder bonus and Amazon exclusive armor suits for just a couple bucks more than the base game- they’ve got it on sale for $32 and change

Wolfenstein Youngblood Deluxe $32.84 Amazon

And I checked the eShop listing which is now up for preload, and the screenshots actually look really good. At first I was wondering if it wasn’t actually Switch footage, but once I saw other footage I realized it didn’t quite look as good as that. It’s a pretty big improvement over the last game though, judging by those screenshots.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

Huh, didn't realize that Youngblood was so cheap. However, I'm putting myself on a purchasing embargo till Black Friday. At this point it would be a waste of money FE3H, Marvel, DQB2, DQXI (buying the system if I can find it so that doesn't count) are more than enough. I do expect to be blowing about a grand on BF though. I need new glasses before Nov anyway lol.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

I can understand that, if you only have so much time for games it makes a lot of sense to wait until you can get them cheaper if you’re not going to play them until then anyways.

I would make a case for Dragon Quest Builders 2 though. Oh. My. Goodness is that game incredible. Completely took me by surprise. Of course the game looked good but little did I know it was going to turn out to be one of my absolute favorite video games I’ve played in recent memory.

This video says it all. Btw I’m quite sure I may feel the same way about Dragon Quest XI S once it drops, but for now all I can speak on is DQ Builders 2

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH I am working on DQB2, I was the one whining (it is really just whining after all) about the localization remember? I'm going to rebuy it when the Japanese game is cheaper (which sorta makes my head hurt because I'm spending all of this time working on my island) but for now I'm just building up my island. Just got through the slog of the second story island. (I found the general game play of that island to be entertaining but the localization really soured it for me, so I button mashed through half of it...which is not something that I do. I like to read in my games. )

I have Purchased everything on my tide me over list except DQXI as I need to find the switch at a decent price (and when I am not on my rent check, lol so next payday). My joycon fix it set came in today so I'll be operating this weekend.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NintendoByNature

redd214 wrote:

@NintendoByNature depending on the condition of your switch you could easily sell it for around $250ish. Would only cost you $50 to upgrade (excluding tax of course). That's what I'm going to end up doing with one of ours. Seems like a worthy upgrade for 50 bucks + get a brand new warranty just in case!

Not bad I might do that then

NintendoByNature

Magician

JaxonH wrote:

Also, let’s not forget Wolfenstein Youngblood releases same day as Fire Emblem.

I was interested, until I discovered that the "physical" release is just a code in a box.

That's more offensive than the half physical, half download nonsense Capcom is fond of doing.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NintendoByNature

I just checked on Amazon and it's full price for the deluxe edition.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@Magician
Idk. I see it as no different than just releasing digitally. The game is pretty big and given it’s only $30, and the fact only 45% of physical sales go to the developer/publisher after royaltees and fees, adding to that a large 16 GB cartridge on top of it would mean like $5 per copies sold of profit. So I completely understand the decision to only release digital and I actually appreciate them at least getting a box for shelf presence.

I’m definitely not anti-digital. I prefer physical when possible but, half the games on my system are digital.

At least with the physical box copy you can get a discount. $32 as opposed to $40, get a nice box for the shelf and still have the same digital game as if you just bought it off the eShop. Of course, I would prefer to have this on a cart if possible but, sometimes it’s just not possible. So many games are digital only nowadays that... I don’t know. It’s just not a big deal to buy a game off the eshop to me anymore

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
They must have just raised the price. It was discounted along with the other versions not two hours ago.

I still get 20% off with GCU + 6% back with BBCC so it’s always been $30 for me, but this was a nice deal for anyone able to catch it. Maybe they’ll lower the price again.

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH yea i think they did recently. About a week or two ago it was discounted. I'll give it a week after launch before it's discounted again on Amazon or Wal-Mart. I held off to see if I was gonna buy marvel which I'm not yet. Guess it's my fault 😣

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

Have you guys heard of SwitchList?

It’s a website (and app) that had the entire eShop database, and you can add games to your collection and make custom lists such as (microSD main, microSD 3rd party, microSD 1st party, etc) which tell you exactly how much space each game takes up and how much space in total they take up.

So if I want to plan which digital games are going to go on a single 1TB microSD for LiteSwitch, I can do it by making a list and seeing how much space it would take. Or I can add games on the list or take games off and see if I can figure out the best combination of games to fit within that space.

You can even mark unreleased games as “preordered” and they’ll show up in your collection as purchased on release day. It’s awesome.

https://switchlist.app/

Edited on by JaxonH

sr_388

Haven't seen anyone mention it, but the Kill la Kill IF demo is up on the eShop. I played both the PS4 and the Switch demos and honestly, other than the obvious resolution hit, I barely notice a difference. Even in handheld the visuals look good and the action is fast. I was really impressed.
(Just be prepared to watch a very long, unskippable cut scene before getting to play anything)

sr_388

JaxonH

That game really put me off by the outfit of the character. And I’m not usually one who’s off put by skimpy outfits. For example, Xenoblade didn’t bother me. Short shorts are pretty tame overall.

But Kill la Kill IF... just felt tasteless. I couldn’t get past it, and decided not to pursue researching the game further because of it.

IceClimbers

Bethesda sure is doing an absolutely horrible job marketing Wolfenstein Youngblood. Most people probably aren't aware that it releases this Friday lol

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

ROBLOGNICK

Do we know when the new Switch with bigger battery is actually out there to buy?

ROBLOGNICK

Twitter:

Magician

ROBLOGNICK wrote:

Do we know when the new Switch with bigger battery is actually out there to buy?

Next month I believe. Though whether or not your preferred game store gets any stock is unknown. I imagine some retailers will overlook the changes and ask, "why would I order these while I still have Switches on the shelf?" It may be a couple or few months until the revised Switch is available anywhere and everywhere.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NintendoByNature

So what does the deluxe edition for wolfenstein include? I see it says buddy pass and cyborg skin. But what is the buddy pass for?

NintendoByNature

Magician

NintendoByNature wrote:

So what does the deluxe edition for wolfenstein include? I see it says buddy pass and cyborg skin. But what is the buddy pass for?

It's a redemption code for the game. Basically, a free copy of the game that you can give to a friend. He or she can redeem the code, download the game, and you can play together. Assuming you have someone to give the code to.

NintendoByNature

@Magician its 2 full game codes in the case? So theoretically, for $16 a piece ( since it's back on sale on Amazon for $32), each person can get the full game?

NintendoByNature

Magician

NintendoByNature wrote:

@Magician its 2 full game codes in the case? So theoretically, for $16 a piece ( since it's back on sale on Amazon for $32), each person can get the full game?

Yes.

(Unless the buddy pass is somehow tied to the giver? But I doubt that.)

Which makes me believe this game is only 5 or 6 hours long, it's being sold for cheap.

(Hmm, so after looking at the faq it might be tied after all. Meaning the recipient of the buddy pass can only play if you're playing?)

https://bethesda.net/en/game/wolfenstein-faq

Edited on by Magician

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic