Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 41,661 to 41,680 of 45,998

Knuckles-Fajita

I could take someone's word to the bank, but without a signature I aint cashing that cheque.

That is to say, without proof, its worthless.

Edited on by Knuckles-Fajita

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Dezzy

So what happened to the new version of the console?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Magician

Dezzy wrote:

So what happened to the new version of the console?

Oh you know, Nintendo said they wouldn't be talking about new hardware this week. The rest of the year however? There's plenty of time between now and New Year's for...something. Personally, I assume Nintendo is saving the Mini to coincide with the launch of Xbox Two and PS5 next holiday season.

2020 is going to be expensive.

Switch Physical Collection - 459 games (as of November 15th, 2019)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest XI (Switch) Tales of Hearts R (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

JaxonH

No More Heroes 3 confirmed to have optional motion gyro.

Daemon X Machina confirmed to have optional motion gyro.

Alien Isolation confirmed to have optional motion gyro.

Doom Eternal and Wolfenstein Youngblood almost certainly will have optional motion gyro.

They've finally done it. They've successfully started a trend industry wide for Switch titles where optional motion gyro is included. Heck even Assassins Creed 3 had them. That's amazing, if you really think about it. The wider industry has been so dead set against motion, it's a wonder to see this catching on finally. And with Steam now turning alot of PC gamers who prefer controllers onto gyro as well, it's really put other console versions at a disadvantage. I wanted to buy DOOM Eternal on both Switch and X1X but, without the gyro... Idk. Think I'd rather wait till I get an expensive PC and buy it on STEAM where I can map gyro.

PLAYING
NS: Pokemon Sword, The Witcher 3, Luigis Mansion 3, DQXIS
X1X: Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Prime 4, Zelda BotW 2, Xenoblade, Trials of Mana, Bayonetta 3
PS4: FFVII Remake
X1: Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

Tangerine

I wonder if some devs are warned ahead of time of a switch pro being on the horizon, so they can code/optimise their games for it? I'm thinking of Witcher 3!

I'm guessing it would be easy to have docked mode output for portable. So it becomes 720p handheld. But what happens to docked mode for the pro? Can that run even better graphics/resolution/framerate?

If so then hopefully games take advantage of that!

Tangerine

NintendoByNature

So what are they doing in the treehouse events today and tomorrow? Or are they done with them? I watched most of the treehouse stuff yesterday and it was pretty interesting so I'm interested to see what's in store in the remaining days for Nintendo and e3

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature There’s more today and tomorrow, but I’m not sure what specifically they’re showing. And my email to IT about YouTube went unanswered 😭

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Therad

@JaxonH he could have said something like Kirby in a PS4 game or similar. But sure, vagueness is par for the course for leakers. And people that want to believe them usually just fills in the holes for them. It lessens their credibility, especially when they become infallible. No one is infallible.

But my point still stands, it isn't good to start spreading rumors that will not turn out to be true. It makes people not believe what is really on the console, which in turn gives the usual "there are no games on Nintendo console".

Edited on by Therad

Therad

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer haha yea I'll probabaly wait til tonight and check it all out on YouTube. In previous years i never watched treehouse but this year I have and plan on watching most of it. I really wanted to see how the dungeon maker in links awakening was done and they did a good job explaining it. And watching some astral chain only has me more hyped

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

@NintendoByNature More of the games that the Treehouse logo in the Direct, between that and the Nintendo Youtube uploads we have these left out of the known stuff:

• Super Mario Maker 2 pt. 2
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 pt. 2
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses
  • Astral Chain pt. 2
  • Daemon X Machina pt. 2
  • Dragon Quest XI S
  • Luigi's Mansion 3 pt. 2
  • Indie games (Thursday)

There's of course the possibility of surprises as Treehouse Live generally has surprises instore like last year had the Challenge Battle mode for Xenoblade 2 revealed on day 2 coming like a day later and an Arcade Archives games being shadow dropped on day 3.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Arbor

after that direct, i seriously, seriously hope we get a “switch mini” this year! my dad would be so happy. he LOVED the “dark crystal” growing up as a kid, and also banjo-kazooie (it was the first thing he and my mom ever bought together :’) ), and i know he’d like to be able to play smash with me when i go to college this fall. but he doesn’t want to pay $300+ for something he won’t play more than once a week, ya know. if a mini launched i think he’d be all over it!

Edited on by Arbor

Arbor

Ryu_Niiyama

I am skipping the treehouse sections since I don't want game spoilers but wow this is a packed year. For those that care nin nin games has the dq switch up for preorder. (I'm going to wait until my bonus...if it is still in stock.)

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Eel

Amazon Mexico has Resident Evil 5 and 6 listed, individually, for top-tier full price each.

Hopefully it's just placeholder pricing, but still... Individual retail releases seems odd, specially for 6.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tangerine

Invisigun heroes was supposed to launch this spring. I hope it's still coming. That indie game would be perfect for the switch.

Tangerine

IceClimbers

Shout out to 2K for giving us the same sale on 2K19 that's on the PS Store ($2.99!). Too often when a 3rd party game is on sale on both the Switch and on PS/Xbox the discount is far deeper on the latter.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ryu_Niiyama

Torchlight II is dropping September 3rd. I am going to be so broke....but at least its 20 bucks.

Is anybody doing a month by month round up of release dates in here?

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

I've got a more condensed list on my iPad at home, freshly updated. Will post later this evening.

PLAYING
NS: Pokemon Sword, The Witcher 3, Luigis Mansion 3, DQXIS
X1X: Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Prime 4, Zelda BotW 2, Xenoblade, Trials of Mana, Bayonetta 3
PS4: FFVII Remake
X1: Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic