Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 41,041 to 41,060 of 69,962

EvilLucario

@JaxonH They SELECTIVELY use it which is a bigger offense. Gravity Rush used gyro to aim where you wanted to go, and it worked fine!

Why games like Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War 2018 don't use it is beyond me.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Buizel

@EvilLucario Lack of gyro in Horizon was jarring after playing Breath of the Wild. It should really be standard in any game with precision aiming =/

At least 2'8".

Ralizah

https://nintendoeverything.com/trigger-inc-making-the-opening...

So, looks like Shantae 5 is going to have an anime-style animated opener. From Studio Trigger, no less. Really hoping we hear more about this game soon. I'm ready for a return to form after years of DLC/ports/whatnot for Half-Genie Hero.

@EvilLucario @Buizel I like Horizon a lot, but the lack of gyro aiming really sucks. I wish the game was on Steam so I could customize that functionality myself.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

EvilLucario

@Buizel @Ralizah It's so bad. I'd rather play those games on Switch or PC because of better aiming over archaic, crappy dual analog controls. So bad.

The only game I like dual analog more for aiming is Valkyria Chronicles which isn't even real-time aiming.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JaxonH

Red Faction Guerrilla ReMARStered has gyro!!! And a high quality / high performance mode option like Darksiders! And HD rumble.

And, it’s $29.99 ($23.99 w/GCU for the privileged few).

Sold, sold sold. You had me at gyro

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

HobbitGamer

@JaxonH Oh, nice! I’m grabbing this one tomorrow, as I’m done with AC3. Only spending $15 out of pocket sounds alright with me.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

I'm actually considering getting stranger things 3. I feel like im on an island on that one. Did anyone play the game released on mobile a few years back and if So, how was it? I played for maybe 20 minutes but it didn't seem that bad. Just wanted to see if the games are worthwhile. I doubt NL will be reviewing it too.

NintendoByNature

DenDen

@JaxonH tnx you sold me on this one as well, I have more then enough already haha

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

JaxonH

@DenDen
All in a day's work...

Now, onwards to get you sold on God Eater 3, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Fire Emblem and Wolfenstein Younblood 😆

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

Cuphead DLC originally announced for 2019 has been delayed to 2020. Keep that in mind when deciding whether to wait for physical version or get the digital version earlier (the physical version will have the DLC on the cart).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GrailUK

I'm no engineer but would it be possible to build a sensor bar into the dock of a Switch so you could play games like Switch Sports, Red Steel and light gun replica games using motion controls? Maybe further down the line an iteration of Switch could feature something like this.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

HobbitGamer

@GrailUK The IR on a joycon is on the bottom, though. BUT... you can use a joycon as a pointer in Labor VR garage. So you don’t really need a sensor bar anymore.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

GrailUK

@HobbitGamer Oooh. I don't have enough eyes to be interested in VR / Labo lol. Oh that's good to know. I'm really missing shooting games lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

HobbitGamer

@GrailUK I hear ya! I played the mess out of Medal of Honor on Wii. Oh, and Umbrella Chronicles.

#MudStrongs

TuVictus

Games such as Red Steel 2 and Skyward Sword used motion+ tech, which didn't require a sensor bar. I think same concept for the World of Goo switch port, so it's definitely possible

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Ryu_Niiyama

GrailUK wrote:

@HobbitGamer Oooh. I don't have enough eyes to be interested in VR / Labo lol. Oh that's good to know. I'm really missing shooting games lol.

Quoted for same boat. Cyclopes unite! Except Scott Summers, he can fall down a well.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Arbor

i hope that we get motion controls in a “switch pro”. i have to imagine that if they ever plan on porting twilight princess or skyward sword, you’d need them. launch ports/titles for the switch pro?

Arbor

Buizel

@Arbor I think the Switch is technically capable of pulling off all of Skyward Sword's motion controls. Certainly the swordplay. The only thing missing is the IR pointer, however we've seen in BOTW that that can be well-mimicked (improved on, even) using the gyroscope within the joycon.

That said...if they do rerelease Skyward Sword, I hope they offer it without motions controls somehow. Partly so I can play in handheld mode, partly so that those who hated the motion controls can experience that fine game with fewer problems.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Grumblevolcano

@Arbor Not Twilight Princess, it came to GC and they could just port the Wii U remaster (same with Wind Waker). Skyward Sword is the tricky one.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic