Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 40,981 to 41,000 of 45,864

Ryu_Niiyama

I’ll stick with transformed on the wiiu.

Edit: cool about the direct!

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

redd214

Wow, a bit surprising but I'm excited to see more. Have had it preordered since it was announced,y kids are going to love this game in sure!!

redd214

DarkRula

Lookin' good, as Vector would say. I'm confident in getting TSR for the Switch.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

1UP_MARIO

Mario Maker direct 2 Morrow

Yes

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

PikPi

I'm hyped! Which makes no sense because I didn't even really touch Mario Maker 1 on the Wii U since I'm garbage at level design. I love the game more as a concept, I guess, and I can't wait to see more

PikPi

JaxonH

Sonic Team Racing looks incredible, as expected.

Time to get hyped for Mario Maker 2!

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: DQXIS, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ni No Kuni, Divinity: OS 2, Astral Chain, Zelda Link’s Awakening

HEY LISTEN! GO PLAY ORI AND THE BLIND FOREST!

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

Grumblevolcano

After the Mario Maker 2 Direct is going to be either a massive rant about NSO or people happy about Mario Maker 2.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

Meh, the SMM2 Direct is a waste of time, I'm already sold on the game.

It's a good bit of advertising, to make non-gamers more aware of its release next month, nothing else.

Switch Physical Collection - 430 games (as of October 14th, 2019)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest XI (Switch) Summon Night 6 (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

DockEllisD

@Galarian_Lassie Thanks for that. It has compelled me to preorder, and now I only have to wait a week which is nice.

SW-6158-1383-2033

Link-Hero

I just realized something with SMM2. What if you're locked of some of the game's features like uploading and downloading levels unless you subscribe to NSO? Going to be a bit upset in that regard as I do not want to support NSO until Nintendo makes its highly needed improvements.

Edited on by Link-Hero

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

FragRed

@Link-Hero Nintendo are releasing this game as a bundle with NSO, so expect it to require the subscription to do anything regarding uploading or downloading. Nintendo are going to go all out whenever possible to get people to subscribe and this is the perfect kind of game to get people to do so.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Harmonie

Magician wrote:

Meh, the SMM2 Direct is a waste of time, I'm already sold on the game.

It's a good bit of advertising, to make non-gamers more aware of its release next month, nothing else.

I mean, this'll hopefully keep them from spending too much time on it in the E3 Direct. When they spend time on it in a separate Direct, it doesn't take anything away and we don't even have to watch it. lol

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Link-Hero

@FragRed
I might have to wait on purchasing the game then until they release the improvements for NSO if that's the case. If they never do, then I'll sadly have to skip the game.

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed Mario Maker 2, Animal Crossing and Pokemon Sword/Shield will probably be the NSO trio. Mario Maker 2 basically functioning like Smash Ultimate's Stage Builder in terms of NSO, Animal Crossing having more online involvement than previous AC games and Pokemon Sword/Shield will probably have Bank locked behind NSO.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HobbitGamer

To play devil’s advocate, why would they pump up NSO if they don’t see more subscriptions? It’d be a horrible Catch 22 defense. My guess is they’re bundling this because they want more active subscribers, to show a higher use of NSO, to ‘justify’ whatever it is that’s ‘preventing’ them from pumping up the service.
But, purely devil’s advocate.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

I think you're just gonna have to miss out, then. I dont mean that in a snooty way, but as truth of the matter. You're just not gonna get to enjoy the game.

NSO for $20 sucks, but it also sucks paying $60 for PS+ just because I want to play Monster Hunter for a spell. It is what it is. I dont like it, but I like my MH and I pay up. I dont like NSO, but I like my cloud saves and my Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate online and my Diablo 3 online, and will love my Mario Maker 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 online, so I pay up.

Life's too short to stand on a $20/yr principle

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: DQXIS, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ni No Kuni, Divinity: OS 2, Astral Chain, Zelda Link’s Awakening

HEY LISTEN! GO PLAY ORI AND THE BLIND FOREST!

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

1UP_MARIO

I have to agree. NSO sucks but I love my mario kart 8, splatoon 2, mario tennis aces, smash, rocket league as well as cloud saves and how it covers my family and friends online

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Azooooz

Super Mario Maker 2. More of the same, or goodness awaits?

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic