Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 40,141 to 40,160 of 70,011

EvilLucario

I'll take it later, but the WHO is the same organization who classified trans people as mentally ill, which I found really bad. So I'm skeptical about video game addiction actually as that and not just as addiction to entertainment like movies and stuff.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

TuVictus

Very off-topic, but I'm loving Xenoblade 2's battle system compared to its predecessors. Simple UI but still plenty of depth to keep you on your toes. And whoever is in charge of music knocked it out of the park, and I'm barely past the 2nd chapter. Hard to imagine there's even more in the Torna expansion

TuVictus

NEStalgia

So I tried picking up TWEWY again......I want to love that game so much. Everything about it feels, sounds, looks like an Atlus game. It's so odd that it's S-E. But those (#%@# controls!! Why do they have to be so, so so bad? I find it best to just ignore half the pins, take only swiping pins, go with single joycon mode and just randomly waggle and mash A....seems to work better than actually trying. Somehow in my docked setup the joycon drops out all the time. And handheld with the touch screen....just no. So the game is only really playable in "tabletop" mode to me. Ugh!

NEStalgia

Eel

So, do people like time their gaming sessions, or how do they expect me to give them how many hours I play (accurately).

It did go in circles a bit with the online stuff too.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ralizah

@Morpheel I just guesstimated from memory. I don't think it's important to get the time you spent playing dead on. They're likely more interested in ranges of play time. I put 24 hours because, well, I spend around 2 - 3 hours playing Mon - Sat, and then a good 5 to 6 hours on Saturday, between Smash with friends, playing with my nephew at our slumber parties, and, of course, making headway in my "main" game (which, atm, is DDS on the PS2).

@NEStalgia TWEWY on Switch seriously looks like a cheap mobile game. I think it's a bad fit for the platform. If I ever end up playing it, it'll be the original NDS version.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NEStalgia

@Morpheel I suppose there's the system play logs...except mine are always ridiculously bloated because i'll just leave it on pause for hours at a time. I'll end up with like 78 hours on a game that I'm thinking "hmm, I'm pretty sure I played maybe 20-35...."

OTOH that pretty much confirms not an addict, so....yay?

@Ralizah It looks fine. The story is cool. The controls are just the most obnoxiously frustrating game controls I've played since the mandatory-waggle games on Wii. Technically if it looks like a cheap mobile game overall, the DS version was just a cheap mobile precursor to begin with.

The VN aspects are great....and combat can be fun...when it works...which is rare. The minigames are better than the combat. And pin grinding sucks with controls like that.

NEStalgia

SuperEndriu

Dont know if this the right place to ask, was the kingdom battle season pass ever on sale?

SuperEndriu

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
Ease up on the motion.

The game responds well if you press and hold the ZR for a split second before moving the cursor via motion. Once I learned how to manage the input recognition, everything clicked.

You just have to toy around for 5 or 10 minutes practicing. If you try to swipe right away it doesnt work half the time. Press, hold, then swipe.

And handheld works great with the touch btw.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NEStalgia

@JaxonH thanks for the tips! I'll give it a try. I'm not 100% sure how to actually make that work in practice but it's at least something to go on. It doesn't resolve the joycon cutting out, but that's not game specific. I'm only 3 feet from my consoles but somehow both the joycon and DS4 keep dropping out if i hold it low. I swear the arm of the couch must be made of solid lead 😂

Only the X1 controller has no issue. Joycon and DS4 are both BT, while X1 is proprietary. Must be something in the frequency spectrum. Pro controller also has no issue which is odd.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia I had a right joycon that would drop if I hung my arm over the back of my sofa. Or chair. Never could figure it out, and couldn’t duplicate it with the left or any other bt item. Maybe some of them don’t like feeling excluded 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Toy_Link

CTR:NF's page on the EShop has been updated. It's 5.7 GB and supports cloud saves.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer yeah, at first i thought it was the joycon and it's infamously wonky antenna.... But the DS4 does it too.... And all the consoles are 3ft from the chair, with x1x and ps4pro on the floor next to each other and the switch atop a tall AV rack above the chair.... There's no real reason to have controller issues there, but alli can think of is RF interference in the BT spectrum ... Not sure from what though. Nor why the pro controller isn't affected but dual shock is. And, no, there's no aquarium........

NEStalgia

link3710

Something certain people around here might be interested in is launching soon. If y'all want an easier way to hold Joy-cons anyways. I'll probably be picking up two pair myself.

https://www.gripclip.org/?utm_campaign=597676ca-7f88-4eca-b61...

Anyways, TWEWY is a personal favorite of mine, though I'll handily admit the DS is my favorite version due to the dual screen gameplay. The Switch version is far more newcomer friendly though, at least in portable mode. Haven't tried it docked.

link3710

WebHead

Tomorrow during the Pokemon Direct is probably the last chance for Switch mini to be announced if its releasing this month.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

HobbitGamer

@WebHead if they were going to, a Pokémon Direct would make sense. With the ‘main’ series making the jump off of the portable only form, I could see them using S/S as a type of debut game for a mini. But at the same time, I could imagine they’d want a bigger audience. On the third hand, maybe they’d see it as more of a device for current owners. Who knows, really. It’s Nintendo.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Grumblevolcano

It's confirmed that July is the last Splatfest:

"The penultimate Splatoon 2 Splatfest is on the way"

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

gcunit

I have no idea what these fellas are saying, but I think I could watch this all day

I think I'm much more interested in YW4 than PS&S at the moment.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ralizah

@Grumblevolcano I guess we'll be looking forward to a Splatoon 3 soon. There's no way they're going to just randomly drop support from this cashcow franchise.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Grumblevolcano

@Ralizah Exactly what I thought, Splatoon 3 reveal either after the Splatoon 2 tournament on Saturday or during the E3 Direct.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic