Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,261 to 39,280 of 69,963

Shellcore

@Magician You had me excited with that PSO2 video. Didnt read into the context and presumed it had been released in the West. Googled the hell out of it and only found disappointment. Thank goodness it's Friday, I guess.

Thannus

@Magician Saying Mario Kart shouldn't have a new game on Switch because MK8 was ported to the Switch is like saying Skyward Sword shouldn't have been on the Wii since Twilight Princess was ported to the Wii. (Edit: Day-old topic so sorry for the late mention, my activity feed is cluttered)

Edited on by Thannus

You're wrong until I say otherwise.

NintendoByNature

Im really struggling to decide what to purchase this month and next. Theres so much dropping

NintendoByNature

Thannus

@NintendoByNature The year of Nintendo truly begins next month - when Super Mario Maker 2 launches next month, expect a skyrocket of interest in Nintendo. We literally have a plethora of first party titles releasing for the Switch this year. Honestly, I'm personally not sure I'll be able to get them all within 2019! Haha!
The only certain buys for me are Link's Awakening and Luigi's Mansion 3, though it's very likely I won't wait long to get SMM2, Animal Crossing, and Pokemon Sword/Shield (Specifically Sword).

Grumblevolcano

Given the NSO situation, I wonder whether games like Team Sonic Racing and Crash Team Racing would be inactive for online multiplayer.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

@DFaceG_Rebooted dude i know. For me the year started last month. I want all 3 resident evil games, shaekdown Hawaii castlevania collection for sure. There's others I want but that's just for may not including june

NintendoByNature

Therad

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Given the NSO situation, I wonder whether games like Team Sonic Racing and Crash Team Racing would be inactive for online multiplayer.

Why would they? It should cost basically zero for them to include multiplayer.

Therad

Grumblevolcano

@Therad Not what I'm talking about, I'm talking about not being able to find matches (i.e. empty lobbies) in the Switch version because of the NSO requirement.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HobbitGamer

@Grumblevolcano Well the multiplayer on other consoles costs money too, yeah? I don’t see why it would be much different than Smash or MK8, anyway.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

Weird...anyone remember my repeatedly corrupt data with my Smash install? But LGPikachu/Eevee was fine as were other digital games (DKCTF, NSMBU, etc.)

Well I haven't used Switch much in the past few months, having been playing various PS/XB games instead. I just popped physical copies of Ys VIII into both switches in the house yesterday......both machines needed a system update, so I let that go ahead. Both systems downloaded the patch for YS. Then BOTH systems said the install was corrupt and needed to scan for corruption and redownload. After re-download both systems were OK. It's not possible both systems developed a bad SD card randomly at the same time coincidentally while playing Smash, so all I can think of is whatever went wrong with smash or the system update at the time may have messed up the entire file system permanently..... UGH! Between, this and the X1 HDD randomly spinning up every 60 seconds, I swear I'm going to dust off the SNES and never look up again

NEStalgia

Toy_Link

@Grumblevolcano Considering Activision (unlike Nintendo and some other third parties) puts their games frequently on sale (Diablo 3 had a sale just a month after it was released), I think there'll be plenty of new players joining in online.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Therad

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Therad Not what I'm talking about, I'm talking about not being able to find matches (i.e. empty lobbies) in the Switch version because of the NSO requirement.

Yeah, I knew what you meant. But it is basically free for them to add it anyway, regardless if there are enough subscribers.

Therad

Therad

AlohaPizzaJack wrote:

@Grumblevolcano Well the multiplayer on other consoles costs money too, yeah? I don’t see why it would be much different than Smash or MK8, anyway.

While that is true, paid online is a bad idea regardless of platform. It is bad for consumers and bad for developers. The only one it is good for is the platform holder.
Or rather, in the short term it is good for the platform holder. But it is bad for their own titles as well, such as Splatoon.

Therad

WebHead

@Therad buuuuuuut we all subscribe anyway because its not an option. That is how they get em.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

HobbitGamer

@WebHead Exactly. Love it or leave it, the only way to play online in 90% of console games is through a paywall. Developers know this too, so it’s not like they’re at a weak point. Consumers en mass accepted paywall multiplayer long ago.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@AlohaPizzaJack While that is the case for Xbox and Playstation, judging by online activity outside the big 3 (MK8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, Smash Ultimate) since NSO went live that's not the case for Switch yet. Whether Mario Maker 2 changes that though is a different situation (special edition having 12 months NSO suggests Mario Maker 2 will be like Splatoon 2 in which you can't do much without NSO).

Grumblevolcano

Thannus

I doubt SMM2 will be restricted to online, though it will undoubtedly be the primary selling point. I can see offline play of your own levels and LAN sharing being a thing given the Switch's hardware (and Splatoon 2 for reference).

Therad

AlohaPizzaJack wrote:

@WebHead Exactly. Love it or leave it, the only way to play online in 90% of console games is through a paywall. Developers know this too, so it’s not like they’re at a weak point. Consumers en mass accepted paywall multiplayer long ago.

I think that is such a strange argument. That is basically saying nothing can change, if that were true we would all live in caves.

Therad

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic