Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 38,801 to 38,820 of 53,174

HobbitGamer

PikPi wrote:

analog is squishy squish triggers and digital is clicky click triggers

Best explanation. 😍

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

JackEatsSparrows wrote:

PikPi wrote:

Best explanation. 😍

Lol lol, ya that pretty much sums it up 😆

PLAYING
NS: Pikmin 3, Ori Will of the Wisps, FE Three Houses
PC: Persona 4, Monster Hunter World

EXCITED FOR
NS: Monster Hunter Rise, Monster Hunter Stories 2, SMT5
PC: Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

EvilLucario

After playing on a DS4 for PC games I can confidently say that analog triggers only get in the way of 90% of the games I play. I wouldn't be against an extension of the Xbox One Elite Controller that lets you swap between analog and digital triggers as a set standard, because by god I hate analog triggers for the games I play.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

@EvilLucario What complaints do you have? I've not had a single issue with the DS4's analog triggers so far.

ACTIVELY PLAYING
N/A

EvilLucario

@Ralizah Nothing against DS4 itself, I just hate analog triggers period. It doesn't feel as natural as digital triggers for the games I play.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

I actually have a complaint using the DS4 on Fortnite on PC. To rapid fire a non-automatic weapon like a pistol, you have to fully release the trigger.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

@EvilLucario To be honest, aside from a few racing games and the occasional shooter where you can soft pull the trigger to zoom in or something, I barely even notice the difference in most games.

ACTIVELY PLAYING
N/A

Shadow75

same i get that feeling too

Edited on by Shadow75

Shadow75

Grumblevolcano

Driving/Racing games are the biggest benefit of analog triggers like even if Forza ended up on Switch I'd still play it on XB1.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

EvilLucario

@Ralizah For me it just doesn't feel right. YMMV but it's not very satisfying or receptive enough for me.

JaxonH

I’m not a fan of analog triggers at all when they need to be pressed as button clicks. So for the vast majority of games, Switch Pro is preferred to Xbox One Controller (actually, it’s preferred anyways because I can actually reach L and R easily).

But in games where you need em, it sucks not having em. Thankfully Trials Rising addressed this via the right analog stick. And while it felt a little awkward at first it didn’t take long to adjust. Now I’m just a ripping and roaring like you wouldn’t know the difference.

PLAYING
NS: Pikmin 3, Ori Will of the Wisps, FE Three Houses
PC: Persona 4, Monster Hunter World

EXCITED FOR
NS: Monster Hunter Rise, Monster Hunter Stories 2, SMT5
PC: Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

IceClimbers

World of Final Fantasy Maxima is 50% off on the US eShop right now!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Octane

You can't feel the difference between analog and digital triggers, it's all about how they implement them, how sensitive they are in game, etc. It's not really the controller's fault.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

Enter the Gungeon has sold 1m units on Switch and will be getting a physical release!

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Anti-Matter

Don't forget.
Tomorrow it will be 2nd Anniversary of Nintendo Switch.

My Favorite Rhythm games
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Pop'n Music
5. Beatmania IIDX
6. MaiMai
7. Taiko no Tatsujin
8. Dance Evolution
9. Sound Voltex
10. Mambo-A-Gogo

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

gcunit

JackEatsSparrows wrote:

PikPi wrote:

Best explanation. 😍

Except... the Gamecube analogue triggers have that massive click on them, so applying the above mantra could confuse newcomers in that particular case.

Edited on by gcunit

Want in on a family group for cheap NSO membership? Email [email protected]

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Buizel

Are the Gamecube triggers truly analog, or are they digital with 3 states (untouched, lightly pressed, full click)?

Personally I've never had any problems with analog triggers on the XBO and PS4. I think on both controllers the triggers feel very nice, albeit in very different ways (also I love the XBO's trigger rumble). That said, I don't really find myself missing analog triggers on the Switch - maybe it's the games I'm playing?

Previously "HunterLeon"

DarthNocturnal

@Buizel

Pretty sure it's full analog. I remember how in Melee, the lighter you pressed down on L/R, the slower your shield depleted over time. It didn't feel like it had separate states.

Metroid Prime also made the lock-on (L) and free-aim (R) reticules become more or less visible depending on how hard you pressed down. Smooth transition there too, from what I remember.

Luigi's Mansion and Super Mario Sunshine used them for gradual effects as well.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Buizel

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@Buizel

Pretty sure it's full analog. I remember how in Melee, the lighter you pressed down on L/R, the slower your shield depleted over time. It didn't feel like it had separate states.

Metroid Prime also made the lock-on (L) and free-aim (R) reticules become more or less visible depending on how hard you pressed down. Smooth transition there too, from what I remember.

Luigi's Mansion and Super Mario Sunshine used them for gradual effects as well.

Ah, I only remember Mario Sunshine which essentially had 3 states from what I remember - no FLUDD, FLUDD while moving (partial press) and FLUDD while still (full) - never noticed any subtleties in the middle one but maybe my memory is failing me. Was never skilled enough in Melee to know about the shields!

Previously "HunterLeon"

Octane

@Buizel You can adjust the amount of water you shoot when you partially press the trigger. So three states, but the middle one is variable depending on how much you press the trigger.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic