Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 36,721 to 36,740 of 69,995

EvilLucario

@AlternateButtons I have not played my copy of Tales of Vesperia yet because my copy arrived when I was playing Valkyria Chronicles 1, but the latter is fantastic. As someone who's garbage at strategy games (and prefers just beating the crap out of things with brute force) and only really played Fire Emblem 7 and Awakening as far as strategy goes, VC1's unique gameplay really struck a chord with me and I think I like it a lot more than Fire Emblem as of now. (I haven't played Path of Radiance yet though, so maybe that's as good) It's still turn-based strategy at its core, but it also mixes elements of third-person shooting, action, and RPG elements.

So even if you're not that big of a strategy fan (like me), I'd say VC1 is well worth your time. But since I have both because I heard Vesperia was a great game, just get both in the end anyway :^]

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

EvilLucario

Yeah what in the hell happened to that VC4 demo? Did it get taken down or something? I DEFINITELY remember downloading it and playing it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@EvilLucario Demo got removed on Switch but not on XB1. Don't know about PS4.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

EvilLucario

@AlternateButtons Definitely wasn't there yesterday. I checked like a week or two ago and it was just gone way before yesterday. Which is even worse.

EvilLucario

@Grumblevolcano Just checked my PS4, VC4 still has that demo.

Ralizah

@AlternateButtons For the price, I really can't recommend VC1 enough. The gameplay is a unique spin on the tactical RPG genre, deftly mixing real-time and turn-based elements. The characters are loveable. The plot is engaging, if somewhat basic. And there's a decent chunk of content there, so it should keep you occupied for 40+ hours.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Diddy64

NEStalgia wrote:

@electrolite77 I would love to see this force EA to stop focusing on cash cow milking and return to trying to attract sales with new non-service games. They have a lot of capable development teams there, and they keep them chained at all times. EA used to make some of the best games before they got on the "all FIFA all the time" treadmill.

Exactly my thoughts. They have made good games in the past like The Lord of The Rings: The Third Age and The Lord of The Rings: The Return of the King. Two of my favorite games made by them. Hopefully this strife give the developers the liberty to make a sequel to The Third Age, my favorite LoTR game.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Diddy64

@DarthNocturnal I see. But can EA ask permission to Warner Bros to develop LoTR games? (I don't know much about how licenses work).

Undergoing games:

bluemage1989

Regardless of who does it i cant help but think Middle Earth would make for a great setting for an SRPG.

bluemage1989

Late

Checked European and Japanese eShop and neither have the Valkyria Chronicles 4 demo anymore. I wonder why they removed it. I haven't played Tales of Vesperia but Valkyria Chronicles is a great game.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

JaxonH

Both are incredible games.

As much as it pains me to recommend something over Tales of Vesperia, the low price might actually edge out in favor for Valkyria Chronicles (which is also amazing).

I’m feeling really strongly toward Tales of Vesperia though because I’m in the middle of playing it right now, and so is my brother (but he’s played it before). It’s such a fantastic game. They just don’t make games like this anymore. They really don’t.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Therad

SamusLv7 wrote:

NEStalgia wrote:

@electrolite77 I would love to see this force EA to stop focusing on cash cow milking and return to trying to attract sales with new non-service games. They have a lot of capable development teams there, and they keep them chained at all times. EA used to make some of the best games before they got on the "all FIFA all the time" treadmill.

Exactly my thoughts. They have made good games in the past like The Lord of The Rings: The Third Age and The Lord of The Rings: The Return of the King. Two of my favorite games made by them. Hopefully this strife give the developers the liberty to make a sequel to The Third Age, my favorite LoTR game.

I think it is a pipe dream to think ea will change. It has gone on too long and they have gotten rewarded time and time again.

Therad

Diddy64

@Therad I know what you mean but hey, a man can dream. Thankfully one executive leave EA (the one which always had an angry face when it was at a stage announcing fifa for Switch. I don't remember his name). Not to mention that Capcom miraculously revived Megaman. So, who knows. It could happen a change of heart to EA.

Undergoing games:

FragRed

@subpopz FIFA and other sports games from EA do sell incredibly well and is what keeps them afloat, but I don't think the last Battlefront game and certainly Battlefield V didn't sell anywhere near as well as they were expecting. Now I'm not saying that EA won't make a lot of money from in game purchases/season passes that will make up for all of this, but I still think it has hurt them internally.

Also the troubles they have had with creating more than 2 Star Wars licensed games is not a good thing, and that must also concern them internally. Isn't there rumours going around that Disney may have already pulled the license from being expanded beyond the 10 years which caused that latest cancellation? Would not surprise me if it turned out true.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

GrailUK

EA are certainly missing a trick leaving a 'classics series' on the table. There is certainly the demand for their older games (not GaaS) on Switch. Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, Mass Effect, Burnout (*edit for Anti-Matter), The Sims etc. Heck, I would be interested in a EA Megadrive compilation!

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Anti-Matter

What about The Sims franchises ?
Looks like almost nobody here like to talk about The Sims games.

Anti-Matter

Diddy64

I guess my best hope is that someone else ask Warner Bros to let them make a LoTR: The Third Age sequel.

Undergoing games:

FragRed

@subpopz Now that is definitely interesting. I had no idea that the people in charge in getting the deal for Star Wars on EA's side left soon afterwards, or that EA were unhappy with the whole thing. But it would not surprise me, because EA is a company that wants all profits for themselves and would happily pull down the whole franchise to get that profits if they could without involvement from outside parties.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Diddy64

@Anti-Matter Don't give up. I am sure you will someone that likes The Sims.

Undergoing games:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic