Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 25,921 to 25,940 of 69,981

RR529

Woot! It's about time to get lost in JRPGs! Atelier, South Park: Fractured but Whole, Ys VIII, and Octopath Traveler all pretty much one after the other.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JaxonH

I hardly see anyone talking about South Park.

It's not doing too well on Amazon either, in the ordered top sellers list.

I hope there's enough people willing to cash the checks they wrote saying it should be on Switch. Need that Ubisoft support.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

OorWullie

@JaxonH The South Park game doesn't appeal to me at all. Maybe it would if I had ever watched it,haven't seen a single episode. Even if I was into it though, it's turn based. Just not my thing at all but that's alright, hope it does well for having Ubisoft on Switch sake.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

JaxonH

@OorWullie
Not really my flavor of humor- too crude for my liking.

But I'm willing to give the game a shot. I hear it's a good RPG.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

darkfenrir

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-03-21-how-they-go...

""Studio Wildcard only asked for a first playable. That's not even a straightforward port. They just want to be able to play it, but maybe sound isn't there yet. Or no cutscenes. Or not all the controls are implemented yet. Maybe you can walk and do this and that, but you can't craft anything yet. That's a first playable and that's what we agreed. But we went all the way and did a straightforward port on every sub-system, and then some. We still have some work to do, but it's already running close to 30fps in most cases."

Interesting talk on how they managed to get ark survival working on switch :3

darkfenrir

Blathers

Re:Legend isn't on the list. I'm calling fake

In all seriousness, half of the games are just random games that people think are good with a 2 on the end, or some really tacky subtitle on the end (Link across Islands, really?)

And the other half is just random crap.
Why would Big Hero 6 get a release? The movie came out in 2014. Tooka-Laylee? The game didn't do that great, despite all the hype. They're not gonna beat a dead horse.
Xenoblade Warriors? Bahahaha!

"Phoenix Right"

Edited on by Blathers

Stay safe, kids: Make sure to save frequently during multiplayer, and always use a stylus!

3DS Friend Code: 1848-2106-5430

IceClimbers

@JaxonH South Park is a day one purchase for me! Haven't made up my mind on whether I want it digitally or physically yet.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ralizah

South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Y's VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana
Octopath Traveler
SMT Strange Journey Redux

South Park is probably short, but I'm willing to bet the other three are all 50 - 100 hour games.

I also have Etrian Odyssey V and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to finish.

lol my whole year is going to be insanely long RPGs.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Grumblevolcano

Super Mario Odyssey hint art seems to be a weekly thing now, a new one has appeared in the News section.

EDIT:

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DanteSolablood

@Grumblevolcano Seems to be Nintendo are a big fan of Soul Eater.
Untitled

Edited on by DanteSolablood

Danté: Old, cool & wise (the latter two are lies)
3DS FC: 1461-6243-5395
Switch FC: SW-4146-5915-6308
"Friendship is rare, hand me that shotgun buddy, hand me that chair."

Twitter:

Late

@JaxonH I'll get South Park but not at launch. Knowing Ubisoft, its price will be halved if I wait a month or two.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Anti-Matter

Quick question about LEGO Worlds Switch.
Does the Switch version also feature the DLCs such as Retro 1950's Diner, Festive, etc like on PS4, Xbox 1 & PC ?
Is Switch version has Touch screen feature ?
I'm kinda temptated with Boxing Gym from Diner 1950's DLC, But i need to know if LEGO Worlds is really worthy with those DLCs.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

JoeDiddley

@Late good thinking, I’m on the fence so I may hold off until the price comes down

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

gcunit

Can't believe the amount of text discussing that list. No original source given? You guys are such suckas

@Yumyums - EA can say they're waiting for first year install base figures, but that doesn't mean that's what they're actually doing. If they want a FIFA 19 on Switch, they'll get it done. They've made a few by now, I think they know how to do it.

@Anti-Matter Lego Worlds doesn't utilise touch screen. It does get DLC but I don't keep tabs on whether it gets exactly the same DLC on all platforms. My guess is that it does though.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

What's the lineup for April? Just South Park? I guess it's the final stretch to DKC then. It seems so far away... yet so close I can taste it.

@gcunit
We're discussing it's potential validity, which is usually what people tend to do. I don't think anybody's a sucker for debating whether something is valid. But the original Reddit post would be helpful, something IGN failed to provide. I can promise you though if that was the screenshot originally posted, there's no possible way someone could predict all that.

So, either the screenshot isn't original... or it's real. There's absolutely no in between on this. Unfortunately it seems nobody has cared enough to do the proper research and link to the original post reported on, not even the sites reporting it.

As unlikely as such a huge list is, and as unlikely as some of those games seem, you have to prove it with evidence or disprove it with evidence (unfortunately people tend to go with gut reactions, which have led me to be wrong countless times- data should drive decisions). So until someone bothers to dig up the original post IGN referred to, all we can do is discuss what we see. The original post is needed. Our entire discussion centers around it. Maybe yummypills will dig it up for us. He seemed particularly anxious to disprove it, which is good because usually it takes a little motivation to research. Goodness knows I don't have it lol.

Edited on by JaxonH

Buizel

Very excited for South Park myself. I'm not the biggest fan of the show but the first game was perhaps one of my favourites on the 360. Very happy I put off buying it until now - in fact it looks like I might do this with any third party title that has a reasonable chance of coming to Switch for the foreseeable future.

At least 2'8".

JaxonH

The plot thickens.

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

KryptoniteKrunch

Very interesting list. Were games that were announced for Switch this month(ex. Everspace and Ark) on this list when it was made back in February? Not doubting this list yet, but some of these "leakers" can be tricky with that kind of stuff.

But I will say a lot of this is possible. I don't think the Pokemon games will be called Nuclear and Chemical though, lol. The names for the Diamond and Pearl remakes sound realistic though. Earthbound Collection would be huge. I still think Nintendo will release Mother 3 in the west.

And can we talk about Punchout!! meets MadWorld?

Edited on by KryptoniteKrunch

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

JaxonH

@KryptoKrunch
Ark wasn't, but who knows when the list was originally compiled, or the last time it was updated.

Spyro Treasure Trilogy was just confirmed hours ago to be real, and that was a game on the list with the exact same title.

Not sure how people can explain that one away.

Edited on by JaxonH

Therad

GrailUK wrote:

@Octane The list was posted Feb 4th. 16 Nindies that appeared yesterday were in consecutive order. The Garage was only announced by Tiny Build yesterday and there is nothing dated earlier on the internet. I dunno...I am usually sceptical and roll my eyes at stuff like this, but...I couldn't list 200 games and predict the nindie showcase like that.

Can you prove the list of nindies were there before the nindies presentation? Otherwise it is quite possible they were added after the fact, since imgur doesn't report edits.

To me the list feels like the usual fake leak lists. Add some games that have already been revealed (Yoshi, pokémon), sprinkle in with likely franchise games (DK, mario kart, animal crossing, 2d mario etc), add some outrageous games (The Simpsons: Hit & Run HD, Baby Mario & Friends: Yoshi Circle, Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival DX) and some fan favorites (Phoenix Wright, bad spelling for good measures). Oh, and a picture that is one hundred percent worthless.

Therad

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic