Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 25,481 to 25,500 of 70,053

FragRed

@DarthNocturnal I kinda hope it's not the main "something" otherwise it will be another several years before we get something for the Switch from them.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

bluemage1989

@JaxonH

I was thinking the same thing about a third entry and it would make sense to lay the ground work but surely it would be better doing a remaster (handled by a third party studio even) for the Switch. Withholding technical reasons from a business point of view I would have thought Switch was the better fit. Then again it's probably more my own personal disappointment clouding my judgment ;p will still buy just feels like a missed opportunity to get some more first party on the Switch.

bluemage1989

JaxonH

@bluemage1989
From their perspective, likely 2 reasons why.

1 The idea is to get the 75 million 3DS owners excited for the franchise with the release, then draw them into Switch when a new entry arrives.

2 Dark Moon means an engine already exists, so it makes it that much easier

And lastly, they have to release something for 3DS. Might as well make it an easy game with an engine already done and can be used to bait a large pool of gamers toward Switch

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

CaterpillarGuy59

@Grumblevolcano You keep saying the news section confirms Odyssey DLC, may I ask what it says? (I’m just curious, because I looked and couldn’t find it.)

If you like goofballs, then you've found the right person

~ Currently playing: Pokémon Legends: Arceus (Switch), Monster Hunter: World (PS4), Banjo Kazooie (N64 via NSO)

~ Currently watching: The Book of Boba Fett, Link Click, Kaguya-Sama: Love is War, Horimiya

Switch Friend Code: SW-4969-1374-0104 | 3DS Friend Code: 4742-6966-5355

bluemage1989

@JaxonH

In this first year we have been spoilt by great games on Switch and there frequency and we have so many great games lined up and it's not even been E3 yet I mean it's pretty great so really I have no reason to complain about this one game to 3DS.

Regarding your points I can see your logic and don't think your wrong but 1. Out of the core customer base of the 3DS how many of these people are already excited by the franchise (six million sales would suggest quite a few) and also how many have already/will soon upgrade to the Switch (I would say a lot of 3DS household's will have done so) I don't have any data to support that just my humble opinion. 2. I don't fully understand the technical aspects but when you see Captain Toad working across WiiU, 3DS and Switch could the same not be done with Luigi's Mansion.

bluemage1989

OorWullie

@tobibra I just checked and for me the page displays my account's email address, available funds and my usable gold coins balance. Lastly it shows the last 4 digits of the card I have on file and gives me the option to delete it. It's a page that I will never need unless I lose my console (touch wood) and want to delete my info before someone uses it to buy games with my own funds.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Grumblevolcano

@ParkaTron At the end of the news article "A free Super Mario Odyssey update us available now!", you have:

"More new outfits are planned to be added, so keep your eyes peeled for future updates." - This confirms more updates.

It looks like Mario's grand adventure isn't over yet, eh? We hope you continue to enjoy playing Super Mario Odyssey!" - Hints at more significant content.

Outside the news section there's also situations like regarding obtaining 999 moons.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@bluemage1989

I guess it comes down to this: you could say that about any game that's coming to 3DS. You could ask the question "why not Switch" for every single game they have announced for 3DS. You could use that very same reasoning to justify why it should be on Switch.

But the fact remains, some games simply have to be on 3DS to keep the system going. If it's not this, it would just be another one, and people would be asking the same questions about that one.

In fact, if it was on Switch, you'd likely hear "another port, not interested!". People only say they want it when they can't have it. But when they can have it they complain it's not what they want.

That aside, The fact is there is a minimum of 60 million 3DS owners who do not own a Switch. And that's assuming every single Switch owner is a 3DS owner (which we know isn't the case). I'm sure a lot of them will ultimately upgrade but they want as many people buying Switch as possible. No matter how many of them upgrade the endgame is more. More more more. Sell as many consoles as possible. And with 60+ million Nintendo gamers who have not made the Switch, appealing to them is a smart play.

They've used this tactic time and time again in the past. Xenoblade 3D and Xenoblade X. DKC Returns 3D and Tropical Freeze. Mario 3D Land and Mario 3D World. Even down to Wii U and Switch game themes offered on the Theme Shop.

So evidently it works. Evidently they have historical data showing this tactic works which is why they must keep using it.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

IceClimbers

So the gold points work on the Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion. You also get 100 points for buying it

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

CaterpillarGuy59

@Grumblevolcano Ah, thanks. I remember hearing about a datamine last week, and they had found evidence of a few new costumes, so it seemed that there were for sure more costumes. That part about Mario’s adventure not being over yet, now that excites me.

Edited on by CaterpillarGuy59

If you like goofballs, then you've found the right person

~ Currently playing: Pokémon Legends: Arceus (Switch), Monster Hunter: World (PS4), Banjo Kazooie (N64 via NSO)

~ Currently watching: The Book of Boba Fett, Link Click, Kaguya-Sama: Love is War, Horimiya

Switch Friend Code: SW-4969-1374-0104 | 3DS Friend Code: 4742-6966-5355

JaxonH

Looks like World Conquerer X is a fairly legit WWII strategy game (and, its Switch exclusive, for the record).

http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/2018/03/review-world-conqu...

Reviewer says it's more simple and streamlined than the uber-serious WWII strategy games, but to its credit plays great and is a perfect introduction into the genre for newcomers.

I think I may pick this up. There's nothing like it on Switch. Heck there's hardly anything like it on consoles period. This genre is sorely lacking.

Edited on by JaxonH

Tobiaku

@OorWullie Saw it on my computer. Looks like its just another one of those sites that don't work on my tablet for some reason.

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Spoony_Tech

@SLIGEACH_EIRE It will cost me nothing as I had bought NBA Playgrounds. They had better honor that!

I don't see why a digital game costs more. Bad move and I hope no one supports it because of this.

Edit: Didn't realize this was getting a physical release.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Ya, $10 more on top of a $30 game is substantial, I hope someone gets an answer out of them as to why this is the case. It's most probably the cartridge expense issue again. I searched but can't find any information on its file size, it's too early really.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

I was just thinking this morning, the Direct was another event that came and went and still we don't know what Retro Studios are working on. It's been over 4 years since DKC: TF. Imagine if it emerges at E3 that they've been working on the upgraded port of Smash Bos. Wii U.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

StuTwo

@SLIGEACH_EIRE They’ve been busy working... on their CVs and posting them to Bungie.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal Maybe they can't decide which sounds better between Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch or Super Smash Bros. 4 Deluxe

I'm of the view it could be either a port or a Splatoon 2 type situation.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SLIGEACH_EIRE

So we got MK8 Deluxe last year but somehow they've made a new Smash Bros. game for this year despite the facts that they only finished making DLC for it a couple of years ago, Sakurai saying he needed a rest and that Nintendo themselves haven't said it's new. They can put a lick of paint on it, update Link and Zelda, maybe add some new fighters(Inklings for starters) and stages, possibly a few new modes, but there's just no way I believe this is an all new Smash Bros. game.

There are some reasons why they wouldn't want to say it's a port of the Wii U/3DS game, e.g. the DLC. What happens there? Would they include all of that for free? That's a lot of revenue and wouldn't be in Nintendo's nature. Companies also took a slice of its profits, Platinum Games, Capcom, Square Enix, Bandai Namco and more.

The DLC on Wii U/3DS is a mess on the eShop. There's not even an all-in-one bundle. The DLC just for the Wii U version costs twice the price of the game and only adds a fraction of extra content compared to the main game.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic