Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 19,901 to 19,920 of 69,964

JaxonH

Because people already have that.

And people don't buy things they already have that do it better.

It's why so few PS4 owners go looking to buy an Xbox. Their PS4 does everything the Xbox does, has all the same games and runs them better.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@JaxonH Yep. I don't know why people seem to think there'd be a deluge of third party content if Nintendo just made a powerful home console. Post-SNES Nintendo home consoles (except the Wii, which also offered something unique from the competition) have been on an ugly downward sales trend, culminating in the Wii U, which was only purchased by hardcore fans. Nintendo knows this, which is why all of their post-GC consoles have been trying to offer an alternative to the competition and their power arms race. Nintendo has finally traded on their popularity as a manufacturer of portable gaming hardware to introduce the world to a legitimately cool handheld/console mash-up, and people are buying it in droves because it offers something that the competition doesn't.

The Switch is a great idea. I never want to go back to TV-tethered home console games and sub-HD handhelds that can't be made to play on the TV at all.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

MFD

@JaxonH Well, then wait for the next generation of consoles and launch along sides them then, so Nintendo can prove they've the better offering. Done deal.

@Ralizah It boggles my mind that this, of all things, is what people want. I'd honestly have expected them to much rather buy a Switch handheld without all the added fluff. And I daresay Nintendo themselves are boggled with me, even now.

Edited on by MFD

MFD

JaxonH

@UmniKnight
Still won't work.

Brand loyalty and surety of games means nobody will abandon their PS/Xbox. Ever. Unless they do something incredibly stupid to drive them away like MS did (And even then, they'll just flock to the other sure console, not Nintendo).

Nobody is choosing Nintendo over those consoles, ever. And rightly so because Nintendo's online will always be sub par and they will always have less 3rd party games. It's a matter of choosing Nintendo in addition to and nobody chooses Nintendo in addition to if it's the same dang thing they already own.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

SKTTR

For me it was enough that the Switch is the next (much more powerful) home console that has games like BotW, Mario and Xenoblade 2. I don't use handheld, but I don't care because it's still more powerful than the Wii U, and Mario Odyssey is showcasing that, being the prettiest, and technically most advanced game on the Switch so far.

But the thing is, for 3DS users this is the next (way more powerful) handheld console as well. The technical/visual jump is night and day. If I was a 3DS/handheld gamer, I couldn't pass this console up at all.

The Switch draws in and combines both: 3DS developers and Wii U developers are now Switch developers, and 3DS users and Wii U users are adapting to be Switch users. There'll be no separation between two systems anymore, only unity.
It means more games and more gamers on one system, and it's beginning to show.

@JaxonH Are you serious?
Switch is my main gaming device. And my secondary console is the Wii U.
I never needed an Xbox or PS to be considered a real gamer. I regularly help friends and my brother when they get stuck on their Xbox and Playstation games because I'm the most skillful gamer around here. I jump in and beat the stuff in seconds they're stuck on for days. I'm so spoiled by Nintendo, really, to the point that other console games bore me.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Buizel

SKTTR wrote:

But the thing is, for 3DS users this is the next (way more powerful) handheld console as well. The technical/visual jump is night and day. If I was a 3DS/handheld gamer, I couldn't pass this console up at all.

The Switch draws in and combines both: 3DS developers and Wii U developers are now Switch developers, and 3DS users and Wii U users are adapting to be Switch users. There'll be no separation between two systems anymore, only unity.
It means more games and more gamers on one system, and it's beginning to show.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Nintendo simply can't sustain a home console and handheld and hope to compete with Sony and Microsoft.

But when all their effort goes into one system? We see what we've been seeing with the Switch this year: game after game (including main series Zelda and Mario in the same year!), sustained hype, and a healthy number of sales to go with it.

If Nintendo were still trying to juggle a traditional handheld and perhaps a PS4-like home console, I could definitely see the latter failing already, and the handheld may be lucky to stay on par with 3DS sales. I can't see how they would have improved significantly on last gen's sales.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

MFD

@JaxonH "Nobody is choosing Nintendo over those consoles, ever." Well, I know I'm an alien amongst the world, but now you're just calling me out And I'm pretty sure there's more like me that only have a Switch as console (though I do have a PC on which I game)

But what can Nintendo and third-party do together?! I've sincerely enjoyed Mario + Rabbids, can you imagine what more can be done in that vein? I've disliked Ubisoft for many of their ventures (Uplay, what they've done to Heroes of Might and Magic) But I can't hate them for this effort, because even if it had bugs, sometimes mini-freezes, I didn't care, not a bit, that's how fun the game was for me.

@Buizel I can see the point from a "unified developer" standpoint, but if you'd ask me, I would've liked to have seen the dock be it's own thing, still able to slot with the Switch, but a strong base that can play games on it's own.

Edited on by MFD

MFD

JaxonH

@SKTTR
Am I serious about what? Are you following the conversation here or...?

Of course there are people who only have a Switch. I'm talking about PS4 and Xbox gamers, and the likelihood of them choosing Nintendo over those consoles which they have been loyal to for 20 years, those consoles which will have far more 3rd party games, those consoles that have competent online... all the things those people value most

MFD

@JaxonH It's remarkable how you speak of loyalty, yet say it's silly for people to have it in regards to the Nintendo, Capcom situation. That's a little... reverse.. isn't it?

Edited on by MFD

MFD

SKTTR

Ah I see, I didn't see where this discussion started, so I had no context.

Well, yeah. There's definately something for them to value on these consoles, else they wouldn't be succesful with a loyal fanbase. It's the same the other way around because of different strengths and values.

JaxonH

@UmniKnight
What are you talking about?

We've been over this. More than once. I never said people don't have loyalty, I said nobody will not buy a game out of spite.

And platforms are not the same as games. People are loyal to platforms because of what they offer and the fact that's where ALL their games are. People will support certain developers, yes, and maybe even feel a sense of loyalty, but that's not the same thing as spite. That's not the same thing as "oh Capcom betrayed me so I'm not buying their games"

Of course people will feel loyalty. But not spite. Not "you made a game for another platform so I hate you forever". People go where the games are. And if MH is on PS4, that's where people will go. In fact, that speaks to the loyalty right there. People are loyal to the GAMES.

Edited on by JaxonH

MFD

@JaxonH But people will not buy a game out of spite! They won't just forget Capcom's muddying about until they rectify what's "wrong" in their eyes. I see people in our Discord, on website say they'll eschew Capcom until they resolve it. Sure, it's only a minority, but there are people that do this, without a doubt.

And how else do you send a message to Capcom that what they're doing is not cool?

Edited on by MFD

MFD

JaxonH

@UmniKnight

And those people are childish minority. Don't make the mistake of thinking a few fanatics in a Discord represents the masses.

The only people who get so strung up over a game not coming to their platform that they refuse to buy games from that developer... are fantatics.

edit
How do you send a message? You mean a "you better put your game on my platform or else" message?

What you have to understand is that YOU don't matter. I don't matter. No single person matters. Groups of significant people... they are the ones that matter. And the only message Capcom cares about is how well a game sells. Buy what you want. Skip what you don't want. But trying to "punish" a company for making a game on another platform... That's nonsense.

Edited on by JaxonH

MFD

@JaxonH People have their own way of viewing such things. Just like you call those people fanatics, I "could" call the people with loyalty to their console fanatics, it's a matter of perspective. But I'll keep it to this, since this isn't a very productive discussion.

I understand your point of 1 single person is irrelevant, but I've seen others look at it differently, constantly send messages and comments in regards to, in this case, Fire Emblem: Warriors not having a wide-spread roster. This person believes that enough outcry will cause a company to shift tune. What I mean to say by this, is that people take their own approach/way of looking at things in regards to situations like these. (Trust me, I've tried to explain this person that his efforts are futile, but he believes otherwise)

I just want Capcom to not leave the Western Nintendo console owners hanging, because not everyone has a console that will play MH:W.

Edited on by MFD

MFD

JaxonH

@UmniKnight
Outcry is fine. And despite the fact I think it's rificulous to skip a game based on a roster with excellent characters in it, hey, whatever floats people's boat.

But that's a totally different thing than actually skipping solid games you actually want to play just to "get back" at a company for... wait for it... making a game for another console. I'd love to have seen MH World on Switch, more than most, but it's not the end of the world.

You talk about leaving hanging, but what about the millions of PS gamers Capcom left hanging in the Wii and 3DS era? Capcom goes where the install base is. Don't take it personally. And IF/WHEN Switch install base warrants it, you'll see a game for Switch.

MFD

@JaxonH But you do understand people that bought a Switch, thinking the trend would follow and that Capcom would have a Monster Hunter for it that also gets localized, right? Sure, it may be naive thinking, but I can understand how they come to such a conclusion, especially with how the Switch is doing right now.

The Switch is rather sorely lacking online co-op games (that don't include PvP, like Splatoon 2) and Monster Hunter would've been a great addition here. That said, the absence of Monster Hunter on the system, gives an opening for the game Dauntless to make their entrance. I hope they'll bring their game to the system.

MFD

Anti-Matter

@UmniKnight
Maybe Capcom can be so screwed up with Monster Hunter World, but don't forget about other their games, even you think that games are Underdog, not really Big but still important.

Let me tell you about Another Capcom game that caught my attention. There is a Rhythm game by Capcom, created by FORMER of Dance Dance Revolution Sound Director and Artist, his songs are Really Famous such as AFRONOVA by RE-VENGE, MAX 300 by Omega, Sakura by RevenG, Trip Machine by DE-SIRE, etc.
Untitled
He is NAOKI MAEDA, previously he was working at KONAMI, but he left from KONAMI on year 2013 also with his Co-Partner : Junko Karashima, together they made their group with name TERRA. The game is called CROSS X BEATS, available on IOs and Arcade.
Untitled
Untitled

So, when you said that you wanted to boycott Capcom just because of Monster Hunter World, you were also boycott CROSS X BEATS , my Rhythm games that i gave Salute to Naoki Maeda Sensei that will be Shutted Down if Capcom business shutted down. Btw, you will never able boycott One game and send a message to Capcom straightly by asked them to release Monster Hunter World on Nintendo Switch. That's Business, buddy. One voice like that is easily ignored and will never responded.

You can still able support Capcom by purchase their other games that really Well Done for you. You can ignore other Capcom games if you don't like it. I know in your heart you still want to support Capcom, right ? But, with Capcom's attitude right now, i think it will really hard to trust Capcom like before. Take care, buddy.

Anti-Matter

MFD

@Anti-Matter You'll have to excuse me, but none of these games are a genre I enjoy.

MFD

SKTTR

One single person can make all the difference.

JaxonH

@UmniKnight
1 Its foolish to buy a console based solely on a game that hasn't even been announced yet and has no guarantee of coming. Find me one person who bought a Switch thinking the "trend would continue" based on nothing more than the hairs tingling on the back of their neck. I doubt you can. Because if that's the only reason they wanted a Switch they would have waited for that game to actually be released, or at the very least announced

2 The trend will continue. The console has barely been out half a year and it ALREADY has a MH game. Settle down and be patient. By the time this generation is over I would be shocked if it didn't have MULTIPLE entries

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic