Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 19,921 to 19,940 of 70,011

Ralizah

Trusting corporations is stupid. They're profit-generating machines. Don't mistake them for people.

With that said, I probably won't be buying MH World. I really liked the portability and easy local multiplayer of the 3DS entries, and that'll be replaced by online multiplayer that is hidden behind a ludicrous $60 paywall and TV-tethered gameplay. No thanks. I won't be buying any other Capcom games on PS4/PC either.

I will, however, buy Capcom games I like on the Switch. Because I want their games on my hybrid gaming device.

The way I see it, Capcom's loss is someone else's gain. If most of their games continue to miss the Switch, then the money I would have spent on those games will go to another developer who is releasing games on my preferred platform instead.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

SKTTR wrote:

One single person can make all the difference.

Makes for a good bumper sticker but in reality no large company (EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Capcom, heck even Nintendo) is going to bring a game or not bring a game based off one person. Unless that one person offers to personally fund development

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

@UmniKnight
I give you one solution, keep praying to God, pray for Enlightenment for Capcom, meek their heart so they want to localized Monster Hunter XX and bring Monster Hunter World for Switch. This is Not The End of the World if those games still don't make a debut on Switch this year. Btw, what other games from Capcom that caught your interest ?

For me, i like Street Fighter Alpha series, Street Fighter III series, Pocket Fighter, Disney Magical Tetris, Chip n Dale 2 NES, a bit intrigued with Monster Hunter Stories due to Cartoonish Anime looking and rated E10+ gameplay. I felt disappointed with Street Fighter IV & V due to Lack of Passion and Charming like previous Street Fighter games.

Well, that's my interest from Capcom games.

Anti-Matter

MFD

@Ralizah "The way I see it, Capcom's loss is someone else's gain." Another game like MH can be brought out on Switch and take MH's place.

MFD

MFD

Alright, let me put a spin on the discussion in a different direction. How much does timing of game release matter in this case? For example, the lastest DQ has been out in Japan on 3DS/PS4, how much people will double-dip for the Switch? Can they release games later without problems? I know there are people really miffed at delays/late releases, so I wonder how this will impact the Switch. Will portability kind of exclude it from all that?

MFD

JaxonH

Late releases will sell substantially less on Switch, no question. However, the developers will maximize revenue by doing so.

If DQXI released on Switch at same time, half the people who bought if for PS4/3DS would have gotten the Switch version. So let's say they all end up selling a million copies. All 3 versions do. So Switch version does well, but only because it's eating into the sales of other versions.

By releasing late, they still sell 3 million copies, but they do so on just 2 platforms. By coming in later with Switch, maybe they only sell half a million. BUT, it's all additional sales from people who already bought the game. So they ultimately make more money this way.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MFD

@JaxonH Interesting, but it reflects badly on the console that gets the last straw, since it sells less, right?

MFD

SKTTR

@JaxonH You're taking it too literal.
Of course one person can turn a million heads (that's something that is happening every day) so I wouldn't count it out either, but I'm just saying it is possible that it's your little voice amongst all the other little voices that can make the balance tip over to the other side. In reality the majority of all voices and voters, everything your statistics have to offer, always stay silent and invisible.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

JaxonH

@UmniKnight
It sells less because people are double dipping, not because it's "lesser than"

I don't know how it "reflects" anything. Some games come later, on all consoles- especially new ones. Just how it goes.

Edited on by JaxonH

NaviAndMii

MegaTen wrote:

@UmniKnight @EvilLucario @Grumblevolcano @KirbyTheVampire Thanks for voicing your opinion (on the best Nintendo game of 2017).

Breath of the Wild for me! ..although, I must confess to not having played Odyssey (waiting 'til next year) so I perhaps don't have the most well-rounded opinion out there!

Splatoon 2 is the game that I've played the most - with honourable mentions also for Overcooked* (best local multiplayer) and Stardew Valley* (best indie) - but Zelda was just breathtaking and far beyond my wildest expectations!

*not strictly 2017 games...but new for me this year, so I'm counting them!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Ralizah

BotW is easily my favorite release of the year. Splatoon 2 is fun, but I've pretty much stopped playing it entirely except for when the occasional Splatfest rolls around. In fairness, this was also how it went with the original for me. I'm just not an online multiplayer sort of person.

SMO is fantastic fun, and a solid competitor for second favorite game of the year (alongside Persona 5), but it never really awed me.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

MFD

@JaxonH Well, if a publisher looks at sales, and sees that the Switch version sold less, that isn't exactly a big thumbs up for the console, is it?

MFD

JaxonH

@UmniKnight
Uh, publishers are smart enough to know how to judge revenue. They have experts to do nothing but calculate ways to maximize revenue

It's isn't always about "selling the most on one console" it's about selling the most on ALL CONSOLES combined.

And you can believe they'd much rather sell less on Switch if it's all extra sales above and beyond other versions. You can sell 5 million on Switch but if it comes at the cost of 5 million less sales elsewhere, then those sales don't really mean squat, do they

Haruki_NLI

@JaxonH EA isnt.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Lethal

Thinking about buying another Switch to play Mario Odyssey. I sold my 2 Switches over the Summer for a profit. I do have a few questions about the Switch since it's been a few months since I had one.

Nintendo said something about a subscription service in October. Did that ever happen? Has the online features changed at all since July? Can you send friends messages?

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

JaxonH

@BLP_Software
Actually... they are.

Let's not pretend FIFA 18 on Switch wasn't a total failure, cause it was. And it was a solid game, by far the best portable entry to date (miles beyond anything on Vita or 3DS, even beyond PS3/360)

Their games simply don't sell well enough on Nintendo. Whatever revenue they could potentially make on Switch, they could make 10, 20, 100x that by devoting their resources elsewhere for another console.

They're not the same EA as they were even 5 years ago. They're a money generating machine, and their games reflect that. Switch gamers aren't the market for the games they make. Even popular franchises like Star Wars... are now online multiplayer shooters.

I've accepted it. Just the way it is. They could outsource 7th gen game ports to Switch but, the income would be negligible stacked against the bank they make on other consoles.

Haruki_NLI

@JaxonH I wasnt talking about FIFA 18...

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

SLIGEACH_EIRE

JaxonH wrote:

@UmniKnight
Uh, publishers are smart enough to know how to judge revenue. They have experts to do nothing but calculate ways to maximize revenue

It's isn't always about "selling the most on one console" it's about selling the most on ALL CONSOLES combined.

And you can believe they'd much rather sell less on Switch if it's all extra sales above and beyond other versions. You can sell 5 million on Switch but if it comes at the cost of 5 million less sales elsewhere, then those sales don't really mean squat, do they

You must have lost a load of weight this weekend with the amount of crap that's come out of your mouth. You really have wrote so much nonsense. Ask EA if they're happy with FIFA 18 sales on Switch.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

JaxonH

@Lethal
Nope, nope and nope. Online is fine, but you won't have voice chat or messaging. Switch is fantastic but it's not an online social console. Stick with other systems for that (not saying they won't add messaging with their online service because they very well might but I certainly wouldn't allow such a thing to affect my decision to buy- just count on it never happening and if it does then cool). Online service starts next year for $19.99/yr. But online works fine, and it's free until then. Splatoon 2 has an app which is pretty rad, and allows voice chat, but I just use the app for other things. Don't need it to play online.

I recommend Mario Odyssey, Zelda Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, Ultra Street Fighter II (grab it in a sale or something), Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle and Fire Emblem Warriors. Maybe you'd like Pokken Tournament but wasn't really my thing.

And Xenoblade Chronicles 2 which drops Dec. 1st. And whatever 3rd party games you want portably. Will want a tempered glass screen protector (amfilm is best brand for $8, Google hinge method and shower method to apply perfectly, glass is easy though). Also a micro SD if you are a digital gamer or want alot of 3rd party AAA games cause some have downloads and you'll want some space.

Lethal

JaxonH wrote:

@Lethal
Nope, nope and nope. Online is fine, but you won't have voice chat or messaging. Switch is fantastic but it's not an online social console. Stick with other systems for that (not saying they won't add messaging with their online service because they very well might but I certainly wouldn't allow such a thing to affect my decision to buy- just count on it never happening and if it does then cool). Online service starts next year for $19.99/yr. But online works fine, and it's free until then. Splatoon 2 has an app which is pretty rad, and allows voice chat, but I just use the app for other things. Don't need it to play online.

I recommend Mario Odyssey, Zelda Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, Ultra Street Fighter II (grab it in a sale or something), Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle and Fire Emblem Warriors. Maybe you'd like Pokken Tournament but wasn't really my thing.

And Xenoblade Chronicles 2 which drops Dec. 1st. And whatever 3rd party games you want portably. Will want a tempered glass screen protector (amfilm is best brand for $8, Google hinge method and shower method to apply perfectly, glass is easy though). Also a micro SD if you are a digital gamer or want alot of 3rd party AAA games cause some have downloads and you'll want some space.

Right on. I still have an AmFilm protector left from my other Switch. I also have my 64gb sd card that I had before as well. Sadly I had Zelda, Mario Kart, and Street Fighter purchased digitally and I am pretty sure I can not download them again. I do not understand why I can not download digitally purchased games whenever I want like you can on the other consoles.

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic