Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 19,801 to 19,820 of 70,082

Inertiacreep

@Caldorosso-E if you're going to come at me implying anything about my intelligence you might want to use better than a 4th grade vocabulary.

Inertiacreep

Haruki_NLI

People are really flinging mud at each other a lot lately. Is it a full moon or something?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Spoony_Tech

@BLP_Software I think I need to take a week and stay off the forums. All this bickering here, the Doom topic, and L.A. Noire is making it not worth reading the last few days. Too many people trying to convince others their point of view is the only point of view.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

BLP_Software wrote:

People are really flinging mud at each other a lot lately. Is it a full moon or something?

I posted a video in another forum elsewhere, I'm being attacked for it. I blame Waluigi.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

OorWullie

Just a random thought that popped into my head.

It would be good if they allowed us in future to archive our games to an external HDD attached to the dock. In docked mode all these archived games could still be accessed and played, kind of like how Wii games were eventually able to be played from a separate SD card menu. For handheld mode, you'd just need to transfer these archived games to and from the Switch's internal memory or SD card. It's a little messy but it's certainly a better solution than the current one where any archived software has to be fully downloaded again. Those who never use the dock can just keep doing what they're already doing, nothing would change. It just gives us an extra option for storing and accessing our games without the need for multiple micro SD cards or the current archive method.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

skywake

JaxonH wrote:

This is not exaggerating.

I have about 100 games in my steam list and at least a dozen of them that I know of that I had issues launching. If it wasn't an issue as I said it was then I would be playing on PC more. The fact I never do now speaks for itself.

Speaking for myself the only "issues" I've ever had with PC gaming have been in one of two categories. It's either a release that just generally suffers from the things that make modern gaming a bit of a pain sometimes. The massive updates, micro-transactions, large installs etc. And if it's not that then the issues have pretty much always been because it's an old game that wasn't built for the way I want to play a game in 2017. Display/Controller issues most of the time.

On the first point I think it's more or less the same for PC gaming as it is for gaming in general. And with the second that's only not an issue for consoles because you can't even do that. On PC there's nothing stopping you from buying a game from 15+ years ago and running it as it was. Games built before 1080p was a thing let alone 4K. On consoles that's only ever an option if someone has actually gone through the process of repackaging the game for the new hardware.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

Therad

I installed and setup a gaming computer and my Wii u in the same month. Guess which one gave me more trouble and took longer time to setup?

Therad

skywake

Good video here except for one point. Hardware/software development and business decisions take years to have an impact. The Switch and especially its launch are pretty much entirely as a result of decisions made during Iwata era Nintendo. This includes the decision to stop Wii U in its tracks and move onto a new platform.

Therad wrote:

I installed and setup a gaming computer and my Wii u in the same month. Guess which one gave me more trouble and took longer time to setup?

I had more issues setting up my Switch on my TV than either. Purely because it was hard to find a space for the dock where it could sit vertically, be close enough to the HDMI ports on the TV and close enough to the power points. Especially when you also add in a LAN adaptor into the mix as I did. At least with the Wii U, as fussy as the number of cables was, it could happily sit inside my TV cabinet.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

Grumblevolcano

@BLP_Software It's 3rd party month, this is how Nintendo fans manage to get big 3rd parties to abandon Nintendo systems.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Therad

@skywake the Wii u had an utterly annoying installation process. It installs something for a minute or so, then it asks you to enter something. Rinse and repeat. So you had to babysit it. The computer asked some basic questions then it completely installed.

Therad

PrincessSugoi

Just a couple of observations from this week regarding the Switch and ads:

1. Odyssey is being hyped. A LOT. I'm pretty sure I've seen this one ad being played more in this week either through regular television or YT than I heard any Wii U ad being played in it's life span. Nickelodeon was playing on the TV in the other room one night and I swear every commercial break an Odyssey ad was playing. Compare this to that one time I saw a 3D World ad on the same channel that one morning.

2. Best Buy has a holiday commercial out and I was pretty surprised they mentioned the Switch. Usually in these type of ads where they're just throwing out names of hot electronics, I expect to hear Xbox or Playstation for gaming. But here was the Switch only being out several months and being name dropped like a hot holiday seller. Which at this point, it's pretty clear it will be.

Nothing really groundbreaking here, just neat to see these little signs that the Switch's situation is in a whole other class compared to the Wii U.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

StuTwo

@Octane point taken.

Whatever those tentacles may or may not be doing - we'll use other words to describe it in the future (or leave it out of an on topic thread entirely).

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

electrolite77

A truly excellent video on the surprising competence displayed by Nintendo and how that's propelled the Switch towards success this year.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

MFD

@Ralizah When speaking of PC-games issues, there's one that sticks to mind. I still had an AMD card when I bought Lord of the Rings: War in the North, and that game started lagging like crazy at one of the near-last levels, and then just froze and crashed. By the time they'd fixed the issue, my care-cup ran empty

@electrolite77 You know, just my 2 cents but I find that guy to be a bit of a shill at times. Tends to overlook some problematic things, like how FE:W has cut-corners (which explains why it's done already).

Edited on by MFD

MFD

-Green-

That video was pretty good, and I enjoyed it. Arlo is pretty cool, and it's nice to seem him being so positive after how negative he was during the Wii U era.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@BLP_Software It's 3rd party month, this is how Nintendo fans manage to get big 3rd parties to abandon Nintendo systems.

It's Portvember you mean. 3rd parties aren't able to do like for like ports so they're playing it safe with older games with outlandish prices, that don't all fit on the cartridges and are lesser versions. So if they fail to sell well the blame will fall on both 3rd parties and Nintendo.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Spoony_Tech

@skywake I was thinking the same thing last night while I was watching it. However we don't know how long Iwata was really sick for and some of these decisions could've actually been made by a collective group of Nintendo higher ups. It was pretty clear Iwata was sick his whole last year we had seen him so who knows if he was actually making the hard decisions. One thing I do believe is he started the Switch in motion for sure. How much got done under his Presidency will always be unknown.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Pazzo-TheFool

Arlo is like the hype puppet of Nintendo when he's not being the grand inquisitor.

But I like him anyway. He's a fun channel.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

SLIGEACH_EIRE

UmniKnight wrote:

http://nintendoeverything.com/monster-hunter-world-co-directo... "It comes down to what we’ve already said – we want to deliver the perfectly adapted game for the hardware we have in mind." I wouldn't be surprised if the Switch is omitted from MH games in the future, should World sell well.

People are better off reading the source interview.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-01-if-monster-hunte...

From what they say here, this isn't coming to the Switch, ever.

Edit: Damn misspelling.

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic