Forums

Topic: WarioWare: Get It Together!

Posts 101 to 120 of 145

ReaperMelia

@Budda Thanks for the heads-up on how the rankings work! I already planned to keep working on improving my score, but that gives me even more incentive. I'll be pretty happy if I can get into the top 8% like I did with the first challenge, landing in the top 2% must be really tough!

I use Ashley, Jimmy T, Mona, 5-Volt, and the last character you unlock (not sure how to do spoiler tags here). It's kind of a mix of higher and lower-scoring characters, and I've leveled them all up to at least 10-ish for extra points (a few are at 30). I know I could get more points if I added characters like 9-Volt, but I'd also be more worried about messing up if I used someone like him. The aforementioned 5 are kind of my main team at this point I think.

"Little by little. Each day as it comes. That's how we should live."

Budda

@VIIIAxel
I think it's better to use "easy" characters. Gets you a higher score in the long run.
I use (all lv30) Wario, Dribble, Mike, Ashley and Obulon. I can't remember exactly, I think I made it to around or above 60 microgames?!? 10321 points at least.

Edited on by Budda

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

ReaperMelia

@Budda Using easier characters is definitely a good plan for lasting longer! The characters I use are generally ones I feel like I'm pretty good with in most cases. Only the last character is really questionable in that regard given their odd methods of attack, but I've mostly gotten the hang of it. I'll have to check on my points later, I definitely know I didn't get to 60 microgames though!

"Little by little. Each day as it comes. That's how we should live."

Henmii

This game is mostly focused on multiplayer, hence the "get it together" title. For a single-player like me its easily one of the weakest Warioware titles. The story-mode is very short and very simple, and after that its just getting the missing games, the highscores and all the prezzies. The prezzies just give you some artwork and a few pallette swaps if you give them to the characters. No unlockable bigger games, music (as far as I can tell) and crazy toys. Although the avalanche of phones and graters got "grating" after a while. I appreciate that they tried something new with the characters, but it just isn't as much fun as previous Wariowares. Oh, and NOT...ENOUGH...FRONK!!

Henmii

VoidofLight

@Henmii Eh, the story is as long as previous entries before Gold, and the gameplay of getting the minigames and playing them all over and over is the same. The only thing I really dislike is how some of the microgames aren’t that addicting, and how they got rid of the collectibles for prezzies.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Henmii

@VoidofLight

Might be, but it feels shorter. It all feels a bit hollow to be honest. Like a Subway sandwich: When you eat it, its great. But 15 minutes later you feel like you haven't eaten at all.

Past Warioware games felt meatier to me.

Henmii

rallydefault

This is my first Warioware game, so I have nothing to compare it to.

Just beat the story mode, played a few hours of some of the other modes. Played lots of the demo. It's a fun game for sure. Limited in scope, but definitely fun for short bursts. A lot of the characters are a little too similar. Some just seem blatantly better than others, but meh, that tends to happen regardless of game.

Not floored by it but also "content" with it, I guess you would say. I'm gonna try to get a lot of the missions and stuff this weekend before I switch back to Bravely Default II.

(I paid 30 bucks for it because I had some coupons, and I think that was pretty much the highest I'd want to pay for this game.)

rallydefault

VoidofLight

I honestly can't say I regret my purchase, since I enjoy the gameplay. There's a few smaller gripes I hold with it, but nothing of importance. Gold is still my favorite in the series, however GiT is pretty solid as well.

Ooyah

@Budda
I'm using the exact same five characters... they do feel like the easiest to use. Amazing score, by the way! I haven't broken 6,000 yet, but aim to focus on it over the weekend.

Ooyah

Sisilly_G

I’m hopelessly addicted and pouring in a few hours most nights. I dread to see how many hours I’ve clocked up when it becomes known in a few days.

Going through the Play-pedia is rather tedious though, and the lack of collectibles is really disappointing.

I always forget just how addictive this series is until a new game comes along.

I’m still crying out for a new Smooth Moves like experience though.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Dogorilla

@Silly_G What do you mean by going through the Play-pedia? There isn't a target score to reach on every microgame, is there?

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

VoidofLight

@Dogorilla There are target scores on every microgame in the play-pedia.

Dogorilla

@VoidofLight Oh there are? I hadn't noticed that. That's annoying, it took me ages to get every target score in the original game and I still haven't done them all in Gold. At least you can play the microgames with different characters in this game which might make it sliiiightly less tedious.

Funky Kong

Sisilly_G

@Dogorilla : The target score only applies when playing with all characters, and the target tiers are 15, 20, 25, and 30, excluding boss games, which are all 5, but they’re the easiest, as you only need to beat each game once (the easiest one will do) and you can flunk the rest of your lives to meet the target.

As for all of the other microgames, I usually play them all until I lose, which also makes good practice for obtaining the Master badges for each theme/level.

You get 300 coins per microgame and an additional 100 once you receive the badge for filling out a Play-pedia theme. Furthermore, the game specific goals are mostly easy enough (with a few I had skipped) and you get 800 coins for each.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Dogorilla

@Silly_G That explains why I hadn't noticed it, I don't think I've been on the Playpedia since I unlocked all the characters. Thanks for the info, I'll probably still try to 100% this game but it will take me a long time.

Funky Kong

VoidofLight

@Dogorilla The completion score only counts if you use all the characters during each microgame.

rallydefault

Yea, I thought I'd just make sure I unlocked all the games and then I'd move on.

Hours later, I can't put it down lol

rallydefault

Markiemania95

A really cool detail I just noticed about the Break Room - when Crygor begins his phone idle animation, Penny will respond by answering her own mobile/cell. They’ll both then hang up at the same time.

Markiemania95

Switch Friend Code: SW-1834-7038-7019 | 3DS Friend Code: 3093-7541-4657 | Nintendo Network ID: Markiemania95

Sisilly_G

“Played for 35 hours or more.”

Oh, my.

SKTTR

I'm sad. I don't like WarioWare: Get It Together! and Game Builder Garage that much.

I really wanted a sequel to WarioWare D.I.Y. and these two are not it!

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic