Forums

Topic: WarioWare: Get It Together!

Posts 121 to 140 of 145

VoidofLight

@SKTTR I don’t think a sequel to D.I.Y will ever happen, given it was a one-off experimental game that’s nothing like WarioWare.. just like Game and Wario.

Game Builder Garage was never going to be like D.I.Y, given they have two entirely different methods of creating games, and I’m pretty sure it’s impossible to make microgames in that engine.

As for GiT, it was never going to play like D.I.Y, given it’s a traditional entry in the series, with a slight multiplayer spin on it. Gold and Smooth Moves are more akin to GiT.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Snatcher

@SKTTR What didn't you like about it? I don't own it but from the demo to what I played it looked like fun.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

SKTTR

@Snatcher I don't like that the D.I.Y. in WarioWare D.I.Y. is just a one-off thing, and not a staple in the series. They removed what for me was the best part of any WarioWare game instead of adding to it.

But I can see why. The Switch touchscreen just isn't good enough for that kind of game, compared to the touchscreen of the DS/3DS and Wii U.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

VoidofLight

@SKTTR I mean, that and because not many people really play Warioware to make microgames. They play it just to play the microgames and that's about it.

Snatcher

@SKTTR So in your opinion what could they have done to make the game better?

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

SKTTR

@VoidofLight Then I'm in the minority. But last time I played WarioWare D.I.Y. there were thousands of custom minigames to download. The real problem was that WarioWare D.I.Y. (DS) + WarioWare D.I.Y. Showcase (WiiWare) were seperate games, and I wanted them to be in one package so that everyone had access to all features.

@Snatcher I guess the Switch just isn't up to snuff for a new WarioWare D.I.Y. game because of its different hardware/touchscreen. That's why Super Mario Maker 2's level editor also controlled worse than its predecessor on Wii U. Unfortunately, in this generation there's nothing you can do to bring the WarioWare D.I.Y. formula forward, so I accept to live with it. I wish they revisit D.I.Y. though, when the hardware gets better again.

VoidofLight

@SKTTR The showcase is pretty much gone now, and the microgames were more limited than they were in the main series titles.

rallydefault

Well, I'm really liking it.

The Wario Cup for last week was really tough for me (survival). It was just crazy fast by the time I was getting around 4k points, and that was the minimum for bronze I believe.

I think it changed, so I'll have to check it out.

It seems that a lot of people who aren't liking this one preferred having touch screen games? Is that accurate? I don't know. These games are wicked fun and super silly. My wife is perplexed by it lol

rallydefault

Snatcher

@SKTTR Understandable, thank you for your opinion.

SKTTR

VoidofLight wrote:

@SKTTR The showcase is pretty much gone now, and the microgames were more limited than they were in the main series titles.

Absolutely not. The game is the opposite of limited. Sure, you have just the touchscreen or the Wiimote pointer and a button to control, that's right, but the freedom you have in creating (and downloading) a wide variety of different microgames makes WarioWare D.I.Y. the most diverse and content-packed (and fun) WarioWare game ever.

The fact that the showcase is gone now, makes me want a new WW D.I.Y. even more, but as I said earlier, Switch is not the right console to move the series forward.

Edited on by SKTTR

VoidofLight

@SKTTR Except, the series is moving forwards. D.I.Y isn't the "next step", it's not even the main series. GiT is the main series, and it moves the series forwards.

Randomname19

If anyone here happens to also be a PC gamer with a VR headset(or owns a Oculus Quest).In the free game VRChat,there's two new worlds called "VRWare" and "VRWare Quest".Its Warioware,but for VR players.

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

SKTTR

VoidofLight wrote:

@SKTTR Except, the series is moving forwards. D.I.Y isn't the "next step", it's not even the main series. GiT is the main series, and it moves the series forwards.

No.

The main series is every game with WarioWare (and Game&Wario) in its title. And WarioWare D.I.Y. happens to be one of the main games.

Get It Together! is moving forwards in other ways like simultaneous multiplayer and different playable characters, but it's also moving backwards in the ways I come to love and expect from the series.

It would be an S-Tier game, an easy Day 1 purchase if it was like D.I.Y., but now it's nowhere near the top of my must haves.

VoidofLight

@SKTTR D.I.Y was a one-off experimental title which barely played anything like traditional warioware. It was never intended to be the future of the series, which is evident by the fact that Gold and GiT exist.

SKTTR

VoidofLight wrote:

@SKTTR D.I.Y was a one-off experimental title which barely played anything like traditional warioware. It was never intended to be the future of the series, which is evident by the fact that Gold and GiT exist.

Man, if you'd know anything about WarioWare please get the fact that every console received an experimental one.

Don't make me list how each itertation since Gamecube and GBA added some one-off console-specific experimentation.

I mean, I get you, D.I.Y.'s freedom and customization is more experimental and far deeper than the "gimmicks" of other WarioWare games, but that's exactly what I loved most. This was WarioWare Maker before Super Mario Maker existed.

Edited on by SKTTR

VoidofLight

@SKTTR Yes, I know most wariowares are experimental, but they all keep the same microgame formula, which D.I.Y ditched for customization.

SKTTR

VoidofLight wrote:

@SKTTR Yes, I know most wariowares are experimental, but they all keep the same microgame formula, which D.I.Y ditched for customization.

WarioWare D.I.Y. had plenty of original Nintendo produced microgames as well. It might not have been the meatiest WarioWare for that "classic option", but there is an offline singleplayer highscore hunt regardless. One great feature was that Indie Devs regularly added their own WarioWare microgames. Many hits like World of Goo and Shantae were part of it!
It was way ahead of its time and for you (and I guess a majority) it still is.

Edited on by SKTTR

VoidofLight

@SKTTR I can get that it being the first Maker game nintendo made was it being "ahead of the times", but the thing is, most people buy a game to play the game itself, not to make the game. There's a reason why Mario Maker hasn't replaced 2D Mario, given that not everyone wants to make mario stages. D.I.Y wasn't even the future of the series, it was akin to Snapped and Game and Wario, being it's own little side thing, which was never intended to take the place of the main series.

Good that some indie devs got their start on the platform, but most people who are into Warioware rather have a game where the 200 microgames are made by nintendo, and not just randoms with a limited tool-set, with the game's online going down in a few years, rendering the game useless unless you bought it second hand.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic