Forums

Topic: WarioWare: Get It Together!

Posts 121 to 140 of 156

Silly_G

I’m hopelessly addicted and pouring in a few hours most nights. I dread to see how many hours I’ve clocked up when it becomes known in a few days.

Going through the Play-pedia is rather tedious though, and the lack of collectibles is really disappointing.

I always forget just how addictive this series is until a new game comes along.

I’m still crying out for a new Smooth Moves like experience though.

An affiliate link to a Link in need is an affiliate Link indeed.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Dogorilla

@Silly_G What do you mean by going through the Play-pedia? There isn't a target score to reach on every microgame, is there?

Currently Playing:
I don't even know any more, I have so many video games, help me

VoidofLight

@Dogorilla There are target scores on every microgame in the play-pedia.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

Dogorilla

@VoidofLight Oh there are? I hadn't noticed that. That's annoying, it took me ages to get every target score in the original game and I still haven't done them all in Gold. At least you can play the microgames with different characters in this game which might make it sliiiightly less tedious.

Currently Playing:

Silly_G

@Dogorilla : The target score only applies when playing with all characters, and the target tiers are 15, 20, 25, and 30, excluding boss games, which are all 5, but they’re the easiest, as you only need to beat each game once (the easiest one will do) and you can flunk the rest of your lives to meet the target.

As for all of the other microgames, I usually play them all until I lose, which also makes good practice for obtaining the Master badges for each theme/level.

You get 300 coins per microgame and an additional 100 once you receive the badge for filling out a Play-pedia theme. Furthermore, the game specific goals are mostly easy enough (with a few I had skipped) and you get 800 coins for each.

Edited on by Silly_G

Dogorilla

@Silly_G That explains why I hadn't noticed it, I don't think I've been on the Playpedia since I unlocked all the characters. Thanks for the info, I'll probably still try to 100% this game but it will take me a long time.

Currently Playing:

VoidofLight

@Dogorilla The completion score only counts if you use all the characters during each microgame.

rallydefault

Yea, I thought I'd just make sure I unlocked all the games and then I'd move on.

Hours later, I can't put it down lol

rallydefault

Markiemania95

A really cool detail I just noticed about the Break Room - when Crygor begins his phone idle animation, Penny will respond by answering her own mobile/cell. They’ll both then hang up at the same time.

Markiemania95

Switch Friend Code: SW-1834-7038-7019 | 3DS Friend Code: 3093-7541-4657 | Nintendo Network ID: Markiemania95

Silly_G

“Played for 35 hours or more.”

Oh, my.

SKTTR

I'm sad. I don't like WarioWare: Get It Together! and Game Builder Garage that much.

I really wanted a sequel to WarioWare D.I.Y. and these two are not it!

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

VoidofLight

@SKTTR I don’t think a sequel to D.I.Y will ever happen, given it was a one-off experimental game that’s nothing like WarioWare.. just like Game and Wario.

Game Builder Garage was never going to be like D.I.Y, given they have two entirely different methods of creating games, and I’m pretty sure it’s impossible to make microgames in that engine.

As for GiT, it was never going to play like D.I.Y, given it’s a traditional entry in the series, with a slight multiplayer spin on it. Gold and Smooth Moves are more akin to GiT.

Snatcher

@SKTTR What didn't you like about it? I don't own it but from the demo to what I played it looked like fun.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

SKTTR

@Snatcher I don't like that the D.I.Y. in WarioWare D.I.Y. is just a one-off thing, and not a staple in the series. They removed what for me was the best part of any WarioWare game instead of adding to it.

But I can see why. The Switch touchscreen just isn't good enough for that kind of game, compared to the touchscreen of the DS/3DS and Wii U.

VoidofLight

@SKTTR I mean, that and because not many people really play Warioware to make microgames. They play it just to play the microgames and that's about it.

Snatcher

@SKTTR So in your opinion what could they have done to make the game better?

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

SKTTR

@VoidofLight Then I'm in the minority. But last time I played WarioWare D.I.Y. there were thousands of custom minigames to download. The real problem was that WarioWare D.I.Y. (DS) + WarioWare D.I.Y. Showcase (WiiWare) were seperate games, and I wanted them to be in one package so that everyone had access to all features.

@Snatcher I guess the Switch just isn't up to snuff for a new WarioWare D.I.Y. game because of its different hardware/touchscreen. That's why Super Mario Maker 2's level editor also controlled worse than its predecessor on Wii U. Unfortunately, in this generation there's nothing you can do to bring the WarioWare D.I.Y. formula forward, so I accept to live with it. I wish they revisit D.I.Y. though, when the hardware gets better again.

VoidofLight

@SKTTR The showcase is pretty much gone now, and the microgames were more limited than they were in the main series titles.

rallydefault

Well, I'm really liking it.

The Wario Cup for last week was really tough for me (survival). It was just crazy fast by the time I was getting around 4k points, and that was the minimum for bronze I believe.

I think it changed, so I'll have to check it out.

It seems that a lot of people who aren't liking this one preferred having touch screen games? Is that accurate? I don't know. These games are wicked fun and super silly. My wife is perplexed by it lol

rallydefault

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic