Forums

Topic: Warframe

Posts 181 to 200 of 220

Chaotic_Neutral

I haven't played in a while - since Khora Prime dropped.
Have they enabled Cross saves yet as wouldn't mind picking this up on switch but not of it means starting from scratch and losing all my primes.

Old Grumpy and stuck in my ways.

Magician

@Chaotic_Neutral No cross save yet.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Chaotic_Neutral

@Magician such a shame
On the plus side it means I won't be spending anymore money on it anytime soon 🤣🤣🤣

Old Grumpy and stuck in my ways.

Magician

So the official release date for the Duviri update is April 26th. Personally, aside from the mastery xp that will probably be tied to your space horse, I'm not all that excited for this update. I like the roguelite genre. But if I wanted that I'd go play Hades, or one of the many other games in that genre.

I love how Warframe has been going for over a decade. However, nothing lasts forever.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Edit - Next projects. Modifying my Laetum build and acquiring the newest power creep stat-stick, Ceramic Dagger incarnon.

Laetum Build (single target acolyte build)
Cascadia Flare

Steady Hands

Galvanized Diffusion
Primed Target Cracker
Primed Pistol Gambit
Hemorage
Lethal Torrent
Primed Heated Charge
Anemic Agility
Riven (electricity / toxin / multishot)

Steady Hands

Evolution II: -40 Recoil (personal preference; I hate recoil on my guns)
Evolution III: +30% Reload speed on headshot (cozy quality of life option)
Evolution IV: +50 Headshot damage
Evolution V: Overwhelming Attrition (because Acolytes have damage attenuation against Devouring Attrition)

Incarnon Ceramic Dagger Build (light attack spam / box breaker build)

Stinging Thorns

Sacrificial Steel
Sacrificial Pressure
Blood Rush
Organ Shatter
Gladiator Might
Primed Fury
Primed Reach
Riven ???

Evolution II: +1 Initial combo on primary kill, stacks to 100. (Lasts until you die or the end of the mission)
Evolution III: +20 Initial combo
Evolution III: +30% critical chance (40% total before mods)

At 100 primary kills, the 120 initial combo makes this weapon start at 7x combo multiplier. This equates to +520% critical chance (sacrificial steel + gladiator might + blood rush) or a total of 248% critical chance before you even swing your melee weapon. That'll be pretty good for players who main pseudo-exalted frames such as Ash, Baruuk, Gara, and Khora. Add in a riven and this weapon will be even more bonkers.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Been dabbling in new content. Finished the new quest, which was good. I'm surprised by how much I'm enjoying DE's take on the roguelite genre. Their point of view is quite casual. Unfortunately, Warframe's (specifically operator) melee combat feels a bit janky. Which doesn't bode well for DE's aspirations for Soulframe, Warframe's spiritual successor.

That aside, the incarnon adaptors for older weapons introduced with this update have landed better than I thought they would. Personally I'm a fan of beam weapons. And thanks to the incarnon adaptor, the torid has risen from the ashes of disuse. The torid is a very old meta weapon from a time when gas and toxic procs were more lethal. Now...in its incarnon form, the torid is arguably Warframe's best beam weapon.

It doesn't have true damage like the Kuva Nukor, but it makes up for it with roughly double the nukor's range and is able to chain up to five enemies within six meters of the initial target. Perhaps not top-tier like the Felarx or the Phenmor, but it's best-in-slot for beam weapon lovers. Unfortunately, I distinctly remember recycling a torid riven a couple or few months ago.

And it seems that torid rivens don't go for less than 400p ($20) in the trade tab these days.

Oooooof.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Much to my delight I managed to trade for a torid riven at a reasonable price (200p). Now begins the process of getting the rolls I want. Critical chance, critical damage, and fire rate. I rolled until I ran out of kuva (60 rolls) and only managed fire rate. Ugh.

Since I can't be bothered to farm kuva I'll have to rely on the 35k kuva that comes once a week from the vendor on Iron Wake and the occasional purchase from Teshin.

I look forward to getting at least crit chance and fire rate on this riven. With the torid's riven disposition being high at 4-out-of-5, there's a possibility of my torid's crit chance reaching as high as 225%. With a current crit multiplier at 6.8x, guaranteed 13.6x crit damage would be juicy. Beam weapon go brrrrrr.

Torid Build
Primary Merciless

Galvanized Chamber
Vital Sense
Critical Delay
Rime Rounds
Malignant Force
Thermite Rounds
Hunter Munitions
Riven (critical chance, critical damage, fire rate)

Edit: tangent thought

Hmm, I'm beginning to wonder what will perform better in general play? Corrosive / Cold + Primary Frostbite or Viral/Heat + Primary Merciless? I'm looking for lazy universal damage that would perform equally regardless of faction type. I assume VHPM will win, but I think the torid incarnon might be the best weapon for CCPF.

Testing in the simulacrum after work will tell the tale.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Tested Corrosive / Cold + Primary Frostbite vs Viral / Heat + Primary Merciless yesterday after work. CCPF performed well, but for general play in a majority of steel path missions VHPM is still top dps. For the best time-to-kill, running a frame with an armor strip ability is optimal. However, in the absence of armor strip yeah...VHPM wrecks best.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Yesterday was a mighty fine day. With roll # 100 of my torid riven (ugh!) I've managed to get two of the three stats I'm looking for. Heat and fire rate. Thanks to those stats I'm now able to alter the torid build from the above post. Swapping thermite rounds in favor of galvanized aptitude.

Torid Build
Primary Merciless

Galvanized Chamber
Galvanized Aptitude
Vital Sense
Critical Delay
Hunter Munitions
Rime Rounds
Malignant Force
Riven (critical chance, heat, fire rate)

Now I just need a roll that includes critical chance to push it from 147% to....whatever it'll top off at and the weapon will feel finished. It'll be interesting to see how far Digital Extremes will lower the riven disposition for all the incarnon weapons. I assume it's going to happen.

With this build status chance will be above 100%, so do not listen to any YT chucklehead telling you to go with the 15% crit chance / 15% status chance with the fourth evolution on the torid. They're fools. You take the 20% crit chance and be better for it.

Aside from that, today after work I'll be pulling the Cinta out of the foundry. Once that's maxed and shelved I'll be gear-complete once again, 709/709. Although I'm only three-quarters of the way done with drifter intrinsics. There's mastery xp to finish with that, but I'm in no rush.

I might run the duviri experience once or twice a week if I'm feeling daffy.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Torid riven roll # 123 threw me an interesting curveball, critical chance / electricity / critical damage.

So we...pivot the build yet again.

Torid Build
Primary Merciless

Galvanized Chamber
Galvanized Scope
Amalgam Serration
Vital Sense
Critical Delay
Hunter Munitions
Primed Shred
Riven (critical chance, electricity, critical damage)

Vigilante Supplies

I think I'm content with this. No need to roll the riven further.

Even if the riven disposition were lowered (which I assume it will be), galvanized scope keeps me at 205% crit chance on headshot. Not including the crit chance from the riven or the crit chance from galvanized scope stacks. Which means this tops out at 366% crit chance with max stacks, not including the 5% chance for crit level increase from vigilante supplies.

49% base crit chance + 98% (critical delay) + 58% (headshot w/galvanized scope) + 63% (riven) + 98% (galvanized scope max stacks) = 366%

Edited on by Magician

Magician

New helminth food, Kullervo, coming on Wednesday.

Magician

The Kullervo update went live yesterday. New frame, new primary weapon, four new arcanes, etc. I spent a couple hours farming his parts. Currently there's a two-week event, which is a new tab in the Duviri mission menu. After the initial fee of 5 clamps, you'll earn the usual 10 clamps for running Kullervo's Hold, which is a net positive of 5 clamps every run. So if you need clamps for incarnon genesis weapons or more intrinsics for your drifter, this event allows you to multi task all of that.

From Kullervo's Hold you'll earn 4 to 6 (seems random) Kullervo's Bane each run on normal difficulty (6 to 8 on steel path). Combined it'll cost 72 KB for both Kullervo and his weapon. So somewhere between twelve to eighteen runs to earn enough KB to afford everything. 25 to 30 minutes a run, it should take five to eight hours of effort, depending on rng.

Once the event has concluded, Kullervo's Hold will be removed. At which point players will have to wait for either the Anger, Fear, or Sorrow spiral in order to have the opportunity to fight Kullervo and earn his currency. Which sucks, because nobody likes waiting for a particular rotation on any kind content. So if you're an active WF player and you have access to Duviri, get the event done while the getting is good.

I should have Kullervo in the oven by Saturday morning.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

July 27th is the release date for Wisp Prime Access.

The next few weeks will be a good time to play other stuffs until that update goes live.

I think her prime skin doesn't look all that great, so I used a 50% coupon and sprang for her deluxe skin.

Magician

Less than a week until Wisp Prime Access arrives. I've got 375 steel essence ready to purchase the week's allotment of relic packs from Teshin. Four syndicates are maxed, ready to get those relic packs as well. Although I'm a Trinity main I look at Wisp Prime's release as the opportune time to invest heavily in her build.

Magician

Day-one of Wisp Prime Access was fruitful. Between Teshin (with steel essence) and syndicates I was able to purchase 49 relic packs. So after a couple hours on the grind I'm already halfway through the PA. Wisp is in the oven and should be out early next week, and I have two fulmin parts. I should be able to finish this up tonight.

As an aside, I'm surprised the incarnon genesis riven apocalypse didn't happen. I was sure DE was going to nerf all the new incarnon genesis weapons riven disposition down to 1 out of 5. But we got a stay of execution. Maybe we'll get an update at Tennocon?

Magician

After the weekend I'm now gear-tight once again. Probably the most interesting thing to come out of the update was the change to overguard. All frames that provide overguard, either for themselves and/or the squad, will ascend in popularity. Styanax specifically, when paired with the nourish helminth ability over his first, now sits beside Wisp as an S-tier support frame.

Every squad member in affinity ranges gets several thousand points of overguard and infinite energy.

Yet another frame power creeps my beloved Trinity.

Kicking her in the teeth and directly down the tier list.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

TennoCon is a couple weeks away (August 26th). The advertising for the event talks about a paradigm shift for the game. Ehhh, sounds like oversell hype cycling to me. Personally I'm hopeful for infested liches (heaven help trash mobs if DE give me an innate radiation torid, lol) . But I honestly have no clue what DE will be bringing other than more Soulframe footage.

Considering that I'm not a fan of Warframe's melee combat, my enthusiasm for Soulframe isn't very high.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

TennoCon 2023 was a soggy taco. It's not good when the best part of your event is confirmation of the next prime frame. WF 1999 is a nice callback to DE's previous game, Dack Sector. But beyond that I don't see the hype. To me it seems like another weekly Kahl mission.

And the new heirloom skin bundles feel like a grift because of the regal aya. I imagine most diehard WF fans would spring for these skins if they were available individually at $15 a pop. But at $70 USD for the Celestial Heirloom Collection, this bundle is for zealots only. Feels bad for Frost and Mag mains as they will be compelled.

Knowing DE, these heirloom skins will probably become available through Varzia down the road.

Two regal aya for the skin, one regal aya for the signa, so about $15 per frame.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

And here I thought I was done with my torid build. Turns out the release of Duviri also introduced a new primary arcane Primary Blight. So I felt the need to pivot the build...again. I've gone with toxic & magnetic because I prefer to run with frames that have armor strip abilities. And if you're armor stripping enemies it really doesn't matter what your preferred damage type is.

Primary Blight

Galvanized Chamber
Galvanized Scope
Galvanized Aptitude
Vital Sense
Critical Delay
Primed Cryo Rounds
Stormbringer
Riven (multishot, fire rate, damage)

Vigilante Supplies

According to the dps numbers on overframe, PB doesn't out perform Primary Deadhead or Primary Merciless. However, PB builds stack on hit, while PD and PM build stack on kill. So I feel it's worth losing roughly 15% dps from max stack of PD or PM in favor of having most of PB's dps front loaded pre-kill. Especially against boss types where PD or PM are unable to build stack.

Heaven forbid DE should ever introduce infested liches and give me a radiation torid.

I wouldn't have to rotate mods for bosses anymore, lol.

I even have enough mod capacity left for a Primed Stormbinger, should DE ever decide to give us that.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

After the backlash over the Heirloom Collection pricing DE have decided they will be sending more platinum to people who purchased one of the three bundles. This solution is akin to throwing water on a lava flow. It's a nice compromise for casual players who would welcome the additional platinum. However, veterans like myself are not appeased.

We want the exclusive skins and signas at a lower price, absent of the bloat from regal aya.

Not more near-useless currency.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1364919-psa-heirloom-collec...

Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic