Forums

Topic: Warframe

Posts 161 to 180 of 220

Magician

It's update time today. The hype is real. Last night I attempted to grind out the 40 corrupted holokeys needed for the Tenet Ferrox, but could only manage 22 after a few hours. A bit unlucky for a 36% drop every ten to fifteen minute run.

No doubt I'll be looking to acquire Voruna before anything else. Always eager to see how her helminth ability plays on other frames. Seems like a no-brainer to slot it on Valkyr and Atlas for constant energy production as they're melee centric frames. It'll raise the value of the Equilibrium mod in trade chat, but probably won't negatively impact Arcane Energize as it's still the most efficient way to get energy outside of the Zenurik focus school.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

I swear, after putting the kuva zarr back on the rack I feel like Arnold Schwarzenegger in that gun store scene in Commando. Trying different weapons to seeing what's most appealing. The vermisplicer is good fun, but the fact that the ttk flatlines against sp overshields annoys me. That, and a separate annoyance are the archons. My laetum has amazing single target dps, but against the archon's damage attenuation, that dps is meaningless.

The answer? Felarx. A weapon I had written off because AoE weapons are the meta in Warframe.

For whatever reason the archon's damage attenuation doesn't react to the felarx's multishot as they do to other weapons? Probably an oversight that'll be patched down the road, maybe. Anywho, the felarx is a full auto shotgun that adds an additional 10% rate of fire for every round reloaded and a 50% chance to do an additional 2000% damage on non-crits.

So what do we do? We mod for magazine capacity and negative crit chance of course. The 10% fire rate seems to synergize with Mirage's clones, for a combined +1000% rate of fire, lol. Helminth energize munitions on Mirage and suddenly this full auto shotgun becomes a mini gun for the duration of energize munitions.

Felarx build
Galvanized Hell
Primed Ammo Stock
Primed Tactical Pump
Primed Shotgun Ammo Mutation (swap out in favor of Burdened Magazine for Archon hunts)
Primed Chilling Grasp
Contagious Spread
Amalgam Shotgun Barrage
Riven (multishot / recoil reduction / negative crit chance)
Galvanized Acceleration

Build Theory
Everything up until eximus units level 100+ only require one squeeze of the trigger. So the idea is to not go ham on the rate of fire via mods, Shotgun Barrage will be sufficient. Viral is still the best element combo for general play, even though the felarx isn't a status weapon. Hunter munitions would be a waste here as well since we're not building for crits.

For the archon fight in archon hunts. Load into mission, empty your magazine, cast Mirage's doppelganger, reload your weapon, holster your felarx (in case you feel like attacking trash mobs along the way with your secondary), approach the archon, unholster your felarx, cast doppelganger, cast energize munitions, watch the archon's health bar melt as you empty your felarx into its face.

If done correctly you'll move on to phase two of the fight before the archon can even attempt defensive measures. Repeat the same steps for phase two of the fight. Extract. Easy.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Baruuk Prime Access begins today. I'm only mildly excited because I've never used stock Baruuk much at all, even though many people consider him to be a top ten frame. The weapons coming with Baruuk P? Inconsequential; (Cobra & Crane + Afuris) they're mastery xp fodder to be permanently shelved after leveling them.

I'm keen to see the ephemera coming with Baruuk P more than anything else.

Although it'll have to be something special for me to swap out gloriana.
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Crossplay has been a double edged sword so far. On one hand, it's easier to form squads when you're trying to get a radiant relic share party together, which is awesome. On the other hand, those players who're operating off of solid state drives are loading into the mission and often completing the objective before my PS4's mechanic drive loads me in. Oftentimes I get three-quarters progress on my load screen then get dc'd because the mission is already over.

P.S. - I got Baruuk P out of the oven yesterday. I now understand what all the hype is about. He's stealthily a tank. Provides damage reduction for the team. And has what I'd consider the best exalted weapon in his desert wind.

I haven't brought him to steel path yet, but I can't fathom him having much trouble there. The common trend is to blowout is power strength with mods for the maximum number of daggers, but I think that's wasteful. Personally I'm uncomfortable having less than 160% efficiency on most of my frames.

Baruuk Build
Energy Siphon
Primed Sure Footed

Archon Stretch
Fleeting Expertise
Reactive Storm
Blazing Pillage
Umbral Intensify
Transient Fortitude
Augur Secrets
Adaptation

Arcane Strike
Molt Augmented

2x Amber Shard (casting speed)
2x Crimson Shard (power strength)
1x Azure Shard (hp regen)

Build Theory
Helminth on Hildryn's pillage for steel path enemy armor and shield strip. Be sure to mod desert wind for electrical damage to proc archon stretch, which should provide enough energy for moderate ability use. Recast desolate hands whenever your dagger count falls below nine (this build gives you 20 with every cast). And the use of Adaptation....probably isn't necessary as you're already getting 90% damage reduction from desolate hands plus an additional 40% damage reduction while desert wind is active.

The dude is cool.

Should be considered a top choice for defense missions since desolate hands gives 50% damage reduction to the defensive target.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Well now that Baruuk P Access is essentially done, it's downtime for me here in Warframe. I log in everyday to put a forma in the oven. (Working towards having 50 or so in reserve on the off-chance DE introduce infested versions of the kuva / tenet weapons.) But it's also time to tinker with frame and weapon builds. And while the raw dps of the felarx is seductive, in the end it's a single-target weapon, and the ttk doesn't compare to the vermisplicer.

Previously I had drifted away from the vermisplicer because its dps flatlined against corpus enemies. But I think I've landed on a solution. Magnetic damage. Which goes against the grain because viral is generally the best element damage for most content in WF. If you want to play optimally, you need to use the faction mods for double-dipping on damage and proc damage. But I'm a lazy gamer.

Using the combination of magnetic and toxin on my vermisplicer gives me a lazy solve for damage to enemy health and enemy shields.

Now we transition over to Trinity, her build, and the new hotness that is Grendel's helminth ability...nourish. Easily one best abilities in the game is now available to all frames, because it adds viral damage to your attacks. This ability allows my vermisplicer to lazily apply up to six status effects on multiple enemies at the same time. Which procs galvanized aptitude for up to an additional 480% damage; even more if I prime a target with a secondary.

In addition to that, I'm also late to the combat discipline + arcane avenger party. CD damages your health whenever you kill an enemy (But since Trinity is WF's paladin; who tanks damage, heals the team, and debuffs enemies on command...it isn't a concern.) and gives party members health when they kill. Arcane Avenger has a 21% chance, when you take damage, to give your weapons a flat +45% critical chance for 12 seconds. And since your health is constantly taking damage when you kill, you get nigh-100% uptime on +45% critical chance.

When combined with my 156% critical chance vermisplicer, I get non-stop orange crits.

With a crit damage multiplier of 6.6x, that becomes 13.2x, and with two vigilante mods getting a 10% chance to become 19.8x every second while I hold the trigger on this amazing beam weapon...enemies have a hard time existing near me.

Trinity Build
Arcane Avenger
Molt Efficiency

Combat Discipline
Primed Sure Footed

Quick Thinking
Adaptation
Hunter's Adrenaline
Fleeting Expertise
Primed Flow
Primed Continuity
Abating Link (169% power strength is the requirement to 100% armor strip enemies)
Umbral Intensify

3x Crimson shards for +30% power strength
2x Amber shards for +50% casting speed

Vermisplicer Build (Vermisplicer / Brash / Killstream)
Galvanized Chamber
Galvanized Aptitude
Vigilante Armaments
Critical Delay
Vital Sense
Primed Cryo Rounds
High Voltage
Riven (cc / cd / dmg; took me 84 rolls to obtain)
Vigilante Supplies

Pax Charge (infinite ammo)
Primary Merciless (only because Primary Frostbite doesn't fit in my build)

Edited on by Magician

Magician

The tinkering continues. Yesterday I came to the realization that the Laetum, while powerful, is actually kind of a hassle. I think I'm tired of the whole charge-and-transform mechanic. I just want to look at something and that something dies.

So after the amazing results of the recent Vermisplicer build, I wondered if I could build a secondary kitgun that would serve as a primer. A primer is a weapon that is meant to apply multiple status effects quickly on an enemy in order to proc galvanized mods which give a damage boost per status effect applied to the enemy. So I built a heat / radiation / corrosive Gaze.

Umm...surprisingly, this gaze does a fairly good job at melting faces. It applies status well enough that I think it outpaces the Phantasma in ttk (time to kill) but as a secondary weapon. Maybe too well. Enemies are dying from all the status procs before I can switch back to my vermisplicer.

But should something live long enough, I can now apply nine status effects on a target (heaven help them at that point) for +720% damage. Which is stupid and glorious all at the same time.

And the fact that the report-fire for the gaze sounds like a death ray is just the cherry on top.

Gaze Build (Gaze / Gibber / Killstream)
Galvanized Diffusion
Galvanized Shot
Creeping Bullseye (I need higher critical chance on my riven before I can slot Primed Pistol Gambit)
Primed Target Cracker
Scorch
Jolt
Pistol Pestilence
Riven
Ruinous Extension (for more range) or Suppress (for silent firing)

Pax Charge (infinite ammo)
Cascadia Flare (the damage is multiplicative, so at max rank every status effect does +480% more damage)

Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Turns out that the Tenet Cycron is the power creep weapon to the Gaze. Which explains why it ranks higher than the Gaze in annual usage stats Digital Extremes have posted on their website the past couple years. Much like the Vermisplicer, the Cycron attacks multiple targets within range of the initial enemy you're attacking. So now one of my short term projects is to acquire a radiation Cycron.

In the meantime, I'm also preparing for Snu Snu Prime. Also known as Hildryn Prime. She's on-deck for being the next prime access sometime around early March. I have a lot of love for Hildryn. She's the second favorite frame in my rotation behind Trinity. Because she's who I'd consider a top-five support frame.

Why? Her second ability strips enemy shield and armor and can be modded to include heat damage, which is a good damage over time and initial stun, and cleanses the team of status effects. Her third ability adds shields to the team and extends shield gate duration by three seconds (as compensation, because more shields is viewed as a bad thing in the late game because of how shield gate functions).

Hildryn Build
Molt Efficiency
Arcane Aegis

Rejuvenation
Primed Sure Footed

Blazing Pillage
Everlasting Ward
Redirection
Adaptation
Archon Stretch
Augur Reach
Augur Secrets
Umbral Intensify

4x Crimson shard = +40% power strength
1x Crimson shard = +10% duration

Build Theory
After entering a mission cast Elemental Ward to give team members damage discharge. When combined with archon stretch, will not only give your squad mates additional protection, but also provide a bit of energy as well. Follow Elemental Ward with casting Haven, which is an old Ember World-On-Fire like radiation damage AoE, that may cause enemy confusion. Spam-cast Pillage as needed to debuff enemies. And mop up with weapons.

When you have this Hildryn in your squad enemies inside your radius are burning, melting from the inside, and if they somehow attack you or your teammates...they get bitten by elemental ward and are stunned.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Vermisplicer Build
Pax Charge
Primary Merciless

Galvanized Chamber
Galvanized Aptitude
High Voltage
Vigilante Fervor
Critical Delay
Vital Sense
Vigilante Armaments
Riven

Vigilante Supplies

Build Theory
In the absence of a frame ability that strips armor, corrosive damage is king against most (though not all) steel path-level grineer enemy units. Three vigilante set mods for the set bonus of a 15% chance to upgrade a critical hit to the next tier (i.e. - yellow crit into an orange crit, orange crit into a red crit, etc) with every damage tick. And since this weapon has a fire rate of rate of ten, you'll have ample opportunity to proc that 15%.

In addition to that, I'm having yet another look at my Trinity build. I...just can't help myself.

I want more dps.

Trinity Build
Arcane Avenger
Arcane Acceleration

Combat Discipline
Primed Sure Footed

Quick Thinking
Adaptation
Abating Link
Champion's Blessing
Primed Continuity
Fleeting Expertise
Primed Flow
Umbral Intensify

Build Theory
With the riven I have on my vermisplicer, its critical chance is 159%. When arcane avenger procs, that goes up to 204%, a guaranteed orange crit. That gives practically 100% uptime on arcane acceleration, which increases my fire rate to 17 (the vermisplicer's magazine empties in a few seconds, lol). Champion's Blessing could potentially add another 136% for a total crit chance of 340%, making the red crits...even redder crits.

Although since I'm not using a duration-heavy Trinity, reaching that +136% from Champion's Blessing would require too much effort if I wanted to keep it constantly maxed out on a 12-second duration. However, every little bit of extra crit chance helps, even if absent mindedly provided.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

The content-dry spell-tinkering continues. Today we're having a looking at the Kuva Kohm. I think it might be a little weird admitting that I enjoy this weapon simply because the muzzle flash is so bonkers. But in addition to that, it's an amazing bullet hose of a weapon, because it's great fun seeing numbers just pop off in rapid succession.

Kind of tragic that it isn't as meta as the tenet arca plasmor, cedo, or the bubonico. But I would still rate this as a top-five shotgun in the game due to its raw dps.

Kuva Kohm Build
Progenitor Element: Cold

Primary Frostbite

Galvanized Hell
Galvanized Savvy
Critical Deceleration
Primed Ravage
Shell Shock
Toxic Barrage
Amalgam Shotgun Barrage
Riven

Galvanized Acceleration

Build Theory
I'm running arcane tempo on my Trinity to prop up the Kohm's slow fire rate. This weapon's biggest drawback is its damage falloff, which is 94% at 26m. For that reason, this weapon desperately needs galvanized acceleration in the exilus slot. We need cold as the progenitor element in order to proc primary frostbite for additional critical damage and multishot. We also need two mod slots for two dual stat mods.

I run cold / corrosive because I have nourish helminthed onto my Trinity. Which gives this weapon six stats for galvanized savvy, which procs +480% damage on subsequent targets because the Kohm inflicts status effects very quickly much like a beam weapon would. And, for better or worse, there is zero room for an ammo mutation mod, even though this weapon chews through ammo and wants one badly.

Do you like being encouraged to use your secondary weapon? That's what this weapon will do.

But yeah...the weapon shreds. Level 180 grineer enemies with no armor strip? No problem.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Today I find myself ruminating about the riven possibilities for the kohm and what a groll could be. The term "groll" is a riven with three positive stats and one negative stat. The more stats you have on a riven opens up mod slots usually occupied by those stats. And the presence of negative stat bolsters the positive stats.

What stats qualify as "best" is subjective and different from weapon to weapon, build type to build type. Most commonly it's critical chance, critical damage, and damage. But I prefer stats that would allow for more flexibility. And in the case of the kohm...I think critical damage / toxic or electricity / status chance with a negative puncture damage or impact damage would be ideal.

The dream kohm build...

Galvanized Hell
Galvanized Savvy
Critical Deceleration
Primed Ravage
Amalgam Shotgun Barrage
Vigilante Armaments
Shell Shock or Toxic Barrage
Riven (critical damage / toxic or electricity / status chance w/negative impact or puncture damage)

Galvanized Acceleration

...but we're talking about hitting 7-7-7 on the slot machine here. Highly unlikely to happen.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

While I'm on a bit of a shotgun kick, lets talk about the meta. Tenet Arca Plasmor. Sure, the Felarx outpaces the TAP in dps, but the Felarx is a single target weapon. The TAP fires a 3m wide microwave of death. And since a lot of Warframe's tile sets are tight corridors, the TAP is the proverbial hallway cleaner.

Tenet Arca Plasmor Build
Progenitor Element: Magnetic

Primary Merciless

Galvanized Hell
Galvanized Aptitude
Critical Deceleration
Primed Ravage
Amalgam Shotgun Barrage
Blaze
Hunter Munitions
Riven
Galvanized Acceleration

Just meat and potatoes. With this you're firing heat / radiation / magnetic waves of annihilation. Everything, barring acolytes and liches/sisters, should die in two taps or less. And since you're using so little ammunition to kill so many enemies so often, you're free to not use an ammo mutation mod.

The only downside you'll have to contend with is the TAP's slowish reload speed.

Aside from that, this is Warframe's version of the BFG, both in style and in use.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Well, the first devstream of 2023 is tomorrow. Expectations have been lessened as Digital Extremes mention that they'll discuss progress of Duviri development. The forum post by Megan shows a beetle skin for...who I assume is Rhino. I assume the discussion will primarily revolve around more quality of life changes coming to the game (such as the return of self-damage), because that has been the trend since leadership was handed over from Steve Sinclair to Rebecca Ford.

Since the next Prime Access is over a month away, I don't believe either Hildryn Prime or Wisp Prime will come up.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1338404-coming-soon-devstre...

Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Rumors and leaks are swirling for the Durivi update. Most recently, a leak that suggests a handful of older weapons will be getting an "incarnon adaptor", giving them incarnon mode. I still have several of these weapons in my arsenal. But personally I hope DE doesn't decide to tie additional master rank points to these weapons after the suggested incarnon adaptor is installed.

Primary
Boltor
Burston
Dread
Latron
Miter
Paris
Soma
Strun
Torid

Secondary
Bronco
Despair
Dual Toxocyst
Furis
Kulstar
Kunai
Lex
Vasto
Zylok

Of all of them, the Miter and Soma are most the interesting to me. Usually a semi-auto weapon's biggest drawback is nullifier bubbles, because nully bubbles are lowered on a per-bullet basis. But the Miter goes right through nully bubbles. Also, additional text included in the leak suggests the Miter will get AoE on charge shots. And AoE is the meta in Warframe.

Soma...is just a classic weapon. It's a bullet hose and just good fun.

I'd like to see it return to the meta, like when it was the dps king six years ago.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Today should be the beginning of Star Days. WF's annual Valentine's Day event.

Sure, why not.

But while waiting for the bigger update later this month I just log in every day just to cook forma and roll my riven for the Tenet Arca Plasmor in search of a groll. In my case, that would be critical damage / electric / toxic. Which would give me heat / radiation / magnetic / corrosive / viral (via nourish) for the ultimate hybrid doesn't-matter-which-faction-you're-fighting build.

The corrosive damage vs. viral damage debate is one of the oldest conversations within the community.

But I ask, why not both?

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Citrine's Last Wish goes live today. A new frame, a couple new weapons, and a new game mode to farm them from. I'm always eager to try new support frames, but I doubt Citrine will unseat either Wisp as the game's most popular support frame or Trinity as my main. Standard weapons...rarely enter the meta at their introduction, not since the Cedo. But I do love me my shotguns, so we'll see.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1339841-citrine%E2%80%99s-l...

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Well the update has been out for almost a week. Folks are generally happy with Citrine. Seems as though she'll be pushing Trinity down the usage rate charts. Eventually seating herself as the second most used support frame behind Wisp. And folks are shelving Cascade Flare secondary arcane in favor of Secondary Encumber, because it adds status effects outside of what's modded on you weapon, which is great for condition overload mods.

But I think Primary Plated Round is going to be sneaky-good, for one weapon in particular.

Evidently the math behind PPR is square root of your weapon's magazine size times 33. So in the case of the Kuva Kohm, that's the square root of 209 (14.47) x 33 = 477% damage for ten seconds on a reload from an empty magazine. Add primed ammo stock, and that damage bonus is elevated to 691% damage. That's 330% more than primary merciless and doesn't require multiple kills to build stacks.

Could be worthwhile to test.

You just need to make sure your fire rate is high enough to empty your magazine before the duration of the arcane ends.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Update, back from testing. Uh yeah, primary plated round is preferred on a kuva kohm. Depending on how often you feather the trigger, you'll get some variance with the damage buff, between +477% to +482% base damage. But truly...it feels like an arcane made with the kuva kohm in mind. I dabbled with primed ammo stock equipped to push the magazine capacity to 439, giving a damage bonus of 720%.

However, even with a fire rate above 10, the duration of the arcane isn't long enough to compliment it.

Baseline magazine capacity feels snug, feels just right.

So, a slight alteration to the previous build I posted.

Kuva Kohm
Primary Plated Round

Galvanized Hell
Galvanized Aptitude
Critical Deceleration
Primed Ravage
Amalgam Shotgun Barrage
Frail Momentum
Blaze
Riven (Toxin / Cold / ???)

Galvanized Acceleration

Build Theory
Dropped vigilante armaments in favor of frail momentum for +175% fire rate. Although a good but not a great roll on my riven, for easy viral, allows me to slot blaze for a heat / viral / magnetic or radiation build. Add arcane tempo to one of your frame slots and have fun while your kuva kohm goes brrrrr.

+480% damage on empty reload is an acquired playstyle.

But for those who don't mind, you'll find that primary plated round will out dps primary merciless.

Magician

A devstream is scheduled for Friday. Although I find it difficult to get excited for it. 1) DE will be discussing the next Prime Access. Which has already been leaked. 2) DE will be discussing Duviri. But this content probably won't be released until the latter half of the year, probably September.

Although there's something to said about the longevity of Warframe.

Live services are dying left, right, and center...yet WF still maintains its popularity.

It makes me wonder how Sony can remain optimistic about their plans to release multiple live services over the next decade while such experiences continue to crumble all around them.

Magician

Mmm, Duviri Paradox in April. Color me surprised. Much...much earlier than I was expecting.

Magician

Hildryn Prime Access begins tomorrow. Snu Snu Prime I am...very excited for. Hildryn is top five in my rotation of frames I enjoy playing. Unfortunately, Larkspur Prime and Shade Prime are just mastery fodder. They're there to level and then put on the shelf to collect dust.

On a side note, veterans should be very close to Legendary Rank 3 after this update.

I think I'm around 20k away before we get the 12k from this update?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic