Forums

Topic: The Wonderful 101: Remastered on Switch

Posts 81 to 100 of 138

JaxonH

@AndyD
It takes a little practice but once you get it, you'll be a able to do so much more with the analog.

You'll want speed liner sometime soon, and the skill that let's you hold A to make Unite Morphs larger. You can draw shapes so fast that way, cause you only need to draw it small (and at ultra speed), then hold A to make it as big as you want.

Save green, pink and yellow peppers. 30 of each kind combined gives a credit card good for any purchase in the entire game. That's how I bought the 800,000 unite morph skill where you hold to make larger. Speed liner can just save up and buy.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Release day!

And I’m already on Operation 6... 70% through the game

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

Europe release date on Friday, only 2 days and an hour to go if it's a midnight release.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Really? That’s strange. Oh well. 72 hr countdown for you guys then (since I doubt many will stay up til midnight, plus, it’s not a first party release and was added mid-day for us, so it’ll probably be the same there).

Only #58 on the eShop charts on release day. Maybe Nintendo was right not to publish it themselves...

Quarth

@JaxonH How's the performance? Heard it isn't perfect, but is it noticeable?

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

JaxonH

@Quarth
It's fantastic. It may not be perfect but it sure feels that way. Just like the original release, no issues at all. Feels incredible to play.

Looks great, plays great. A++++

Grumblevolcano

The game is a midnight unlock for Europe, I can play it now!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Right on. Get the ball rolling through that first operation so that tomorrow you’re ready to rock it out

Quarth

@JaxonH Good to hear! The DF video made me a little worriee, but I'm glad to hear it isn't that noticeable. Was afraid it would make the game hard to play at places.

JaxonH

@Quarth
Ya it’s fine. DF took the opening cutscene which has a big drop and used that for comparison in half the Switch footage. Why. The game is pretty much 40 - 50 and when it fluctuates the rate of change is more gradual so it’s not noticeable. It’s not like sudden jerks (Gethjerks? Totally missed that play) yanking it immediately up or down. Sharp deltas are the ones I can see (Link’s Awakening, a 50% change per second). Soft deltas are usually imperceptible (W101, 10% change per second).

Wonder-Red
Well if it isn't the heir to the throne of the roaming Rhullo, leader of the space pirate band known across the universe as the Guyzoch, Prince Vorkken!

Wonder-Blue
Dude, are you reading off a teleprompter or something?

Prince Vorkken
Ah, good to see you could join us, Blunder-Red!

Wonder-Red
Wonder-Red.

Lol this game kills me 😁

Quarth

@JaxonH Thanks! Your enthusiasm about games is always reassuring. Will get the physical version day one.

link3710

@JaxonH I had a feeling that was the case since they said it was like the Wii U's frame rate outside of cutscenes. Good to have confirmation though.

...still dying for my copy to arrive.

link3710

JaxonH

@link3710
Did you get your free Steam code for ordering Switch physical? Or did you buy from a retailer?

@Quarth
It‘ll be just as fun on June 30th. That said, I’m glad I got the early copy because it gave me a fantastic game to play that will last exactly long enough until Xenoblade, Bioshock, Borderlands, XCOM, Club House and Outer Worlds.

At least, the first playthrough will, always. This game really is designed to be played multiple times (twice at a minimum). The second playthrough on Hard with all the abilities unlocked is when the real fun begins

And, once you purchase all the Unite Morphs and skills that are worth having, start saving O-rings for New Game + because there are 15 secret characters which can be purchased as 6 character packs for 1 million O-rings per pack, by entering a secret code at specific points in the game, provided it’s New Game + and you’ve beaten the game on any difficulty level.

And truthfully I’d just want the Rivals pack and the Bayonetta pack. Everything besides the Rival pack is basically a modification of existing Unite Morphs (well, there’s a few other new ones but they’re more gimmicks than legitimate options), and even the Bayonetta pack is modifications (but it’s super cool still). But the rivals pack is 100% legitimate must-have.

link3710

@JaxonH I did get my free Steam code, but I haven't been home since early March thanks to Coronavirus. So I can't actually y'know... use it yet. Still redeemed it cause I wanna see what mods/steam workshop brings to the table, but I'll likely be getting home right around the time my copy arrives. Same for XC:DE.

link3710

JaxonH

I’m on the final boss. This game still has one of the most epic final showdowns of any game I’ve played.

edit
Beat the game. For the second time.

Oh my gosh, I had completely forgotten about the final few minutes of the final boss which is one of the most hilarious moments in gaming history. It’s something that you wouldn’t understand how funny it is unless you’re in the heat of the moment. With your adrenaline pumping. And they purposely make you fail and die right away to make you try even harder so that you’re more furiously caught up in the moment when they show the most ludicrously self aware thing. I know they have you die purposely because the exact same thing happened to me in the Wii U version. And I understand now. Because they want you in a mindset to where you’re trying with all your might so that when this moment happens it hits you with full force, The point I was crying with tears rolling down my cheek which made it all the harder to beat the last bit when this was happening.

That’s expert 4D chess level of game design. They knew exactly what they were going for.

I love this game but it’s crazy how a game that ends well like that that makes you laugh so hard your ribs start to hurt, can change your perception of the game or at least elevate it from great to legendary status.

I want to talk about it so badly but I can’t spoil this moment.

Edited on by JaxonH

kkslider5552000

I don't remember exactly how the game ends, but that feeling does sound EXACTLY how I remember it. Like I remember the general feeling of the game's finale more than what actually happens (other than there being a final boss and a particularly crazy QTE).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JaxonH

@kkslider5552000
Yes, that crazy QTE is part of it 😁

NintendoByNature

Looks like my backer copy shipped. Just got an email. Between xenoblade that I'm playing thru, this, streets of rage 4 shipping end of the month, crosscode early next month and origami king, I am SET for a while..

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

Yep, I also got the email about the backer copy shipping, though I haven't seen any status updates past the label creation.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic