Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 2,210

Cyber_Akuma

I have been trying to find a good carrying case that will let me bring not just the Switch, but the dock and all of it's accessories too.

I have narrowed it down to two:

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Professional-Waterproof-Contr...

https://www.amazon.com/Zadii-Carrying-Compatible-Pokeball-Con...

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations or opinions between these two. The first one I like that it appears to be a very sturdy case, supposedly crush-resistant and waterproof. I do wish that it didn't look so much like a toy though in appearance. Also the JoyCon Grip and Pro Controller holders are not interchangeable, you can only hold one of each, not use those slots for two of the same. Also wish it had a way for me to bring my games in their cases, not take the cards out.

The second one, I like that you can hold either JoyCons or Pro Controllers in the controller slots, and it also has a holder for my Pokeball controller, looks a lot nicer too. It also just has slots for game cards instead of having the whole case, but that zipper area on the top looks like I might be able to fit a few games with their cases in there. But I am worried how sturdy it is. It claims it's a hard case, but it doesn't seem as sturdy and definitely not waterproof like the first one is.

Anyone have any opinions between these two?

Edited on by Cyber_Akuma

Cyber_Akuma

WoomyNNYes

@Cyber_Akuma Looks like amazon may be blocking those thinks. They open amazon, "cant find the page".

I've never seen a case that can hold switch, dock, 2 pro controllers, joycon grip. (or is it 3 procons? I cant remember what I take when I visit family. We always play mario kart 8 multiplayer) Anyway, I end up using a shoebox, because I dont want a crazy giant case or crazy expensive case - when a shoebox does the job quite well. ...as dumb as that may sound.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Cyber_Akuma

@WoomyNNYes
Sorry about that, seems the links had gotten malformed somehow, I just fixed them.

And I really would not want my stuff just banging against each other in a shoebox.

Cyber_Akuma

gcunit

TMNHertl wrote:

I picked up 'Inside' last night for $1.99 on sale and powered it up this afternoon to find probably a top 5 game I have ever played. I'm a casual gamer at best but holy-cow this game is a flat-out masterpiece. If you haven't played, get it now for pennies and you'll find a one of a kind experience.

I'm with you. As a one-off playthrough it was a memorable experience and undeniably worth picking up at the sale price for those that haven't already. I'm thinking of making it one of the games I play over Christmas, because it did feel like I was playing a film (in the good way, not in the PlayStation 'here are some cinematic cutscenes that will stop you playing for seemingly endless amounts of time' rubbish way.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

ophone

Digital games are convenient because you don't have to swap the carts if you want to play another game.
But I think physical games are better in the end because you can lend them to other Switch owners and sell them later if you wish to. And I like to have a games collection in my cabinet.

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

Kayvoo

@Renon
The main issue for me is the space that the games will take on the SD card. If they're large files I tend to buy physical to save space, if the game is a tiny size & on sale I buy digital.

My Heroes:
Frank Zappa
Bill Hicks
Satoru Iwata

Nintendo Network ID: Kayvoo

dmcc0

CactusMan wrote:

Sometimes physical versions are cheaper, Mario + Rabbits Kingdom Gold Edition self for €30 at local retailers and for €60 in the E-Shop.

Unless you wait a couple of weeks - it will be on sale on the eShop. It pretty much goes about 70% off once a month at this point 😃

dmcc0

ophone

I have a negative recommendation for Astérix & Obélix: XXL Romastered which I own as part of the XXL Collection.
At the start I liked the game, it was fun to solve the little riddles it offers and to beat up Romans and Normans. It even has the original voices of Asterix and Obelix from the movies (I played the French version). The function with which I could instantly switch between the romastered and the original version was a nice little bonus. The few minor bugs I've encountered weren't game breaking at all.
Until I've beaten the boss in Greece after which the prison door wouldn't open to free Impedimenta and Mrs Geriatrix taking away the ability to progress. I'm not in the mood to restart from the last save spot, who knows which other game breaking bugs this game has to offer further in if I'd happen to pass the Greek world?

I could sell the collection because I own it physically, but I don't dare to make its eventual next owner miserable.

TMNHertl

@gcunit The atmosphere in Inside was moving. As a "lite casual gamer" like myself if a game can lock me down til I finish it I am impressed.

TMNHertl

TMNHertl

@CactusMan As someone on the go a lot, I bought my switch for commutes and long flights, dual resident in US and Australia, digital is much more convenient. I do however have the hankering for a physical game for nostalgia purposes but only my absolute favorite games like BotW and Metroid.

TMNHertl

Pizzamorg

Are there any good deck builder/turn based card RPGs that aren’t some version of the rogue like/lite/whatever and are actually animated? I tried out that Shadowverse game, but the demo just appeared to be static cards, you didn’t actually get to see the monsters battle. I want something kinda like the old War of the Roses YuGiOh game on the PS2, but on Switch? If such a thing exists?

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Pizzamorg

TowaHerschel7 wrote:

@Pizzamorg Also Shadowverse would be a good game for you. It's a full-fledged TCG JRPG.

If that is the same one I tried the demo of, it is sorta what I want, but the cards had no actual animation to them, so it was just static battles. I find that really boring. Something like Monster Train or War of the Roses is what I am looking for, but not a rogue like/lite.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Anti-Matter

@Renon
If you get Overcooked All You Can Eat edition, you get two games (Overcooked 1 & 2) in one cartridge / disc with better looking environments, Assist Play option for newcomer able to play with easier options and All DLC contents already in cartridge / disc.
Also, only Switch version is 30 fps while other version (PS4, PS5, XBOX, Steam) are 60 fps.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

TMNHertl

Maybe a redundant question here but Can anyone recommend Luigi's Mansion 3?

TMNHertl

ophone

@TMNHertl Luigi's Mansion 3 has great graphics for the Switch.
I enjoyed playing through it, but it has been the first Luigi Mansion I played seriously so I can't really compare it to its predecessors.

Edited on by ophone

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic