Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,801 to 1,820 of 2,207

BruceCM

Lol, PP might last until Xmas, the way people play those games, @NintendoByNature .... You're probably set until summer next year with the others

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

MarioVillager92

@Renon I do too, lol! No problem - enjoy when you get them.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Xyphon22

I'll try posting this here as this is a better thread for it anyways.

Okay, recommendation needed. I don't have any money on my account and don't feel like adding any on, so I'm limiting myself to one game from the sale that I can afford with my gold coins. I think I've narrowed it down to three. They are Far: Lone Sails, Citizens of Space, and 7 Billion Humans. Any thoughts on which to get? (And yes, I have played Citizens of Earth and all of Tomorrow Corporation's previous games and liked them all).

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

TMNHertl

I picked up 'Inside' last night for $1.99 on sale and powered it up this afternoon to find probably a top 5 game I have ever played. I'm a casual gamer at best but holy-cow this game is a flat-out masterpiece. If you haven't played, get it now for pennies and you'll find a one of a kind experience.

TMNHertl

SKTTR

TMNHertl wrote:

I picked up 'Inside' last night for $1.99 on sale and powered it up this afternoon to find probably a top 5 game I have ever played. I'm a casual gamer at best but holy-cow this game is a flat-out masterpiece. If you haven't played, get it now for pennies and you'll find a one of a kind experience.

One of a kind experience? Well, it has a unique twist, but other than that it's a cinematic puzzle platformer like its predecessor Limbo, and other games in that vein that sparked from Another World, Flashback, Heart of Darkness, Oddworld: New'n'Tasty, etc.

One of the modern games that is easily comparable and also available on Switch is Little Nightmares (1&2).

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

jedgamesguy

@TMNHertl

SKTTR wrote:

One of a kind experience? Well, it has a unique twist, but other than that it's a cinematic puzzle platformer like its predecessor Limbo, and other games in that vein that sparked from Another World, Flashback, Heart of Darkness, Oddworld: New'n'Tasty, etc.

I'd agree with both your comments to some extent. I don't think it's a top 5 game in general but it's certainly a very good game, one that is rare in that it's made to an incredibly high standard. It was so unsettling and disturbing when I played it at first five years ago, and it got creepier and creepier until it came to a head near the end. The puzzles are quite intelligent and the storytelling is extremely subtle but effective, depending on your attentiveness.

It's also a natural successor to Limbo. Both share amazing sound design, puzzles and a unique style.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

MarioVillager92

Okay, I'm thinking of getting the XC2 Torna expansion that's on sale now. I haven't finished the base game yet (I did put 80+ hours into it), only because I've been too busy with ACNH and other stuff. Should I still get it, then finish XC2 so I can move on to it without spoilers? Thanks for your help, guys.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

TMNHertl

@SKTTR We clearly won't see eye to eye here. Cheers and have a good one!

TMNHertl

TMNHertl

Can anyone explain to me what it is you actually do in Minecraft?

TMNHertl

MarioVillager92

@BruceCM Thanks! I went ahead and got the Torna expansion on sale. It's already motivating me to finish XC2, hopefully I can do it soon.

MarioVillager92

@BruceCM It's going pretty all right. I think I have to raise trust to get to the next part of the game, though.

@CactusMan Yes it does! When I got Torna, it gave me a download code for extra stuff for the base game, which I redeemed.

marvelis

@ophone if you like metroidvanias then youll love it (tales of iron) i played it nonstop and 100% completed it and i loved every second of it it had a few difficult parts but it was overall a really really good game

Edited on by marvelis

my friend code :) 0354-8770-1231

Solaine

@YusseiWarrior3000 They are all great. I wouldn't take Piranha Plant out of these only because the others give better music.
Personally i think Joker would be my favorite, since he is probably easiest to use? It depends on your playstyle though

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic