Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,841 to 1,860 of 2,201

Solaine

Are there any good physical Indie games to gift for Christmas except Hollow Knight and Ori?

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Solaine

@TMNHertl Did you play it's predecessor LIMBO as well, might be something to enjoy
@Pizzamorg There is Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon roars which is a little turn based Card RPG. It is no deck building game though and on the smaller, but a pretty recent game with Yoko Taro(Nier) as writer. It also features a demo as far as i know, so you can just try it out and see if it fits you

Edited on by Solaine

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

ophone

@Solaine

• Guacamelee! One-Two Punch Collection
    The cart's got both games on it. They're a colourful mix of beat'em up, 2D platformer and Metroidvania.
  • Blasphemous
    A challenging Metroidvania, but only if the person supposed to receive it doesn't mind blood and pixel art.
  • Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
    A collection of four 2D platformers and one Smashlike, all in NES style.
  • Yoku's Island Express
    A Metroidvania combined with pinball. A nice little gem, but rather short to complete the main plot.
  • Streets of Rage 4 - Anniversary Edition
    Probably the best pure beat'em up I ever played.

All of those are available as normal retail versions, at least in Europe.

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

TMNHertl

@ophone Thanks for the advice. It does look stunning for a Switch game. I bought it and will play it tonight based on the good reviews I see around. Need a good game to play over the holidays.

TMNHertl

TMNHertl

@ophone Blasphemous was excellent. One of my favorites I played this year.

TMNHertl

Solaine

@ophone Thankyou very much!

aresius

invisible Inc. Nintendo edition is discounted greatly on the e-shop, could someone tell me if is worthy on switch ?

aresius

Pizzamorg

Anyone here play Mutant Football League? Looking for a football game to play on my Switch and this appears to be the only one. I liked the Blood Bowl games, so the fantasy stuff doesn’t bother me. However,I see this has some very mixed reviews, with comments at the time about poor balance or missing things or poor performance in the Switch version but that was like three years ago and I can’t seem to find much (or anything, really) to suggest if the game has been patched or features added in or things rebalanced or whatever, to make it a worthwhile purchase.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

NintendoByNature

Looking for a good action platformer or action adventure game around $10-15. I've narrowed it down to the following. Let me know if you've played any and what your thoughts are please..

Deaths door
Astalon
Eldest souls
Panzer paladin

Leaning towards Panzer or astalon honestly but I'm open for suggestions.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@CactusMan I did check that out a while ago, but I'd probably play the 1st one prior to 2. Thank you though, appreciate the feedback.

NintendoByNature

Fizza

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it here already or if this is even the right thread for this sort of thing, but I would highly recommend the Ace Attorney Trilogy on the eShop. It has some of the most well-written and lovable characters, engaging storylines and infinitely quotable lines I have ever seen. Plus, it's only €30 for 3 whole 15-20 hour games. It is simply put FANTASTIC. Not to everyone's taste I won't deny, but still bloody fantastic regardless.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

marvelis

@NintendoByNature honestly all of those games look amazing i have played eldest souls and deaths door and deaths door is by far one of the best indie games i have played this year i would get deaths door but always look at reviews

my friend code :) 0354-8770-1231

NintendoByNature

@marvelis yea, deaths door actually looked like the one I almost hit purchase on. Ultimately, I wound up with Panzer paladin. I figured I'll grab deaths door next time when it's on a deeper sale. I was in the mood for retro looking action platforming anyway.

NintendoByNature

marvelis

@NintendoByNature sweet if panzer is any good let me know it looked good to me and i thought about getting it

my friend code :) 0354-8770-1231

NintendoByNature

@marvelis got through 2 levels last night. It's good, but not great thus far. Controlling the paladin is a little clunky but im not sure if that'll get easier with upgrades as the game goes on. The boss fights are fairly challenging and check points are scarce. Enemy placement can be a little bit reminiscent of the nes days but you do have a downward thrust so hopefully you can hit it properly. Music is great, the game looks great. So it's an ok experience at the moment. I'll continue more of my playthrough tonight.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@Blackrosewaifu9000
Twilight Princess isn't on Switch.

I'd recommend 3D World, out of the games mentioned.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Blackrosewaifu9000
No particular reason aside from the fact I think it's the better game out of the ones listed.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Barbiegurl777

Bought Neko Tomo for Nintendo Switch just got to wait for it in the mail from Japan~ 🥰

I also picked up: Paw Patrol On A Roll, & Paw Patrol Mighty Pups Save Adventure Bay for the Nintendo switch. They were on sale at Wal-Mart for $17 & $19 lol~ Hard to believe I passed up Yoshi's Crafted World for Paw Patrol but I'll get that game later~ 😂😂😂🤣

Happy Gaming! (^~^)

The Beatitudes: Matthew 5:1-12

Switch Friend Code: SW-4995-4179-4294 | Nintendo Network ID: Barbiegurl777

PhhhCough

This is 97 pages long. Definitely tl;dr. Hori split pad. It's like holding an xbox controller. Feels nice. Makes dying light on the switch easier to control.

PhhhCough

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic