Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,781 to 1,797 of 1,797

damien33ad

@dmcc0 lol that is bad. And no I haven't read NLs review. I've read a few others just sometimes you find a game reviewers don't like that you end up liking. Not all the time. Find that with a lot of simple indie horror games. Wss really hoping Ark could be somewhat like that just because it reminds me so much of Turok. But ill take ur word for it and check out NL. Thanks for letting me know

damien33ad

Magician

@damien33ad

Ark on Switch was one of those legendarily bad ports at launch. N64-quality textures. If you haven't already, you should consider the Switch ports of Turok and Turok 2. They're both excellent, better than the original releases, some of Nightdive Studio's best work.

Switch Physical Collection - 794 games (as of September 17th, 2021)
Currently playing: Spiritfarer (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

TheFrenchiestFry

ARK isn't even good on other consoles. I have no idea why they were so compelled to port this to Switch if they can't even optimize it properly for PS4 and especially Xbox One

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

damien33ad

Here is a niche category but only way to find new games for it are grace of God and this Thread
Any horror exploration style games to recommend? In the vein of Layers of Fear and Rise of Insanity

damien33ad

Magician

With gold coins to burn I couldn't say "no" to the Bleed 1&2 bundle while it's marked down 85% on the Murican eShop. Two great run'n'gun shmups. Recommended.

Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Wavey84

Quake, all the way. I snagged both the Switch & PS4 Version. If you want native 4K which is noticeably better than the Switch versions 1080p(PS4 version looks crystal clear and more impressive), along with a bit of a brighter, more contrasty' picture than go for the PS4 version. But if you want the edge in Gyro Motion pointer aiming(Using a Pro Controller), HD Rumble and portability go for Switch! Ultimately the PS4 version is more pleasing to the eyes, but the Switch version is more fun to play imo.

1080p, HD Rumble, Gyro Pointer Controls(The PS4's motion controls when set to 16/16 work really well too), Widescreen, the option for portability(and whatever else I'm missing) for Quake at only $13 CAD is a steal.

Edited on by Wavey84

Wavey84

Kanbei

Just want to recommend Ys VIII to anyone to likes RPGs or action games. It has a great combat system, great memorable characters, and a good story. I am so happy to have discover this series, as Ys Origin was great too, although different.

Nintendo ID: BeeBindy
Switch Friend Code:
SW-1496-0942-9208
Discord: BeeBindy #7636

PSVR_lover

Kanbei wrote:

Just want to recommend Ys VIII to anyone to likes RPGs or action games. It has a great combat system, great memorable characters, and a good story. I am so happy to have discover this series, as Ys Origin was great too, although different.

That’s a great recommendation, I’ll have to look into buying this game.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

Kanbei

@PSVR_lover Great, let me know what you think! It has gone on sale on the eShop for $20US twice recently.

Nintendo ID: BeeBindy
Switch Friend Code:
SW-1496-0942-9208
Discord: BeeBindy #7636

captainkwakkie

I am looking for (j)rpg(like) type games for my switch, I have played games like:
XBC 2
Fe: three houses
YS 8 (Dana top tier waifu)
Valkyria chronicles

(I have played skyrim and the witcher, and would prefer something like the romance in the witcher)

I really enjoy games with A romantic subplot for the MC wich are rare sadly, but hopefully you can recommend some you know. TY in advance

captainkwakkie

Magician

@captainkwakkie

Mmm, if you're hunting for waifu how about Moero Crystal and/or Moero Chronicle?

Introduce a little..."culture"...into your rotation of rpg games.

Vortexeo

@captainkwakkie Have you tried Ys 9 or Xenoblade Chronicles DE? You might like those if you enjoyed XC2 and Ys 8. Dragon Quest 11 is one of the best JRPGs on the system imo. It has some romance options but it isn't until the end game iirc.

I'm always so close to finishing my backlog but then that one game that never goes on sale happens...

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Magician

captainkwakkie wrote:

lookin for something more like FE TH and/or XBC2

@captainkwakkie

Hmm, a Google search of "rpgs with romance options" shows that Divinity Original Sin 2 is a good one. It's one of the most critically acclaimed rpg games to have released in the past decade, although I haven't played it myself yet.
https://gamerant.com/best-rpg-romances-ranked/

Losermagnet

Technically Disco Elysium isn't out on the Switch at the time of my post, but I started it recently on the PS5 and felt compelled to spread the good word. I've spent maybe 5 hours or so playing, and it is one of the most literary games I've played. It's like an RPG and a "choose your own adventure" novel hybrid. The prose vollies between nihilistic sociopolitical commentary and degenerate juvenalia (flipping the bird being referred to as your "f*** you fingers" was my favorite so far). My only gripe would be it's very slow moving, although that could just be me as i'm notoriously slow at playing games. Highly recommended for those of you who've enjoyed the likes of Hotel Dusk and Return of the Obra Dinn - keep an eye out for it if you dont mind heavy subject matter.

Edited on by Losermagnet

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

zool

Wargroove v Tiny Metal.

Is one better than the other? 🤔

zool

ophone

I totally recommend Cuphead.
It's a hard game, I'm more than 25 hours in and still only at 74%. But what a feeling of satisfaction when I finally beat a boss. And the art style (graphics as music) are among the best I ever experienced in a game.

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.
Currently on Cuphead.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic