Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 2,201

Blooper987

@ECHIDNA specifically saying nothing anime style drastically reduces my recommendations😂 but I do suggest games like luigis mansion, arms, new super Lucky’s tale, & maybe a hat in time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

jump

@ECHIDNA I'd consider a few games you mentioned as "anime style" myself but each to their own.

The best of the first party games you haven't got imo are;
Lugi's Mansion 3, I actually prefer this to Odyssey.
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, arguebly the best 2D mascot platformer in the last 10 years.
Captain Toad, a really simple but clever idea of a platform game where you can't jump.
ARMS, a fun arena fighter with a surprising amount of depth to the combat.
Mario Kart 8, it's Mario Kart nuff said.
Super Mario Maker 2, loads of fun even if you don't want to create your own levels.

Whilst they aren't made by Niny these are good Ninty like games;
Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, a 2D platformer made by former Rare guys.
SteamWorld Dig, a really cool indie game that feels like Metroid.
Mario + Rabbids, a really fun TRPG which surprsingly works realy well when on paper it sounds dumb.
Cadence of Hyrule, a Zelda spin off that's like A Link To The Past but with a rhythm game twist.
Rayman Legends, top notch platformer.
Snake Pass, clever 3D platformer-ish game.

There's also the Crash, Spyro and Sonic games if you're after a mascot game but I've not played them to say if they are good or not.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

@KonoRobinMaskDa676 Dragon Ball Fighter Z is almost perfect but it comes down do you prefer 2d or 3d fighters?

I'd wait for a sale as both games get BIG discount in the eshop sales.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Anti-Matter

ECHIDNA wrote:

Looking for a new nintendo game.

Looking for something that isn't anime style, like Fire Emblem

I have BOTW, Odyssey, splatoon, smash, swsh, 3D world, acnh and a few others.

Thanks.

Try these games:
1. Yonder the Cloud Catcher Chronicles
2. Portal Knights
3. Moving Out
4. Overcooked All You Can Eat
5. LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

@Anti-Matter Depends what @ECHIDNA means by Nintendo game. If they mean first party then every single game you’ve listed isn’t valid. But in terms of Switch games I’d argue they’re all a bit niche.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Anti-Matter

@TheJGG
Niche things are very subjective.
You will see my interest with Beatmania IIDX, DDR, Pop'n Music, DrumMania, Para Para Paradise, Keyboardmania, K-1, etc as niche games but for me they are very rare and huge diamonds.
I don't know if ECHIDNA will have some interest with my suggestions, we will see her reaction.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@ECHIDNA All the ones suggested by @jump are good picks! To add to jump's post, I've played Sonic Mania and it's really good, I highly recommend it. I've played Crash N-Sane Trilogy and Spyro Reignited Trilogy and those are also great, though I've played those two on PC. I recall seeing that they play well on the Switch.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Iqaluit

Thanks for everyone’s replies!

Iqaluit

jump

@Anti-Matter Niche is less subjective than you think it means. It’s just means it’s for a smaller audience.

Nicolai wrote:

Magician

Is there a better "idle" or "clicker" game than Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms?

WanderjahR and Epic Clicker Journey are kind of meh in comparison.

Vostok Inc is partially an idle game, but it actually has a bit of gameplay.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

captainkwakkie

I havent been playing on my switch for A while and I am in the mood for A jrpg/tactical/action game with A romantic subplot.

I have played games like: fe three houses, zelda botw, xbc2, Valkyria chronicle (wich I did not enjoy as much). I have played games like the witcher and elder scrolls but for my switch I prefer games from japan.

hopefully you have some recomendations ty

captainkwakkie

jump

@captainkwakkie So you're basically after a game for a waifu then?

Nicolai wrote:

ophone

Which realistic race game would you recommend for the Switch?
WRC 9 has rather controversial reviews on the net.

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

jump

@ophone Not realistic in the sense it's trying to be a simulator but Burnout is great.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Magician

@ophone

Grid Autosport is perhaps the best sim-racing game on Switch, but even it leans a bit towards arcade racing in its gameplay.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Jackpaza0508

If you haven't played them yet, I highly recommend the Puyo Puyo Tetris duology!

He/Him

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic