Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,601 to 1,620 of 2,207

NintendoByNature

@Magician @BruceCM never heard of Star Ocean honestly. Checked it out, noticed is SE, it's an arpg, and looks to be a remastered version of snes game? You guys sold me. I clicked purchase.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Do let us know how you get on with it, @NintendoByNature.... Tag me if you want any help with it

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

BruceCM

Which will probably keep you going for quite awhile, @NintendoByNature.... Just let us know whenever you get around to it, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM absolutely! I'm assuming there's no thread for it, but I'll definitely find you in one of these forums and reach out should any issues arise.

NintendoByNature

zool

Hyrule Warriors age of calamity or Trials of Mana.
Anyone played both, what one would recommend? 👍

zool

NintendoByNature

@zool I absolutely LOVE trials of mana. But im also a huge zelda fan, and it's my favorite series of all time. I'm probably biased, but I'd go with age of Calamity unless you want something more jrpg-ish.

NintendoByNature

zool

I was leaning towards Hyrule Warriors of as well, but I bought Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition a couple of years and but never finished it. I am not sure if Calamity will be similar, but the game play does look different enough.

zool

Diddy64

@zool Perhaps telling you more may help you decide. In Age of Calamity can level up every weapon and extra effects can be stacked every 5 levels (with the exception of level 5, since the weapons start with level 1). You can fuse weapons to make things a bit more manageable but I in my opinion, it still feels too grindy sometimes.

The battle mechanics are a bit more manual this time, while at the same time adding new features like the element spells of BotW which paralyzes the enemies and make the Smash Gauge drop when you attack them while in the element effect.

Another thing is that there aren't as many areas as with Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition. Oh and I recommend focusing on different characters instead of just Link. The difficulty spikes a bit in the postgame. I like the game but for me, it strangely feels short yet grindy at the same time. I do like the story, although that is something that not all agree, since it is very different from BotW.

Edited on by Diddy64

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

rockodoodle

Does Untitled Goose Game ever go on sale? Or should I just take the plunge?

rockodoodle

BenAV

@rockodoodle It was on sale at launch and then again late last year.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

pilot

Hey everyone, I have a friend who is considering buying a switch. He likes mostly multiplayer online stuff, like rocket league, fortnite, and apex legends, and also singleplayer games like minecraft and subnautica. I told him that if I were him, I wouldn't get a switch because most of the games he likes can be played on his gaming pc at much better fps and resolution etc. I just wanted to ask people here, what do you think about this situation? Would you tell him to get a switch? If so, what games on switch do you think are similar to the games he likes? Thanks!

Boutta go on a pokemon mania

jump

@pilot Well you're asking if they should get a Switch on a Ninty forum so you can guess what the replies will be.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

zool

@pilot wait for the new Switch, this year.

zool

WoomyNNYes

@pilot Since your friend like's online shooters, they might like Splatoon 2. It's got very good online and single player. My friend nagged me to try Splatoon 2, and then it became one of my favorite games, second most played game on my Switch. My other friend has 1000 hours in both Fortnite and Splatoon 2.

Other epic Switch Games:
Zelda Breath of the Wild
Mario Odyssey
Mario Kart 8

But yeah, I guess getting-a-Switch depends on how much they want the Nintendo exclusive games.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Diddy64

@ToadBrigade I think Megaman Legacy Collection 1 would be a better value as you can play 6 Megaman games. As for which a to start for newbie, I recommend either Megaman 2 or Megaman 6 (Megaman 3 can be easy if you attack the enemies with their weaknesses, because in this entry megaman's buster doesn't do much damage to all the robots masters except one. If you choose that, I suggest defeating Top Man first as he's weak against megaman).

Megaman 2 would be more ideal as it is simpler in some ways but the last boss can be difficult but it is possible to defeat him. Megaman 6 is also easy and have the charge buster (Megaman 1-3 doesn't have it) which gives you more opportunity to choose which boss to defeat first. All in all just don't start with Megaman 1 or 5, as they are the most difficult. In 1 you lose damage a lot when hit by the bosses and 5 has a last boss which is unfair due to the way you have to fight him.

I don't know anything about Dead Cells. Perhaps someone else here has play it.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

WoomyNNYes

Super Monkey Ball (Switch) or Super Monkey Ball 3D (3DS) ?

Anyone think one is better? I've never played Monkey Ball, and I've been wanting to buy one.

If multiplayer is great for 3ds, that would be notable, since I and my nieces have 3DS's.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Iqaluit

Looking for a new nintendo game.

Looking for something that isn't anime style, like Fire Emblem

I have BOTW, Odyssey, splatoon, smash, swsh, 3D world, acnh and a few others.

Thanks.

Iqaluit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic