Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,581 to 1,600 of 2,207

1ofUs

Ok, so this month I have enough money for a single game. The two biggest I have in mind are SM3DW+BF or maybe Marvel Ultamite Alliance 3. Which should I get?

If you spoil a game i will find you.
It's not quite a me, Mario!

Twitter:

DavidH

Question, are there any games like Puddle the liquid moving game which would surely be ideal for Switch motion controls

Or the classic game Qix, I have searched for both on the Switch eShop, but couldn't find anything similar to either.

Thanks.

DavidH

Nintendo Network ID: DHolliss

Magician

@1ofUs

Hard to say, different genres, different experiences.

The question is, are you a bigger Marvel fan or a bigger Mario fan?

You can't lose either way.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

CoffeeWithGames

If anybody is looking for an eShop game that's on the lower priced side and of a retro inspired nature that is absolute insanity in the best ways possible, I would highly recommend Speed Limit. It released about 2 weeks ago across multiple systems, and I think the PC (Steam) and maybe Xbox and PlayStation versions even have a demo available, but the Switch doesn't at the moment.

Anybody that enjoyed the older NES/SNES/arcade games that sometimes seemed unforgiving, but actually weren't and were near perfect in design when you learned the levels and gameplay, this might be what you've been looking for, and didn't even know it.
After completing this one on Normal, I said it was R.U.F.F! Retro.Unforgiving.Fantastic.Fun! (The first playthrough, you might change the Fantastic, to Frustrating, but I highly recommend sticking with it.) It has gameplay that makes you say, "Okay, I have it THIS time!" Then you go and die in the same exact place, same exact way, and it was only your fault.

I picked it up day one when it released on the Switch, and have been having a blast with it. I've never been big into speedrunning games, but I've already replayed through this one multiple times, just attempting to better my own times and just enjoying the level designs and gameplay. You don't have to speedrun it, but after you complete it and go back to it, you can tell it was absolutely designed for speedrunning, as the game tracks stats on each level, from deaths, to kills, to the amount of time spent playing the level.

It has overall speedrun times saved on each difficulty setting, once you go that route, and the game even shows you your best possible time, though it might not be your best time in one run.

If you're looking for a game that takes several hours to get into and play/complete, this probably isn't it, but it is a game I have already put a lot of hours into just replaying it and having fun with it.

My site, CoffeeWithGames.com!

Nintendo Network ID: Coffees | Twitter:

Marcalous

Hasbro game night is amazing, £19 odf amazon for a physical copy, bought it for monopoly but im loving risk at the moment

Genuine brilliant buy

Marcalous

Magician

Looking forward to giving Apex Legends a try today.

I've never played a battle royale before (never played Fortnite, never play PUBG).

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

jump

I've seen Forgotton Anne is on sale. It looks effing gorgeous, has anyone played and can recommend it?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

BruceCM

Yeah, @jump .... It's got a good story & it's all very nicely drawn

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

jump

@BruceCM Thanks but how does it play though? Is there more to it than just being a pretty story driven game or is there meat to the platforming and puzzles bits?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

BruceCM

I thought so but then I'm not really an expert in platforming, @jump .... Thought it was pretty well received overall, though

SW-4357-9287-0699

WoomyNNYes

@jump I got the demo after seeing beatemups and nintendolife say good things about Forgotton Anne. And I bought the game after playing the demo for about 15 minutes. It's very cool. Isn't there a demo? Anyway, it was a great game. It's not a hardcore platformer, but the anime art style, story, puzzles, and platforming make for a very entertaining game/story. I really hope Square Enix makes a successor to this game. So, I think this game is an easy recommendation. I loved it.

There was a tricky spot of platforming near the end, but I youtubed it, and got through it.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jump

@WoomyNNYes @BruceCM cheers! I've ended up buying it as for the price it seems like a punt worth taking.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Jrpglover

Hey guys I'm currently working through my backlog of games but I'm looking to buy 5-10 more JRPGs once I've finished my backlog can anyone recommend any?

I have/ played

Octopath travelers
Xenoblade 1+2
Final fantasy X
I am setsuna
Oninaki
YS origin
YS VIII
Dragon quest XI
Bravely default II

I've played/ completed most of these the only one I haven't actually played yet is dragon quest but I've enjoyed all of them so far from what I've played/ completed.so if anyone can make some recommendation based on what I've listed that would be great thanks.

Jrpglover

jump

@Jrpglover
The South Park games are old skool JRPG and if you like the show it's a must. These are really cheap in the sales too.
Ni no Kuni is fantastic but a little short
Fire Emblem: Three Houses is a biggie you're missing unless you're discounting it because it's a SRPG
Tales of Vesperia is a classic
Tokyo Mirage Sessions if you can stomach the pop idol stuff it's a good game
The Disgaea games are wondefully bonkers SRPGs, 5 is the best one on the Switch and 6 is coming out soon.
There's also the Atelier games but I've not played them myself.

Nicolai wrote:

Jrpglover

jump wrote:

@Jrpglover
The South Park games are old skool JRPG and if you like the show it's a must. These are really cheap in the sales too.
Ni no Kuni is fantastic but a little short
Fire Emblem: Three Houses is a biggie you're missing unless you're discounting it because it's a SRPG
Tales of Vesperia is a classic
Tokyo Mirage Sessions if you can stomach the pop idol stuff it's a good game
The Disgaea games are wondefully bonkers SRPGs, 5 is the best one on the Switch and 6 is coming out soon.
There's also the Atelier games but I've not played them myself.

yea I loved fire emblem 3 houses!! I forgot to put it on my list but I'll take a look at the others:)

Jrpglover

Magician

Streets of Rogue is on deep discount on the Murican eShop.

Star Ocean First Departure as well.

Must...resist...clicking...purchase...button.

BruceCM

Don't resist getting Star Ocean 1st Departure R, @Magician .... That's a good game! & buying it might help remind them they're supposed to be bringing Second Evolution R, too

SW-4357-9287-0699

Magician

@BruceCM

It is...it is, no question.

But S-E has been on a streak of releasing their games physically in Southeast Asia.

I don't want to burn gold coins only to rebuy it again later.

BruceCM

Oh, OK, @Magician .... Maybe when 2nd Evolution R comes, they'll do a physical with both on? Not sure what size the game is on eshop but I'd imagine both should easily fit on one cart

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic