Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,561 to 1,580 of 2,206

Screen

@BruceCM

Maybe I'll just wait then.

BDSP has online matchmaking!

judaspete

@toiletduck Saints Row 4 is great. Best "Matrix" game ever. It's hilarious too.

judaspete

My Nintendo: judaspete | Nintendo Network ID: judaspete

Magonigal

@MrFox
Golf Story is brilliant and there's a follow-up they're working on called Sport Story but haven't heard anything for a while. If you like Crypt of the Necrodancer there's also Cadence of Hyrule, which is the same gameplay with better graphics and Legend of Zelda themed

Magonigal

dionysos283

Hi,
I'm looking for a game that is like a classic 3D Zelda adventure, like Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess. Are there any similar games on the Switch? Thanks!

dionysos283

jump

@dionysos283 Okami comes to mind if you're fan of TP's Wolf Link.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

dionysos283

@jump
I already bought Okami HD, but never got into it. I don't like the combat system and the companion character is extremely annoying. 😕

dionysos283

jump

@dionysos283 It's not a Zelda game without an annoying companion ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

citizenerased

@dionysos283 Darksiders 2 and Sphinx And The Cursed Mummy. And I've heard mixed things about Oceanhorn: Knights of the Lost Realm.

Edited on by citizenerased

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

dionysos283

I really love Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle.
Are there other similar games on the Switch? Thanks!

dionysos283

NintendoByNature

@dionysos283 depends if you like silly humor, but South Park fractured but whole plays alot like it. It's a tactical or strategy rpg. Stick of truth which is the first one, is more of a straight forward rpg.

NintendoByNature

jump

@dionysos283 X-Com and Valkyria Chronicles are similar, great games and are nornally discounted hugely during the sales.

Nicolai wrote:

jedgamesguy

Limbo. It's hauntingly beautiful. The graphics are pretty simple, with black and white, with a touch of film grain. The gameplay's difficult and a bit terrifying honestly.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jedgamesguy

Every time I go to my local videogame shop I end up considering buying a Switch game, I don't. So which would you recommend; Pikmin 3 Deluxe, or Astral Chain? I haven't played the original Pikmin 3, mind.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

dionysos283

TheJGG wrote:

Limbo. It's hauntingly beautiful. The graphics are pretty simple, with black and white, with a touch of film grain. The gameplay's difficult and a bit terrifying honestly.

The game INSIDE from the same studio is also a fantastic game!

dionysos283

jump

@TheJGG Pikmin 3 has a demo, try it to see if you like it.

Nicolai wrote:

BenAV

@TheJGG I know I'm in the minority but I was a little disappointed by Pikmin 3 on the WIi U as I felt it didn't really add anything of value to the previous games and I felt it ended pretty abruptly. If you've played either of the first two games you more or less know what to expect and if you haven't then you might enjoy it more than I did as the core Pikmin gameplay is still really fun.

Astral Chain on the other hand I really enjoyed despite not usually being a huge fan of Platinum's action games. The gameplay was fun and it all came together pretty well with the setting, art style, etc. I would have liked to see them do more with the story which was mostly just a bit predictable but other than that it was really good.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

jedgamesguy

@jump @BenAV Thanks to you both! It's a new month now, and with it some new games. Persona 5 Strikers is already at the top of my hit list but I've been looking at those two for a while. I made some dubious choices, like with 3D World, but Deluxe versions of games I've never played, are instant recs for me.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic