Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 2,207

ThanosReXXX

@WoomyNNYes Haha, well, we aim to please...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Wargoose

I've picked up Lethal League Blaze(50% off). Great little game, a bit like squash crossed with Smash Bros. The developers are working on a spiritual successor to Jet set radio, which I'm looking forward to.

I also picked up Horace, I almost feel bad, I picked it up for Ā£1. It's great, worth a whole lot more

Wargoose

PSVR_lover

ThanosReXXX wrote:

So folks, hold on to your hats, because I've been leafing through the "under $4/ā‚¬4" section in the eShop, and found that there's a hell of a lot available, also the more known games, and even some from the article that NLife posted earlier about hidden gems. Either way, I decided to put together a list, so here we go:

There should be something in there for everyone, but better get them while they're hot, because the discounts only last for a couple of days.

If you like sim, arcade or sci-fi race games, and you still don't own any or some of these titles, then there's no reason anymore to not grab them now:

• Gear Club Unlimited
  • Xenon Racer
  • Overlanders
  • Moto Racer 4

Are you more into platformers and/or Metroidvanias, then take a look at these:

• Horace
  • Toki
  • Max - The Curse of Brotherhood
  • Flashback
  • Shift Happens
  • Super Chariot
  • The Way: Remastered
  • The Bridge
  • Fox n Forests

RPG's and/or RPG adventures more your thing?

• Jotun
  • Bastion
  • Cat Quest
  • Transistor
  • Dragon Quest
  • The Shrouded Isle

Puzzlers?

• Warp Shift
  • Death Squared
  • When Ski Lifts Go Wrong
  • Hue
  • Mekorama
  • Forma.8

Sports?

• Urban Trial Playground
  • Golazo!
  • The Golf

Adventures or point & click games?

• Syberia 1 & 2 bundel
  • The Room
  • Deponia 1, 2 & 3
  • Machinarium
  • State of Mind
  • Agent A
  • Storm Boy: The Game
  • Slender: The Arrival
  • Beat Cop
  • The Flame in the Flood: Complete Edition
  • MIND: Path to Thalamus
  • The Long Reach

Shooters?

• Vasara Collection
  • Manticore: Galaxy on Fire

Fighters?

• 99 Vidas
  • Wulverblade

Strategy games?

• X-Morph: Defense Complete Edition
  • Sheltered

Other recommendations under $4/ā‚¬4:

• Crypt of the NecroDancer
  • Cluster Truck
  • Felix the Reaper
  • Neon Drive

Well, that's about it. Mind you: they're definitely not all triple A titles, but for less than 4 bucks they're more than their money's worth in entertainment value, so if you're still looking for something to scratch that gaming itch, you could definitely do worse than grab any of these for their current prices.

Thanks for this post! Lots of great games to get from this list. Iā€™ve played a few that were simply the best period. Most of your point and click choices I played on the PSVITA and I simply loved them, many like Syberia are GOTY winners.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

FX102A

What would people recommend, Final Fantasy IX on the Switch over the PSN release on Vita. Been mulling over for a little while and whilst not a fan of the ā€œHD visualsā€ or Smartphone designed menus, the load-times on the PSN version are proving a challenge. Iā€™m also playing the PAL PSN version which slightly doesnā€™t help.

Should I jump early or stick with it?

FX102A

Oswinner

ToadBrigade wrote:

@WaveWitch Well, I guess itā€™s your loss then . It was a great game for me, but I understand that itā€™s not for everyone. I really fell in love with it at the City of Tears, so if anything I would at least recommend getting that far.

Ditto. The game was ok but then I got to the City of Tears and then oh my god, superb game. Beating Soul Master and going on from there, the game gets really really good.

Oswinner

Donald_M

Just recently picked up Dadish after seeing it was on sale. It's a double dip for me since I previously bought the game on Android. Yea, it's a mobile port, but for me it's one of the more enjoyable indie platformers out there and plays better on Switch than with the touchscreen controls on a tablet where I previously played it. It's down to the adorable theme and tight controls, really. I've played other indie platformers on Switch and often the controls feel a little off, just enough to make playing the game a bit of a chore. Dadish is a bit on the easy side and a lot on the short side, with small levels that typically take only a couple minutes to beat. This is alleviated somewhat with the addition of ten new levels exclusive to the Switch version, but only slightly. The sale seems to be over now and most of you likely wouldn't consider it worth $10 for a game you can beat in a few hours, but whenever it goes on sale again you might want to consider it.

Also, the sequel Dadish 2 is out tomorrow, which I'm looking forward to. Only on mobile for now, it'll probably be a while before we see it on Switch but I could see myself evetually double-dipping on this one as well, which looks just as fun and adorable as the original.

Donald_M

Henmii

Finding Teddy 2: A lovely metroidvania. It has a pretty simple but awesome look. Nice music too. It has a very magical atmosphere and I like the musicom feature (musical runes, basically this games Zelda-esque music system). Today I attempted the endboss, killed it on my first try (I was totally powered up). I sadly couldn't watch the ending because of a glitch, so I searched it up on youtube.

Henmii

lemonjellydude

Can anyone recommend any games similar to Party Hard ? And Serial cleaner ? Iā€™ve played both and really like the stealthy / strategy type gameplay ( and doesnā€™t take itself seriously) Iā€™m gonna get party hard 2 next time I see it on sale but wondered if thereā€™s similar games to these ?

lemonjellydude

Henmii

Today I give the opposite of a recommendation: Lair of the clockwork god!

Not only are the controls awful (opening the point and click menu by holding up, selecting something with right analogue stick and then pressing b? What where they thinking?!), but the game constantly soft locks. And by that I mean you can't go left or right. Sometimes you can still jump. In the first proper level there's a part where you have to run while giving your mate piggyback. Well, you guessed it: You can't move! Tried the part over and over again and even restarted the level at some point: YOU CAN'T MOVE! Oh, and the game constantly gets dark during conversations. Yup, the game is broken.

Henmii

urrutiap

just found out about Conarium from browsing the Switch eshop late last night. That and Last Remnant.

There any other game like Conarium?

urrutiap

PSVR_lover

@FX102A

Get the Switch version. The VITA is kinda a dated platform now, better off supporting new hardware.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

Magician

Grabbing a copy of Full Metal Furies while it's on deep discount and I have gold coins to burn.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

toiletduck

Saint Row IV is only 18 euros right now. Although I've never played any games in the series, I'm tempted to buy it at that price. Any thoughts?

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

urrutiap

i played Saints Row 3 and 4 for my Playstation 3 a couple of years ago. They were fun games to play. Saints Row 4 isnt that bad since its more of a sci fi action this time around. I got up to the tail end of Saints Row 4 for my Playstation 3 but never beat the main bad guy alien.

Just last week i bought Saints Row 3 off of the eshop and been having fun all over again.

Been thinking about getting Saints Row 4 off of the eshop pretty soon before the sale ends in the next day or so

urrutiap

Screen

QQ: Does Trails of Cold Steel 3 have permadeath, it's on sale and I've been looking at it for awhile but couldn't find any information on it.

BDSP has online matchmaking!

BruceCM

No, it can't have perm-death, @Screen.... Since all the characters are involved in the story all the way through

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Screen

@BruceCM

Yeah I haven't tried the series before I just heard good things about it. Thank you!

BDSP has online matchmaking!

BruceCM

Also, you may know there's a 4th part, @Screen.... Which I'm waiting for on Steam but it definitely has the characters all returning in that one

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic