Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,521 to 1,540 of 2,207

toiletduck

@NintendoByNature I have trouble with Mega Man X on easy mode. Does that tell anything? I do remember finishing one of the NES era ducktales games back in the days though...

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Dogorilla

@Solaine You're welcome!

@toiletduck They're fairly difficult games and can be a little bit frustrating, but I think they're more forgiving than the majority of S/NES platformers. You get infinite lives, for one thing, and there are items you can use to help you (you have to unlock the items with gold or by completing bonus levels, but those are not too difficult).

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Eel

@toiletduck I have the skill level of a very smart potato, when it comes to platformers, but I was fully capable of beating the Shovel Knight games.

They all give you options to make the game easier or harder, and if you have the Shovel Knight amiibo, you can get some seriously overpowered abilities. At least for his campaign. It's quite fun.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NintendoByNature

@toiletduck i have tons of trouble with Megaman games so no worries. To this day I still haven't beaten Megaman and its been nearly 30 years of trying for me!

Honestly I think you'll be fine. It's not a cake walk but the checkpoints are plentiful.

NintendoByNature

toiletduck

I see Oceanhorn has a big discount (65%). How is it?

toiletduck

NintendoByNature

@toiletduck its decent enough for 5. Its a zelda clone but don't expect it to push the boundaries like some better zelda clones did( ittle dew and blossom tales). Honestly if you haven't played blossom tales yet and you want a zelda esque game, between the two, go with blossom tales. Its far better and its the same price right now I believe.

NintendoByNature

toiletduck

@NintendoByNature hehe I've played quite a big part of Blossom Tales already. Couldn't bother to finish it though, got bored at around 2/3 of the game. So with that in mind I may as well pass on this. Thanks!

toiletduck

Anti-Matter

I wonder if we will get color option for Taxi Chaos.
Different country have different color of Taxi.
Here in Indonesia there is Light Blue taxi and Orange color taxi.

Anti-Matter

rallydefault

@WaveWitch
That's true for the majority of Crafted World, but I get the feeling you haven't tried the secret levels after you beat the game.

rallydefault

NintendoByNature

@WaveWitch I've only played pirates curse and loved it. But the person to probably ask is @Ralizah. It's one of their favorite series and I'm sure you'll be steered in the right direction.

NintendoByNature

Blooper987

@WaveWitch I personally prefer half genie hero, but most others will say pirate’s curse.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

BenAV

@WaveWitch I enjoyed Pirate's Curse more of the two, although I played it back on the 3DS where it looks nicest visually. Half-Genie Hero is fun too though so can't go wrong with either.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Canhas

I'm in between Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battles or Starlink: Battle for Atlas.
The two are with a massive discount... some feedback pls!

Canhas

WoomyNNYes

@Canhas Mario+Rabbids was more consistently praised. I don't even like turn based combat and I LOVED Mario+Rabbids - This one is an easy recommendation.

I got Starlink, but it didn't win me over, only played it for about 2-3 hours. To be fair, I've never gotten into air combat games. Other people will have differing opinions on Starlink. So, take my Starlink opinion with a grain of salt. But reivew-wise, it is accurate to say Mario+Rabbids got higher reviews across the board.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Ralizah

@Canhas Mario + Rabbids is a must-own if you like tactical experiences. It's like XCOM with more dynamic movement, elaborate overworld exploration/puzzles, and more creative level design. And it's also one of the best-looking games on the system.

Starlink is... interesting? It's alright. I'm still not sure what I think of it, to be honest.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

ThanosReXXX

So folks, hold on to your hats, because I've been leafing through the "under $4/€4" section in the eShop, and found that there's a hell of a lot available, also the more known games, and even some from the article that NLife posted earlier about hidden gems. Either way, I decided to put together a list, so here we go:

There should be something in there for everyone, but better get them while they're hot, because the discounts only last for a couple of days.

If you like sim, arcade or sci-fi race games, and you still don't own any or some of these titles, then there's no reason anymore to not grab them now:

• Gear Club Unlimited
  • Xenon Racer
  • Overlanders
  • Moto Racer 4

Are you more into platformers and/or Metroidvanias, then take a look at these:

• Horace
  • Toki
  • Max - The Curse of Brotherhood
  • Flashback
  • Shift Happens
  • Super Chariot
  • The Way: Remastered
  • The Bridge
  • Fox n Forests

RPG's and/or RPG adventures more your thing?

• Jotun
  • Bastion
  • Cat Quest
  • Transistor
  • Dragon Quest
  • The Shrouded Isle

Puzzlers?

• Warp Shift
  • Death Squared
  • When Ski Lifts Go Wrong
  • Hue
  • Mekorama
  • Forma.8

Sports?

• Urban Trial Playground
  • Golazo!
  • The Golf

Adventures or point & click games?

• Syberia 1 & 2 bundel
  • The Room
  • Deponia 1, 2 & 3
  • Machinarium
  • State of Mind
  • Agent A
  • Storm Boy: The Game
  • Slender: The Arrival
  • Beat Cop
  • The Flame in the Flood: Complete Edition
  • MIND: Path to Thalamus
  • The Long Reach

Shooters?

• Vasara Collection
  • Manticore: Galaxy on Fire

Fighters?

• 99 Vidas
  • Wulverblade

Strategy games?

• X-Morph: Defense Complete Edition
  • Sheltered

Other recommendations under $4/€4:

• Crypt of the NecroDancer
  • Cluster Truck
  • Felix the Reaper
  • Neon Drive

Well, that's about it. Mind you: they're definitely not all triple A titles, but for less than 4 bucks they're more than their money's worth in entertainment value, so if you're still looking for something to scratch that gaming itch, you could definitely do worse than grab any of these for their current prices.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic