Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,501 to 1,520 of 2,200

jdrocks89

I got Fast RMX and Shovel Knight Showdown.

jdrocks89

Anti-Matter

@Magician
You played Valthirian Arc ? šŸ˜€
The indie game that made by Indonesian peoples ? šŸ‡®šŸ‡©

(Yes, Valthirian Arc made by Agate studio, located in Bandung, West Java, Indonesia)
I have the PS4 version, bought from online shop with very cheap price.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Magician

@Anti-Matter

I don't pay any particular attention to where a game is made.

If the game's quality then I'll give it a whirl.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Anti-Matter

@Magician
For your information, there are at least 2 or 3 games on both PS4 and Switch made by Indonesian peoples. šŸ‡®šŸ‡©šŸ˜€
Valthirian Arc, Ghost Parade, this i don't really remember the title.

It's very rare to see indie games from my country can Go International and distributed on PlayStation and Nintendo machines.

Btw, i'm from Indonesia.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Losermagnet

I've been playing a lot of Darkest Dungeon and Hollow Knight lately and I've realized that I really enjoy games that feature elements of horror, but aren't strictly horror games. Does anybody have any recommendations for games like that? I'm not even concerned about the genre of game.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

simon121simon

Hi people new to the forum and new to everything switch,after spending some time looking at the switch and what it delivers I can honestly say I'm quite impressed and kind of get the impression Nintendo have delivered the kind of portable gaming that Sony could only dream about,I was quite shocked at how many games that have come from console or pc have been ported onto this machine and makes me really wish to get one.

But I'm kind of worried about what is attracting me to the switch as it appears I'm less bothered about native games delivered specifically for the switch but more into the games that have been ported and remastered that have came from other consoles or pc gaming and I'm worried am I being attracted to the switch for all the wrong reasons.

I have made the switch from console gaming to pc gaming and as a consequence I can't find it it me to go back to console gaming,but as so many of my loved games are already on the switch and the fact it offers that portable gaming experience both consoles like Xbox and playstation can't really provide me or pc,I'm really drawn to purchase a switch just for the ports it already has available .

So as I have explained why the switch is attracting me would it be a good choice for me to purchase one and do you guys think Nintendo will be able to still attract more gaming developers from the major consoles and pc to share their creations on this platform.

Thx to anyone who takes the time to read this thread,it's the first one I have put on her.

Take care all

simon121simon

toiletduck

@simon121simon This sounds like a question that only Nintendo's chief of the PR department, @JaxonH, can answer

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

JaxonH

toiletduck wrote:

@simon121simon This sounds like a question that only Nintendo's chief of the PR department, @JaxonH, can answer

I got this one šŸ˜

I get it. PC is where itā€™s at. A lot of us have switched to PC. The reason Switch still stands out is three fold. For one, the exclusives. Most of my favorite games are Nintendo exclusive. For two, portable hybrid play of multiplats. I love games like Sniper Elite 4. But playing them on handheld and tv, switching at will, is immensely appealing. For three, thereā€™s gyro aiming which actually makes handheld play viable for shooters and any other game with aiming.

I think weā€™re seeing a revival of interest in Nintendo from devs because people love the Switch system so much. And thatā€™s only going to increase as the install base races toward and surpasses 100 million. So in short, yes, I do think theyā€™ll continue to attract developers. Right now, the biggest hurdle stopping Switch from getting every game is the hardware limitations. And that gap between power consoles and PC will always exist. But just looking at how much support Switch has gotten already, itā€™s only going to increase. It took several years to convince devs to invest in Switch after Wii U. But now, devs know the score.

And next gen it will be even better, as not only will that Wii U failure mentality not be a factor (itā€™ll be replaced with confidence from Switch success), the power gap will also shrink as mobile tech continues to catch up as we approach diminishing returns.

So ya, Switch + PC is where itā€™s at.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

BruceCM

Well, that's certainly one thing plenty of people like about the Switch, @simon121simon .... Being able to play your games anywhere can be a big factor for many! There'll still be plenty of games coming, other than 1st parties. Do you count 'Nindies', many of which do also go to Steam, for instance? Then, a lot of games seem to come to Switch from there, as well
So, even supposing there's going to be less AAA games that are really developed mainly for PS5, Series S/X & PC coming, which we'll have to see about, there's enough others & you have the PC for those that don't .....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

toiletduck

@JaxonH thanks, I knew we could count on you šŸ˜

toiletduck

JaxonH

@AndyD
Well, I havenā€™t played the game, but Iā€™ve watched several reviews and gameplay segments and comparisons. Iā€™ll be glad to share my opinion and evaluation of the game, for what itā€™s worth.

Seems to me Immortals is, quite frankly, a really good game. It has the unfortunate handicap of belonging to the same grassy open-World genre of Zelda Breath of the Wild, so itā€™s obviously going to play second fiddle in any comparison. But that doesnā€™t really hold any merit in my estimation because BotW is one of the greatest video games of all time. Literally anything else you compare to it will fall short. So, saying ā€œits not as good as BotWā€ isnā€™t really saying much of value, for me at least.

But on its own merits, it seems to be a really solid open world title, far more interesting than any Assassins Creed put out in the last 5 years. It feels like the first game Ubisoft has made in a very long time that doesnā€™t follow the default corporate template. Sure, it still has many shared similarities, but it diverges in a way that other games havenā€™t in recent memory. It dares to find its own identity. And while some would criticize that claim by saying it simply steals the identity of Zelda, I donā€™t believe thatā€™s entirely fair. Itā€™s certainly inspired, but it also does enough different to really stand out as itā€™s own thing. The combat, for example. The game seems to have a really fun and engaging, high-octane action combat. Itā€™s much more densely packed. It cuts out all of the fluff to provide a shorter game with higher quality thrills the entire way through. It has minimal side quests but the side quests that it does have are extremely well done and fleshed out. It feels like the antithesis of traditional Ubisoft game design. Which is quite remarkable.

It seems to me this is the best game Ubisoft has released all year. Assassins Creed Valhalla- more of the same. Buggy, grindy, and just a worse version of last yearsā€™ iteration. Watch Dogs Legion? The poster child for generic AAA games. But Immortals? This game seems fresh. It seems unique. Itā€™s like the AC Odyssey director was given free reign to make the game he wanted to make, and it shows.

As for the Switch version, Iā€™m astonished at how well the game holds up when compared to consoles 2 generational leaps ahead in raw power. Obviously a PS3-powered handheld version wonā€™t look nearly as crisp and detailed and beautiful as a PS5 version. But goodness, the game holds up incredibly well given the disparity. Itā€™s the full fat experience. It runs well. The resolution isnā€™t crushed to smitherines... IT HAS GYRO AIMING IN THE SWITCH VERSION... what more could you ask for.

To be perfectly honest, I had written this game off when the Stadia demo footage leaked. The movement looked sloppy, the graphics looked disappointing, and it just came across as a low budget, half baked cash in. I couldnā€™t have been more wrong. After seeing release footage and gameplay and reviews, itā€™s clear this game was crafted with love and care, the movement looks fantastic and the combat seems fluid and addictive, the puzzles, while perhaps not quite on the level as Zelda, are still remarkably well thought out and fun, and the world itself just looks so intriguing.

I, for one, canā€™t wait for Immortals: Fenyx Rising to release. Itā€™s made a believer out of me.

Other Recommendations
Sniper Elite 4. Iā€™ll keep shouting this from the rooftops if I must. Easily the best AAA 8th gen Switch port to date. Itā€™s downright spectacular.

Doom Eternal. That Switch trailer looked way better than I had expected, to the point Iā€™m actually starting to believe the game may be a step up from Doom 2016 on Switch. And, that may not prove to be the case, but either way, itā€™s got me hyped.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Solaine

I was considering getting into the shovel knight series and would like to know after checking that there are quite a few titles how good of an impression players on here had with the games. Which is the best and the worst maybe and what kind of assets are its best parts? I know next to nothing about the game and i guess i imagine a sidescrolling plattformer/metroidvania of some kind? I would love to hear some stuff about it while i inform myself a bit about it, so thanks in advance

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Dogorilla

@Solaine All the Shovel Knight games released so far are available in the Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove collection, which I'm pretty sure is the best value way of getting them. They're linear 2D platformers sort of like Castlevania or Duck Tales, and each of the four main games has a different playable character with different abilities.

The second game, Plague of Shadows, has the same basic levels as the original Shovel Knight because it was intended to just be an expansion at first, but it has various paths, mechanics and bonus levels that aren't in the original. Then there's Specter of Torment and King of Cards, which have completely unique levels, and Shovel Knight Showdown, which is a sort of Smash Bros-esque platform/fighting game.

It's difficult to say which is the best and worst (though Plague of Shadows is probably the weakest because it's arguably too similar to the first Shovel Knight) but they're all very solid platformers with a good amount of variety, so I'd recommend getting Treasure Trove and playing all of them.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Solaine

@Dogorilla thankyou very much! That was really informative and probably just convinced me to get shovel Knight: Treasure Trove to try the series out! Wish i could give a heart or something but a thanks from this post will have to do instead

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

NintendoByNature

@Solaine just doubling down. Shovel knight in general is up there as the best indie, if not top 3 in the last decade imo. My favorite is either spectre of torment or Shovel of hope( the original). King of cards is just barely behind those two. Plague of shadows is sort of meh. But its worth a playthrough. The controls take some getting used to. I can almost guarantee you won't be let down by the collection. Start with Shovel of hope though and see how they built it up from there is my only recommendation. Its Megaman, small, zelda 2, and other greats all crammed into 1 game(or collection). I love the games to bits so high recommendation from me.

NintendoByNature

toiletduck

@Dogorilla @NintendoByNature I'm also kinda walking around with similar thoughts of trying SK out finally. Can you comment on how hard it is? I'm typically a laid back gamer and to be honest I'm mainly looking for a relaxing time and not too much of a challenge.

toiletduck

NintendoByNature

@toiletduck my opinion is that it's the right amount of hard. There are some challenging spots in the game but thankfully there are plenty of checkpoints. If you're any type of a seasoned vet at 2d action platforming you'll be fine. You don't need to be an expert.

NintendoByNature

Solaine

@NintendoByNature thanks to you as well. So i did like megaman and Zelda 2 was interesting at least. I wanted to play it in releasing order anyways so shovel of hope fits in just fine

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic