Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,461 to 1,480 of 2,207

BongoBongo123

@Magician I tried Axiom Verge on Wii U. Found the atmosphere to be samey. Could give it another chance if it goes on sale though.

BongoBongo123

gcunit

Axiom Verge does that classic thing of having great music at the beginning of the game that really sucks you in, thinking you're in for a rad experience, and then it fails to maintain that standard and becomes an anti-climax. How it was for me anyway.

I just came here to say... "Hello Yooka-Laylee!". Bought it on sale a couple of days ago. I've had the PS4 physical for ages but not played it. I'd always been drawn to the visuals but put off by the sounds and the word-of-mouth.

The sound is indeed underwhelming and Yooka does sound weird, but I am thoroughly enjoying my time with it nonetheless. Just really satisfying, chilled out, 3D platforming and exploration.

If you've not tried it yet it's definitely worth the sale price if you have any attraction to it, based off the first few hours I've spent with it. It gets better as you get to know it. I was put off at first, and dived into the menu to change the default camera within 10 seconds of starting, but now that I'm getting used to it I'm really liking it.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

ThanosReXXX

Hi people, here's a couple of recommendations from me:

First off, here's two great and heavily discounted games up for grabs, for a mere €1,99/$1.99 a piece, and far as I'm concerned, both are must haves for Switch owners, so here they are. If they even remotely pique your interest after having watched the trailers I posted below, then grab them now, before they revert back to their original prices.

First one is Abzu, an underwater action adventure/puzzler:

The second one is Planet Alpha, a sci-fi platform/action adventure game:

A third game that is up for grabs for only a buck right now is RIVE, from Two Tribes. An interesting twist on a 2D shooter/platformer. Highly entertaining, far as I'm concerned:

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ianl579

@BongoBongo123 Gato Roboto is a solid 8/10 Metroidvania with a lot of charm, and not a big time commitment (I think it took me about 5 hours to complete). I definitely recommend it.

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

NintendoByNature

@BongoBongo123 gato roboto is awesome fun. Axiom verge is just ok. Not sure where all the hype comes from on that game. Its good, but not great

NintendoByNature

BongoBongo123

If I was looking for a breath of the wild 'like' game, would you advise getting Pine, Windbound or something else?

BongoBongo123

NintendoByNature

Maybe the upcoming immortals game? Looks alot like botw to me.

NintendoByNature

BongoBongo123

@NintendoByNature Yeah its meant to be open world, can climb anything, and has simple but fluid combat. Looks really good. I don't know if I'm more hyped for Immortals or Age of Calamity.

Edited on by BongoBongo123

BongoBongo123

NintendoByNature

@BongoBongo123 i can't pick either. Maybe a little more for calamity just because it's zelda. But im still all in on immortals

NintendoByNature

Ryu_Niiyama

Battle Chef Brigade Deluxe is down to 9.99 in the US eshop right now. If you like puzzle rpgs like puzzle quest I highly recommend it.

You play Mina, an aspiring battle chef in her quest to join the brigade. It charmingly answers how townspeople survive in all those worlds filled to the brim with monsters and only a few chosen one heroes. The monsters are slain by the Brigade and the cooked by them since they are that world’s (and most RPGs if you get meta) only animals.

The game primarily features a hunt mode where you fight monsters for ingredients and then the cooking mode which is the primary match 3 aspect.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Solaine

@captainkwakkie maybe an obvious one but if you played xenoblade 2 then maybe xenoblade DE? It does have a romantic subplot as well.
Also Ni no kuni and Final fantasy 9(my fav, also good romantic subplot) or any other of the series(just jrpg).
Sadly i know less about strategy ones...

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

NintendoByNature

Ok guys and gals, in the near future I'll be looking to add a solid 2d metroidvania. Let me start by saying I'm not the greatest at the genre and often struggle but still enjoy them.

Separately im not crazy about tough as nails metroidvanias( hollow knight comes to mind).

I'm looking for something inexpensive, good progression, and doesn't overstay its welcome(6-10 hours). Im not picky about graphical style so feel free to recommend anything. I have the following games but I could be missing a few..

HK
Axiom Verge
Messenger
Guacamelee 1 and 2(my favorite of the bunch)
Alwas 1 and 2
Ori 1
Shantae and the pirates curse
Gato roboto
Owlboy

Not into super gory and dark games though unless it's resident evil 😋.

Thanks in advance and let me know your thoughts!

Edit: I do want it to be action oriented with good combat

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

BongoBongo123

@NintendoByNature Shantae Risky's Revenge its a dsi games is on the eshop and is good. If you liked pirates curse its a good choice.

BongoBongo123

Losermagnet

@NintendoByNature Hollow Knight. I didnt care much for it at first, but now I'm really liking it. Very somber and lonely, with moments of instensity and a bit of victorian horror. It seems to be on the longer side though. I've put in over 15 hours and I'm not sure how much is left.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

NintendoByNature

@Losermagnet i put 10 in myself a couple years back and wasn't crazy for it. It was just too unforgiving(for me)

NintendoByNature

Losermagnet

@NintendoByNature i get that. It takes a few cues from Dark Souls, for sure. I didn't like it much myself until i got some additional abilities that let me access new areas. I disliked feeling so limited in the beginning.

Edited on by Losermagnet

NintendoByNature

@Losermagnet yea that was my main issue, it was too "dark-souls-y". Dark souls was another game i wanted to love but couldn't get over the punishment.

NintendoByNature

Losermagnet

@NintendoByNature What'd you think about Guacamelee 1 & 2? I have a physical copy but I havent even tried it yet. I love the idea though.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic