Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 2,207

Losermagnet

@NintendoByNature I think Dragon Quest XI is a must-play. Octopath looks great and sounds great, but I never connected with the characters or their stories. As for sales....I dunno. Maybe digital but the prices for physical games seems to be inconsistent anymore. At least on Amazon.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Tasuki

@NintendoByNature I know DQ XI S was just on sale on the eShop a few weeks ago so probably the next time it will be going on sale if I have to guess is Black Friday.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Losermagnet

Is New Super Lucky's Tale worth $40? I've been in 3d platformer mood for awhile and had my eye on it. The physical edition doesn't seem to go down in price ever.

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM @Losermagnet @Tasuki both look great. For different reasons. DQ has that AAA big game feel, and the look of Octopaths graphics draws me in. I've always liked the look of it, but im a bit salty I won't get my hands on that eiuydon game on Kickstarter being a switch only gamer, so this might scratch that itch.

I saw DQ for 42 on the eshop a while back, but I've also seen it for $40 on Amazon on 1 rare instance and I've seen OT for $30 on the eshop once. I really don't want to pay close to full price when they both have been out for a while, relatively speaking. Maybe I'll wait til September to see if square puts either on sale, or gives us bravely default 2 news.

NintendoByNature

Losermagnet

@NintendoByNature Both are great games. You can't really go wrong either way. It's not much of a sale, but Walmarts in my area sell most new switch games $10 cheaper than list price

BruceCM

Yeah, keep checking the eShop sales regularly, @NintendoByNature.... Bravely Default II certainly might be given a date fairly soon, just who knows when

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NintendoByNature

@Losermagnet yea mine do too. They typically have DQ stocked but not OT. Ill sit on it for a couple weeks to see how the rest of the year plays out

NintendoByNature

Screen

@Duboiss

Cosmic Star Heroine is great, as is the longest five minutes!

BDSP has online matchmaking!

Duboiss

@Screen Cosmic Star looks great thanks for the recommendation

Also for someone who never played any atelier is Ryza a good point of entry ?

Duboiss

DenDen

@NintendoByNature like mentioned above both are great, but what are you looking for??

Do you want a more linear story and world to explore, and feel a deep connection with your characters?

Or do you like more the open world feel?
And ofcourse do you preffer realistic art or pixel?
All things to consider.

Either way both are a great choice and can give you easily 100+ hours

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Krull

@Duboiss Must admit, I’ve not played any Atelier, either, but I have read around that Ryza is a return to form after a slightly lacklustre Mysterious trilogy. I am not sure where to start myself! Might be hard going back to the Dusk or Arland trilogy after Ryza, but I gather none is a bad choice.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Magician

@WoomyNNYes

I've played a very small amount of All-Star Fruit Racing. It's a good kart racing game. Obviously, it's difficult to recommend it over either MK8D or CTR. But for the price of $1, I think you'll get more than your money's worth.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NintendoByNature

@DenDen yea im not really sure which way. Im leaning more towards DQ to get that big game feel, but i love the look of OT. Its a tough one.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

They do both have demos, BTW, @NintendoByNature .... ? Have you tried them yet? That might help you decide

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM i did when they both launched. Liked em both a bit but i wasn't as into jrpgs as I am this year. So I didn't get them a fair shake. Itll probably boil down to one of them going on a decent sale and me impulse buying lol

NintendoByNature

Magician

@WoomyNNYes

Immortal Redneck

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic