Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 2,207

DenDen

@Anti-Matter my wife loves minecraft and animal crossing She dislikes really violent games, whould you suggest portal knights to her?
She loves building inspecting stuff etc.
Let me say it this way she likes child games whould she like this?

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Anti-Matter

@DenDen
I recommend Portal Knights to your wife.
The violence level (hitting the foes) was still tolerable for kids (foes disappeared when died) and the characters talking like My Sims with their Simlish language.
You can play as Boy or Girl or even as Anthromorphic Animal with latest DLC or if you buy the Ultimate Edition (ALL DLC in one game price $30)
The jobs you can choose are Knight, Mage, Ranger, Rogue, Druid. Each job have their advantages and their specific weapons. Recommended job = Ranger for long ranged weapon.

Portal Knights have two modes: Adventure Mode (you play through the storyline and still able build and shaping the island with normal quantity) and Creative Mode (similar with Minecraft, unlimited supply but there is no day cycle and character interaction with NPC)

I'm sure your wife will like it.

Anti-Matter

DenDen

@Anti-Matter thank you very much then I will buy it for her 😊

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Heavyarms55

So I really enjoy games where base building is a big part of, if not the main part of the experience. Things like Cities Skylines, Civilization (the series), Stardew Valley, Animal Crossing NH, and I even played a good bit of Fallout Shelter and hated myself for starting to pay microtransactions (which is why I quit that one)

What other titles on Switch deliver this kind of experience that I might have missed?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter Oh how did I forget DQ builders. That's a good one. I'll have to look into Portal Knights, I know it's one of your favorites.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

rockodoodle

Looking for a strategy game- two caught my eye. Ancestors Legacy and Railway empire. AL seems a bit more interesting, but I also think trains are cool and I would enjoy that. It comes down to which is the better game, especially in handheld mode. Has anyone played these?

Edited on by rockodoodle

rockodoodle

dew12333

@Anti-Matter Thank you so much for the recommendation of Portal Knights, we downloaded the demo at the weekend. He loved it and I thought it was pretty good too, we shall definitely be buying it.

I noticed on the eshop they have the base game and then one including all the dlc, I would happily buy it with the dlc if it added to the game. Did you get the dlc, if so was it any good?

dew12333

Anti-Matter

@dew12333
I still haven't bought the two main DLC that have new jobs and new worlds.
But i will wait the physical release of Legendary Edition since i believe 505 Games as the publisher able to release the physical copy of Portal Knights Legendary Edition with all DLC inside.

The Legendary Edition contains all DLC so you can play as Rogue or Druid (Anthro animal) as new jobs.
Also there are 2 new worlds to explore and new items to craft.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

porto

I recommend
The Touryst
In Other Waters
LEGO Jurassic World
Baba Is You

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

toiletduck

Rollercoaster Tycoon is now 20 bucks in the Dutch eShop. Is it any good at that price? As a teenager I used to play the first game on pc a lot.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

aldohe

What do you all recommend for someone who wants to play Witcher 3 or Skyrim or Dark Souls but can't have any M rated video games? Something that satisfies leveling up and grinding with character progression. I want the freedom to make my character my own as much as possible and with a less restrictive story. Thank you in advance.

aldohe

Aozz101x

@aldohe you could try Splatoon 2. it's not like witcher 3, skyrim or dark souls. but it has customization and isn't m rated.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Krull

@aldohe The obvious answer for a friendly RPG is probably Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield. If you’re looking for a more action-base game, Breath of the Wild - there isn’t really any RPG grinding, but the story is minimal - it’s all about exploring and growing more powerful by finding better weapons and more hearts and stamina.

However, if you can handle a Teen rating (below M!), then Ys VIII seems much closer to the action RPG you’re looking for.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

BruceCM

Um, while Ys VIII is awesome, it's not open-world & you can't customize your main character .... It's got very little in common with the 3 games mentioned Really, if it's got to be rated only teen or lower, I'm not sure there's anything very suitable on Switch.

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

jump

I'd say give Monster Hunter or Zelda a try, not a perfect fit but meets a lot of the criteria and doesn't come across as kiddie as some of the other suggestions without being M rated.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

aldohe

@Anti-Matter Thank you for the suggestion. What about Dragon Quest Builders 2? Have you tried that? Is there leveling up there? For some reason, Portal Knights doesn't seem like my type of game.

@Aozz101x Thank you. I have tried Splatoon 2 but the controls were hard for me to get used to. I'm not really looking for a shooter right now.

@Krull I have played through Pokemon Shield already and working through the battle tower. This is definitely one of my favorite games. Though the world is now kind of boring I like battling online. I have Y's VIII. I am working through FETH before I move on to that.

@AndyD Thank you AndyD. I plan on getting to Y's VIII soon. As well as DQXI at some point. I'm looking for something where my focus is on my character getting stronger and stuff in a cool world. Not necessarily thinking about where I left off in the story.

@BruceCM Thanks BruceCM. You have a point. What about Baldur's Gate 2, Stardew Valley, or Terraria? From what I have read they all have combat and there is a lot of character progression.

@jump Thanks for the suggestions. Monster Hunter seems interesting. Can you customize a character and level it up? For me, that is critical. I have BotW in my backlog and plan on getting to that during Christmastime.

aldohe

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic