Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 2,207

Ralizah

@Xyphon22 I passed on Octopath for the same reason recently. I figure the game will still be there in the future when I'm hungry for a good JRPG.

So, for that reason, I'd suggest dumping OT. It's easy to get bogged down in JRPGs. The other games you mentioned are way shorter and are pretty wildly different in terms of genre.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Xyphon22

@Ralizah Yeah, I think that's the direction I will probably go. It's also been on sale on its own a number of times unlike Astral Chain (although so has Spyro and likely Bioshock will be, too) and the oldest so likeliest to drop in price. Well, now I just have to decide if I will actually do it. Do I really need 3 (really 7) new games? Not really. But my wife did just spend $400 on a new camera for no reason, so I won't feel so bad if I do it.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

AndyD

Xyphon22 wrote:

@Ralizah Yeah, I think that's the direction I will probably go. It's also been on sale on its own a number of times unlike Astral Chain (although so has Spyro and likely Bioshock will be, too) and the oldest so likeliest to drop in price. Well, now I just have to decide if I will actually do it. Do I really need 3 (really 7) new games? Not really. But my wife did just spend $400 on a new camera for no reason, so I won't feel so bad if I do it.

you reason like I do...hehe Astral Chain is great. So, what three /seven games did you decide on? May grab Bioshock, DaemonX, and Marvel Alliance...between this and the eshop. Too many good deals.

Edited on by AndyD

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Xyphon22

@AndyD If I do it, I think I'm going to go with Bioshock, Spyro, and Astral Chain. I say 7 because Bioshock and Spyro both have 3 games each. Of course, chances are good that I waffle on whether or not I should do it until the sale is over and then I get nothing. Which is fine because I already have enough to play.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

AndyD

Xyphon22 wrote:

@AndyD If I do it, I think I'm going to go with Bioshock, Spyro, and Astral Chain. I say 7 because Bioshock and Spyro both have 3 games each. Of course, chances are good that I waffle on whether or not I should do it until the sale is over and then I get nothing. Which is fine because I already have enough to play.

Once again, that is usually me...although with the eshop sale, this time I actually grabbed several deep discounted games I had been wanting. There are a few more I am looking at, but I am in the US so I have two more days to waffle...not that my backlog is anywhere near most others on here, but I updated my Howlongtobeat log and I have 66 unplayed/waiting/backloged games. Most are RPGs of some sort, which require a bit more time. But I am a sucker for RPGs and the Rogue like RPGs and Strategy RPGs. Yikes!

Edited on by AndyD

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

PapaMurphy

Hey, has anyone played Undead Horde? It's on offer for a fiver, looks good on the trailer. No review here, so just thought I'd ask you goons. Cheers

It's all in the game yo

RabidPikachu

Does anyone have any recommendations for some cheap Switch games? I’m not connected to the internet with my system and so it has to have a physical version and be playable offline. I currently have only Sonic Mania and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX. I live in North America so I need physical copies that are cheap and compatible with my region. Thanks.

3DS Friend code 4425-2142-6328

Magician

@RabidPikachu

There's no region lockout on the Switch. A European copy will work as well as a North American copy on your console. That said, what genres do you prefer? There are several great games for $20 for less on Amazon. Risk of Rain 2, Star Wars Pinball, Sine Mora EX, Flipping Death, Psyvariar Delta, Slay the Spire, Ghostbusters, and several of the Lego games.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Snatcher

trying to decide between a hat in time with all the dlc or spyro reignited on switch. what do you guys think i should get, and no i cant get both.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Chimera_Police

@RabidPikachu cheap physical Switch games are harder to come by, but it’s possible.

I’m a big fan of Mario v Rabbids, which often goes down to the $20 range and is totally worth it. It plays like an XCOM-like where you destroy annoying bunnies. Captain Toad is also fun, and sometimes gets discounted from $40 - don’t think it goes down to $20 though.

You can also find games like Crash trilogy, Civ 6, LA Noire, Just Dance and Diablo 3 discounted pretty regularly, and those are all solid choices.

Chimera_Police

Chimera_Police

@RabidPikachu know this is kind of cheating, but there are also bundled games to consider. They might have a higher price but multiple full games. Bayonetta 2 comes with 1, Resident Evil Origins, Shovel Knight Treasure Trove, the XCOM and Bioshock collections, etc - but you’ve got to be careful because a lot of it is download codes.

Personally, I’d bite the bullet and get Zelda Breath of the Wild or Mario Odyssey or Fire Emblem Three Houses. You can sometimes find them for a small discount during sales, but you’ll also get a lot of game per dollar, tons of replay value and a unique experience you can only get on Switch. Other games that I would recommend with a little less longevity are DK Tropical Freeze, Pokemon Sword/Shield, Astral Chain and Luigi’s Mansion. Those all have hooks to get you to come back too, but I just put them down.

Chimera_Police

Patendo

@legendcoworker Hat in Time is good but the loading times and regularity were infuriating, really broke up the nice flow of gameplay. If you don't mind loading screens I'd go for this.

Spyro is great and very nostalgic if you played it back in the day.

Patendo

Snatcher

@patendo i'm a 2,000 gamer so spyro would not be nostalgic for me, loading screens dont bother me so as long as the game is good (witch it is ) i'm going to go for a hat in time thanks for the help.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Loonatic

My sister wants to play online with her grandson but I'm having a hard time finding games that allow co-op with a specific friend so they can play together. They live in different houses. Super Mario Maker 2 and Mario Kart I've got already. Any suggestions? Something easy for them to play too. She's not a gamer and the child is 6 years old. Thank you!

Loonatic

Magician

@Loonatic - The fewer inputs the better. Maybe something like Pac-Man? D-pad or analog-stick only controls. I believe there's a free demo of Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 on the eShop.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

dew12333

I was hoping that people would be able to help with suggestions on some games for me, I have a 7yr old boy who wants to play Roblocs which is a straight no for us. So I have said I will find him a similar game that we will let him play, I wonder if anyone had a suggestions I could look at? Thanks in advance.

dew12333

Anti-Matter

@dew12333
Try Portal Knights.
It rated PEGI 7 on Europe but E10+ by ESRB.
The game is mixture of Minecraft with RPG. Aesthetically beautiful.
Definetely much better than Roblox.

Or Animal Crossing New Horizons for No violence at all.

Anti-Matter

dew12333

@Anti-Matter I watched a quick video and that looks great, I will show him and see what he thinks. Thank you

dew12333

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic