Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 961 to 980 of 15,210

Octane

16_Million wrote:

Octane wrote:

It's in between the NL logo and your avatar on the upper side of the webpage.

Cool. But that's site-wide. How does one limit the search to the forum?

Add ''www.nintendolife.com/forums'' to whatever you are searching for; e.g. ''www.nintendolife.com/forums zelda u''.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

LzWinky

16_Million wrote:

Octane wrote:

It's in between the NL logo and your avatar on the upper side of the webpage.

Cool. But that's site-wide. How does one limit the search to the forum?

Type this in your URL bar: site:nintendolife.com/forums Type what you want here

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Storytime7

shingi_70 wrote:

Anyone else planning to play through every mainline Zelda game for the lead too Zelda WIi U?

Considering how many games coming out next year I'm interested in, I definitely can't find enough time to play every game in the series. Of course, I'll still find the time to replay some of my favorite entries in the series (OoT 3D, ALBW, MM once the remake is released) and a few of the ones I haven't played in years (LA and SS in particular). Currently finishing up my first playthrough of Spirit Tracks (it's okay, I guess).

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

NinjaWaddleDee

I reeeeaaally wanna get into Zelda, but I just don't know what game from it would really click with me. (I've been a Mario, Pokémon, Kirby, and just recently, Metroid kind of guy for the past 15 years.) I've beaten Ocarina of Time 3D aaaand that's it. It was a great game, not LEGENDARY, but great. I also got WWHD through the MK8 club Nintendo promotion, and it's okay. I hate the sailing though, so I will likely never finish it, and the story is kinda well... predicatble. It's meh really. I remember owning the Zelda collector's disc for Gamecube back in the day, it had Ocarina, Majora, and Zelda 1 + 2 on it. Majora always intrigued me, but I could never figure it out as a kid. I might pick up Majora 3D just because I keep hearing great things about it. Sooooo any ideas for a Zelda game for a newcomer (sort of) like me?

Edit: I also used to own Phantom Hourglass. Oh how I despise that game. Different strokes I guess.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Nicolai

shingi_70 wrote:

So seeing Link with the blue garb on do you guys think that this is earlier in the game or will link have custom clothing. In the prior three Zelda games link has a a different garb for the into of the game before he gets the Iconic green Tunic. However in the gameplay footage he has the blue tunic in an open world and while in a dugeon. I wonder if has anything to do with link having the bow.

I didn't see any footage of him in a dungeon. Maybe I missed it? About when was it in the video?

Personally, I wouldn't mind if that was his only outfit. I know most people like customization options, but if they were optional, I'd probably wear what he has on now all the time. It makes this Link look very unique.

shingi_70 wrote:

Anyone else planning to play through every mainline Zelda game for the lead too Zelda WIi U?

I've already started. I'm on Oracle of Ages currently, but I'm currently pacing myself real slow so that I finish A Link Between Worlds around the time this new game comes out.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

kkslider5552000

shingi_70 wrote:

No because I want to play other games in the next year.

But I would like to replay ALBW and try to 100% it this time (which I tried way too hard to not do the first time). And I still have that copy of Wind Waker HD I haven't touched yet.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Storytime7

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

I reeeeaaally wanna get into Zelda, but I just don't know what game from it would really click with me. (I've been a Mario, Pokémon, Kirby, and just recently, Metroid kind of guy for the past 15 years.) I've beaten Ocarina of Time 3D aaaand that's it. It was a great game, not LEGENDARY, but great. I also got WWHD through the MK8 club Nintendo promotion, and it's okay. I hate the sailing though, so I will likely never finish it, and the story is kinda well... predicatble. It's meh really. I remember owning the Zelda collector's disc for Gamecube back in the day, it had Ocarina, Majora, and Zelda 1 + 2 on it. Majora always intrigued me, but I could never figure it out as a kid. I might pick up Majora 3D just because I keep hearing great things about it. Sooooo any ideas for a Zelda game for a newcomer (sort of) like me?

Edit: I also used to own Phantom Hourglass. Oh how I despise that game. Different strokes I guess.

If you want to try out the 2D (top-down view) games, start with either A Link to the Past or A Link Between Worlds. Link's Awakening and The Minish Cap are also good choices, but I wouldn't suggest playing them first. The Oracle games are pretty good, but not among my favorites in the series. Spirit Tracks makes some improvements over Phantom Hourglass, but I'm not sure if those improvements are enough if you hated PH. I can still enjoy them, but the NES games haven't aged too well. Four Swords is a small multiplayer focused game that isn't really worth checking out, and I don't have anything to say about Four Sword Adventures (never played it).

As for the 3D games, Majora's Mask is good, but wait for the 3DS remake. Twilight Princess is mostly good, and Skyward Sword I won't comment on because I'm considering replaying it sometime soon to see if my opinion on the game changes (didn't like it the first time).

TL;DR:

For 2D Zelda games, start with ALttP or ALBW.
For 3D Zelda games, MM should be the next game you try if you've already played OoT and WW.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

LzWinky

I will have MM 3D to keep me satisfied until Zelda U

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Spoony_Tech

WaLzgi wrote:

I will have MM 3D to keep me satisfied until Zelda U

That's the way I feel. There is such a thing as getting burnt out on too much Zelda.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

NinjaWaddleDee

Storytime7 wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

If you want to try out the 2D (top-down view) games, start with either A Link to the Past or A Link Between Worlds. Link's Awakening and The Minish Cap are also good choices, but I wouldn't suggest playing them first. The Oracle games are pretty good, but not among my favorites in the series. Spirit Tracks makes some improvements over Phantom Hourglass, but I'm not sure if those improvements are enough if you hated PH. I can still enjoy them, but the NES games haven't aged too well. Four Swords is a small multiplayer focused game that isn't really worth checking out, and I don't have anything to say about Four Sword Adventures (never played it).

As for the 3D games, Majora's Mask is good, but wait for the 3DS remake. Twilight Princess is mostly good, and Skyward Sword I won't comment on because I'm considering replaying it sometime soon to see if my opinion on the game changes (didn't like it the first time).

TL;DR:

For 2D Zelda games, start with ALttP or ALBW.
For 3D Zelda games, MM should be the next game you try if you've already played OoT and WW.

Thank you good sir or madam! I was very much considering ALTTP! I love SNES games so there is a high chance I will enjoy that one.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Nicolai

@NinjaWaddleDee

With the list of franchises you said you were interested in, I think that A Link to the Past is a great choice to start. A Link to the Past had few silly gimmicks in them, and no back-tracking. I would also suggest Minish Cap, mostly on the basis that that game is extremely similar to A Link to the Past, but with a nice Game Boy Advance flare to it. It's got a much more colorful palette and a magical feel to it, and a rather comical character as your partner.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Haru17

shingi_70 wrote:

So seeing Link with the blue garb on do you guys think that this is earlier in the game or will link have custom clothing. In the prior three Zelda games link has a a different garb for the into of the game before he gets the Iconic green Tunic. However in the gameplay footage he has the blue tunic in an open world and while in a dugeon. I wonder if has anything to do with link having the bow.

I honestly think Link is just wearing blue to stand out against the green grass. It would be pretty bad if his green tunic blended in with the terrain in the first marketing materials. I think we'll get at least tunic and equipment options, if not more extensive customization. There's no way we leave this game without getting the green tunic, remember the Hylian shield in Skyward Sword. They already showed Link with the so-so buckler shield, so that'll be upgradable to the Hylian and, hopefully, mirror shield. And Link has been shown with the green-grey cowl both on and off, so that's an armor option too, maybe for some sort of stealth system?

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

ProudasaPeacock

Hey, I made an imgur album of some interesting things in the Zelda U demo they showed. I know most of them have probably been seen before but hey they might be cool to look at. http://imgur.com/a/Ggk4E

ProudasaPeacock

Henmii

So far the game looks pretty nice. But I am a bit confused regarding horse-riding. On your horse you don't seem to have 100% freedom, yet its not really 100% on rails either. But you can move the camera, and you can attack enemies with your sword or bow and arrows. You can also stop, or jump of your horse and target a enemy in slow-motion. But it seems somewhat onrails. Or maybe this was purely for demonstrating purposes.

As for the cliff Link stands on, that's probably the cliff they didn't use from Skyward sword. The one from the first trailer.

Some people say that the world looks a bit barren, but keep in mind that all the elements (buildings, treasure-chests, etc) may be added at a later date. I hope so anyway.

Henmii

Yoshi

Henmii wrote:

So far the game looks pretty nice. But I am a bit confused regarding horse-riding. On your horse you don't seem to have 100% freedom, yet its not really 100% on rails either. But you can move the camera, and you can attack enemies with your sword or bow and arrows. You can also stop, or jump of your horse and target a enemy in slow-motion. But it seems somewhat onrails. Or maybe this was purely for demonstrating purposes.

You have 100% freedom, but if you're not touching the control stick, then it changes into more of an autopilot. It's your choice, if you want that to happen.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Haru17

I hope we can stand on top of the horse Shadow of the Colossus style for some giant boss battles, this time with good controls.

Octane

Henmii wrote:

As for the cliff Link stands on, that's probably the cliff they didn't use from Skyward sword. The one from the first trailer.

Some people say that the world looks a bit barren, but keep in mind that all the elements (buildings, treasure-chests, etc) may be added at a later date. I hope so anyway.

It's not really on-rails. Epona just runs straight ahead, and evades objects like trees, just like Agro did in Shadow of the Colossus iirc. If you want to turn left, you still have to move the control stick. You can also compare it to the King of the Red Lions in the Wind Waker; he's always moving when your sail is out and the wind is favourable, despite that, you have full control over him. Since the AI avoids small objects, you have to care less about where you're going, and you are given more time to manage your items, fight enemies, plan your next destination, etc.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Haru17

I have to say we have an amazing lineup of items and mechanics thus far; the improved horse and bow, the first 3D button-controlled sword combat since 2006, bomb arrows, and the deku leaf in the guise of the sail cloth. Other favorites I'd love to see return would be the elemental arrows, mirror shield, and hookshot & bombs (which are always present). Need I remind you all that the horseback bomb throwing feature from Twilight Princess will likely be returning =D

kkslider5552000

Random guess: bomb arrows will be back but as an upgrade ala the Skyward Sword upgrades (which is a vastly better shop system than ALBW)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Haru17

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Random guess: bomb arrows will be back but as an upgrade ala the Skyward Sword upgrades (which is a vastly better shop system than ALBW)

The gameplay footage already showed an up and down option with the arrows, so you'll be able to switch between types. You might get the bomb arrows by crafting initially, but there's no way they'll completely replace normal arrows.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic