Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 3,481 to 3,500 of 15,210

Dezzy

We could probably have brute-forced the title by now if we'd just gone with random combinations of common gaming words.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

We could probably have brute-forced the title by now if we'd just gone with random combinations of common gaming words.

What if it's all a huge troll and the title is just 'The Legend of Zelda?'

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Blast

I also want better directing of scenes and much more sense of tension and drama. Twilight Princess did the drama thing well. I'll never forget the cool scenes in the ending of Wind Waker and that cool scene in Ocarina of Time when Link runs in that village to find Shiek looking at the well.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Haru17

Blast wrote:

I also want better directing of scenes and much more sense of tension and drama. Twilight Princess did the drama thing well. I'll never forget the cool scenes in the ending of Wind Waker and that cool scene in Ocarina of Time when Link runs in that village to find Shiek looking at the well.

Yes! I'd kill to have great cutscene / scripted sequence directing again.

Bolt_Strike

Haru17 wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

What if it's all a huge troll and the title is just 'The Legend of Zelda?'

I wouldn't put it past them to do that.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Blast

Haru17 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Yes! I'd kill to have great cutscene / scripted sequence directing again.

MGS: V has AMAZING directing of cutscenes. Alotta great one shots that I want Aonuma to do.

Master of the Hype Train

ClockworkMario

Blast wrote:

...cool scenes in the ending of Wind Waker...

Man, oh man. They conveyed such a powerful emotional blow and lots of story without making it fell ham-fisted; one of the greatest Zelda moments ever. Another cool scene was when encountering Dark Link in OoT. Really, they could just replicate that shot-to-shot and I'd still be happy.

Edited on by ClockworkMario

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

Haru17

ClockworkMario wrote:

Blast wrote:

...cool scenes in the ending of Wind Waker...

Man, oh man. They conveyed such a powerful emotional blow and lots of story without making it fell ham-fisted; one of the greatest Zelda moments ever. Another cool scene was when encountering Dark Link in OoT. Really, they could just replicate that shot-to-shot and I'd still be happy.

Man, Dark Link is one of my favorite scenes in aesthetic history! Such amazing direction and vision even on the N64.

I think that a trap that a lot of games fall into these days, that Wind Waker also did to a lesser extent, is having all of the plot at the beginning and the end. Many, many open world games make this fatal mistake simply due to their structure and it's just not necessary. I really hope Zelda U has main quest-crucial stories throughout its world, not just as bookends.

Blast

I have an idea for Amiibo support. How about a Shulk Amiibo unlocks a Monado like sword that Link can use? Or a Fire Emblem Amiibo unlocks a Falcion like weapon for Link? Just cool cosmetic stuff that's purely optional and not game breaking. INB4: "Noooo!!! The Master Sword is the only weapon Link should use!!!" Hahaha relax. The Master Sword can still be there as well.

Master of the Hype Train

Haru17

Blast wrote:

I have an idea for Amiibo support. How about a Shulk Amiibo unlocks a Monado like sword that Link can use? Or a Fire Emblem Amiibo unlocks a Falcion like weapon for Link? Just cool cosmetic stuff that's purely optional and not game breaking. INB4: "Noooo!!! The Master Sword is the only weapon Link should use!!!" Hahaha relax. The Master Sword can still be there as well.

N—O—T—C—A—N—O—N

Hendesu

Blast wrote:

That would be a great idea if Zelda fans weren't so sensitive to ideas.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Tyranexx

Blast wrote:

I have an idea for Amiibo support. How about a Shulk Amiibo unlocks a Monado like sword that Link can use? Or a Fire Emblem Amiibo unlocks a Falchion like weapon for Link? Just cool cosmetic stuff that's purely optional and not game breaking. INB4: "Noooo!!! The Master Sword is the only weapon Link should use!!!" Hahaha relax. The Master Sword can still be there as well.

Fixed something for you.

I would have nothing against it, actually. It's not like Link never has access to other swords. (Biggoron's Sword, Phantom Sword, etc.) I'm thinking some other ideas could be as follows:

Ganondorf: Sword of the Sages
Zelda: Rapier
Toon Link: Kokiri Sword
Greninja: A sword themed after it that, when swung, unleashes aquatic throwing stars instead of the usual sword beam.

And why limit the weapon options to swords? Why not give Link access to Dedede's Hammer, or Luigi's Poltergust 5000? The crazy gimmicky weapons could be endless, completely optional, and great fan service to boot!

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

Making the weapons too unique and special would be around the no-no territory.

People would complain over unimportant cosmetic changes. Imagine if they actually locked multiple unique new items behind an amiibo paywall.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Nicolai

Blast wrote:

I mean, Link drives a motorcycle in Mario Kart 8, so the Zelda series isn't exactly sacred ground. I don't see anything wrong with it, as long as they're just cosmetic and don't work their way into the lore.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Haru17

I'm not antagonistic to new ideas so much as I am to cross-promotion. That's because...

Nicolai wrote:

I mean, Link drives a motorcycle in Mario Kart 8, so the Zelda series isn't exactly sacred ground. I don't see anything wrong with it, as long as they're just cosmetic and don't work their way into the lore.

...the Zelda series is sacred, at least to me. I want them to craft worlds that are complete in and of themselves. Paywalling content just overcomplicates and ultimately mars that. I don't need it to be the Master Sword, but come up with an alternate weapon that's in-universe.

The point of making a game as large / complex / ambitious as a 3D Zelda is that, by the virtue of having all of that stuff work together in the same game, it increases the worth of everything in a synergistic manner. Taking and effort away from that central goal can only make the game worse.

If there are no-effort amiibo skins it won't really bug me, but at the same rate I won't care.

Edited on by Haru17

Tiefseemiez

Interesting.
What "twist on the open world game" could they have in mind?
I must admit that the way Aonuma phrases it, I can already see classic-open-world-and-zelda-hardliners going to the barricades.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

jump

Tiefseemiez wrote:

Interesting.
I must admit that the way Aonuma phrases it, I can already see classic-open-world-and-zelda-hardliners going to the barricades.

It's a surprise twist so I'm guessing micro-transactions for evey inch you move.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Tiefseemiez

arronishere wrote:

Tiefseemiez wrote:

Interesting.

It's a surprise twist so I'm guessing micro-transactions for evey inch you move.

Yeah or something like Windwaker or Skyward Sword where you have kind of an open world, but actually not.
No, seriously: I have a lot of faith in the developers and think they won't disappoint us. Usually their twists turn out to be something cool. (I didn't play it yet, but I do also think that Triforce Heroes is an interesting and fine concept, apart from its flaws.)

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic