Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 2,621 to 2,640 of 15,210

DefHalan

Dezzy wrote:

The thing about pushing it back at holiday 2016 is what are they gonna do to keep people playing the Wii U in the space between? There's nothing else expected really. Ok so the hardcore fans don't care and will dig out their Wii U for the sake of Zelda at any time. But there are a lot of casuals who just go with the current trends.

Nintendo has been announcing games a lot closer to release recently, and their E3 presentation focused on Holiday 2015 a lot. Just because there isn't anything currently announced, doesn't mean there won't be something to play during that time.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Blast

DefHalan wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

The thing about pushing it back at holiday 2016 is what are they gonna do to keep people playing the Wii U in the space between? There's nothing else expected really. Ok so the hardcore fans don't care and will dig out their Wii U for the sake of Zelda at any time. But there are a lot of casuals who just go with the current trends.

Nintendo has been announcing games a lot closer to release recently, and their E3 presentation focused on Holiday 2015 a lot. Just because there isn't anything currently announced, doesn't mean there won't be something to play during that time.

Everything falls on Nintendo's early 2016 Direct. That will indicate to me everything. If they insist on showing more 3DS games than Wii U games... Wii U is dying. If they show a balance... Good. If they show more Wii U than 3DS... Good. If they show Zelda... Very good.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Blast wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Blast wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

That's quite a way off. I thought they said, when hearing how annoyed people were at not seeing it at E3, they'd give us more "soon". Soon strikes me as in 2015?

I highly doubt any new Zelda info will show this year.

If Zelda is going to be early 2016 then I expect to see something this year. If it is late 2016 I expect we won't see something this year. If it was delayed to launch on the NX, we probably won't see anything until E3. Hoping for the 1st one, expecting the 2nd, fearing the 3rd lol.

I will get even more bitter if they make us wait until E3 2016 for Zelda info. That's utterly pathetic.

Or it builds great hype for the whole event? If I were in Nintendo's shoes, I wouldn't show it until e3 2016. I know we all want it now, as in yesterday, but business-wise, it makes sense.

Showing Zelda at E3 will almost instantly mean that it's also a NX launch title which would leave a bitter taste in my mouth. Let the Wii U have its own Zelda game for a while. Let the Wii U have some pride before it dies. Sheesh. It already lost Hyrule Warriors to the dang 3DS.

Master of the Hype Train

DefHalan

I hope Zelda U is a 2016 Wii U game and gets ported to the NX (If the NX is 2017) as a launch Title, maybe with a Master Quest extra thing. (If the NX is 2016, then let there be a few months between releases)

Edited on by DefHalan

Haru17

DiscoGentleman wrote:

...but business-wise, it makes sense.

Marketing-wise, having your game go dark in the 12 months preceding release is a bad idea.

Blast wrote:

Let the Wii U have its own Zelda game for a while. Let the Wii U have some pride before it dies. Sheesh. It already lost Hyrule Warriors to the dang 3DS.

I was unaware ports deleted their corresponding games from the Wii U e-Shop. Also, let the NX out of the crib before it dies.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

rallydefault

@DefHalan: It's going to release simulatenously on NX and Wii U during holiday 2016. That's my bet.

rallydefault

DefHalan

@rallydefault: Then I wouldn't expect to see Zelda again until E3. They are going to need that huge push if they really want to put the NX out that year

Blast

@Haru17: Zelda U on NX will pretty much mean the Wii U version is the lesser version. The NX should be better hardware so I bet Zelda U will perform better on NX than Wii U. Aonuma would probably also give the NX extra features too. That's what I call (yet another) slap to Wii U owners. We deserve the best version of the game!

Master of the Hype Train

Hendesu

For Zelda U not appearing not in E3, this means something big and exciting is happening to Zelda U. (Which Nintendo don't want to give out information.) Likely prediction that Zelda U is actually Ura Zelda. (Made sense since it's on the Wii U. Get it?)
And that there's a mode where you play as Ganon.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Jacob717

@Blast: If they port it to the NX, it will be the same graphically to the Wii U version, just with a higher resolution, and maybe a higher frame rate if the Wii U version isn't 60fps. Ocarina of Time for the GameCube was the same as the N64 version, just with improved resolution, and Twilight Princess for the Wii was the same as the GameCube, just with 16:9 support, and motion controls.

Jacob717

Haru17

Blast wrote:

@Haru17: Zelda U on NX will pretty much mean the Wii U version is the lesser version. The NX should be better hardware so I bet Zelda U will perform better on NX than Wii U. Aonuma would probably also give the NX extra features too. That's what I call (yet another) slap to Wii U owners. We deserve the best version of the game!

Beyond stupid conversations about entitlement, all signs point to Zelda U being designed for the gamepad. I'm sure it'll have plenty of features that the NX doesn't have with regards to the gamepad. And I don't expect a huge performance difference. Just like with Twilight Princess Nintendo develops a single game and then adapts it to each platform's controller.

Blast

Haru17 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Beyond stupid conversations about entitlement, all signs point to Zelda U being designed for the gamepad. I'm sure it'll have plenty of features that the NX doesn't have with regards to the gamepad. And I don't expect a huge performance difference. Just like with Twilight Princess Nintendo develops a single game and then adapts it to each platform's controller.

I still expect the NX version will be better because how else will they get people to buy it or double dip? Hyrule Warriors 3DS literally has all the DLC and more stuff all included for the regular price. I understand your reasoning but I won't be surprised if the NX version offers content the Wii U version lacks.

Master of the Hype Train

CaviarMeths

Blast wrote:

I still expect the NX version will be better because how else will they get people to buy it or double dip? Hyrule Warriors 3DS literally has all the DLC and more stuff all included for the regular price. I understand your reasoning but I won't be surprised if the NX version offers content the Wii U version lacks.

How does any cross-gen game sell? I dunno, ask Activision or Ubisoft how they manage to sell millions of copies of Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed on all systems.

And by the sales breakdown of Twilight Princess, sales on new gen hardware probably aren't a major concern for Nintendo.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

Nintendo doesn't want you to double dip on Zelda U; it isn't Smash Bros. There's no portable version and no significant DLC. Do you have any idea how resource intensive it would be to build one DLC dungeon for Zelda? Best just start on the next game to build the platform's catalogue.

At the same rate it makes no sense to release Zelda U at two different times (outside of the same month) for either platform. All that would do is either double the marketing budget (bad) or make people ignore Zelda when it launches on NX (way, way worse.)

-Green-

NintyMan wrote:

According to Scott Moffit, Zelda U will be shown again when it "can deliver."

“We confirmed that a Zelda game, a new Zelda experience is in development for the Wii U and we have our team hard at work on that,” Moffitt said. “We want that to be the best Zelda experience. Fans have been waiting for and deserve a game when it’s ready, when it’s fully featured and when it can live up to what we would like to deliver.”

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/zelda-wii-u-ready-release-when-i...

I'm okay with waiting, but I'm not so sure about most people. They should probably at least mention it more frequently to let fans know how it's going.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Blast

NintyMan wrote:

“We confirmed that a Zelda game, a new Zelda experience is in development for the Wii U and we have our team hard at work on that,” Moffitt said. “We want that to be the best Zelda experience. Fans have been waiting for and deserve a game when it’s ready, when it’s fully featured and when it can live up to what we would like to deliver.”

What the...? Is this game about to go through a development nightmare? What's so bad about showing a new tiny trailer?

Master of the Hype Train

DefHalan

Blast wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

What the...? Is this game about to go through a development nightmare? What's so bad about showing a new tiny trailer?

It takes time and money to make a trailer, then that trailers sets expectations and then the game has to live up to or raise those expectations the next time they show it.

TuVictus

Sounds like it's not coming anytime soon. Again, most likely a cross-gen release is impending.

TuVictus

-Green-

Operative wrote:

Sounds like it's not coming anytime soon. Again, most likely a cross-gen release is impending.

That's what I'm imagining it's going to be. It makes sense.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

iKhan

NintyMan wrote:

I wouldn't read too much into this. Scott Moffit is a mouthpiece for Nintendo. His job is to keep the fans and the press happy while controlling the info that gets out.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic