Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 921 to 940 of 3,410

Rambler

@jump
If you gaze long enough at the malice, the malice also gazes at you

If you can play as epona, then you could sit around at the stables looking sad.

Rambler

VoidofLight

@teo_o Pikmin 4 looks identical to Pikmin 3 in the graphics department. Nothing about it seemed like something that couldn't run on switch. Same with Tears of the Kingdom. Nothing about that trailer seemed like it couldn't run on the system, or run well on the system. I feel like people are just trying to find anything to confirm "SWITCH PRO REAL?!", when it clearly isn't confirming that in the slightest, and those people are just delusional.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

VoidofLight

Am I the only one who's kind of annoyed how places keep saying that the sequel is supposed to be darker than Majora? Like the direct video on the NintendoLife channel said it, when Aounuma never said it was darker than Majora? The quote is always taken out of context. Aounuma legit said that there's no relation to Majora's Mask, and what they showed was a little darker than the original BotW. People keep taking this as "DARKEST ZELDA GAME EVER?!", which is a false promise that will only lead to disappointment.

Rambler

@VoidofLight
Maybe they've been playing with the contrast on their telly?

Rambler

Grumblevolcano

@VoidofLight When you see stuff like 3DS Neo Bowser City (MK8), Bowser - 1 (3D World, the bridge level) and NDC (Odyssey) the TotK and Pikmin 4 trailers definitely could run on the Switch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

teo_o

@VoidofLight well if that's not the nicest way of saying i'm delusional without actually saying it...LOL don't worry i won't take it personally. i'm not searching for confirmation, there's nothing in the direct that confirms new hardware. i'm making educated guesses based on the fact that everyone is expecting the announcement of some king of new hardware at some point. is nintendo supposed to support the current hardware for 6, 7 years? maybe, sure. but it would be a first, and very strange to say the least.
it's perfectly reasonable to imagine that TOTK will be a crossgen Zelda, as other Zeldas have been, including BOTW.
Come on, i'm not off to a crusade, you don't need to go as far as saying that pikmin 4 looks identical to pikmin 3 (and i won't get further on pikmin on this thread)

teo_o

VoidofLight

@teo_o Well, TotK being cross gen because others have is kind of ignoring games like Majora's Mask, Spirit Tracks, Skyward Sword, etc. Tons of new Zelda titles weren't cross gen, with the only ones that are being Twilight Princess and Breath of the Wild. Breath of the Wild, only because the Wii U was a failure and so they decided to jump ship, and Twilight Princess because that game was coming out at the end of the Gamecube's life cycle. Given the Switch doesn't really have a Zelda made specifically for it, I really feel like TotK is going to end up being a Switch game, and not on another console.

Sorry if I came off as frustrated, but I'm just sort of tired of the switch pro "we're holding this game off to release on the next console" sort of thing.

Kermit1doesmath

@VoidofLight I completely agree with you, I'll keep this short so I won't repeat you completely.

BOtW is technically a Wii U game that came out on Switch. TOtK was made with only the Switch in mind.

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

teo_o

@VoidofLight don't worry, i hear you.
Zelda has a complicated history with home consoles doesn't it? Nintendo somehow managed to make two full fledged Zeldas for each of the two worst selling consoles, the n64 and the GameCube. Then came the Wii, but somehow Skyward Sword was ready at the tail end of its life.
The switch might become historically the first console where the series shines as a hit. Can you imagine being Aonuma, having tons of ideas for DLCs, and going into the meeting to propose a direct sequel already knowing they're going to say "yes of course go ahead". That's how i picture it.

teo_o

Truegamer79

I can't believe there's so many people hoping tears of the kingdom drops the breakable weapons thing. That's one of BOTWs most defining features. I seriously doubt they'd drop it entirely. Sure maybe there should be special unbreakable weapons but dropping it all together seems like a bad idea to me.

Also was it ever actually said by Nintendo that this is a direct sequel? Link looks a bit different in this one. His hair is longer and he appears slightly more buff. Maybe the hair is customizable or something. Like possibly there's a hylian barber shop or whatever?

Anyway so yeah super hyped for this either way! I hope there's at least a small portion of the game or maybe we'll get DLC with playable zelda. A man can dream right?

Truegamer79

Kermit1doesmath

Could TOTK be a prequel to Skyward Sword? I see a few things pointing to it.

dysgraphia awareness human

FroZtedFlake

@Kermit1 It could be that it's the prequel to Skyward Sword and also the sequel to botw if the timeline really is a loop like a lot of people are speculating.

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

VoidofLight

@Kermit1 I highly highly doubt it's a prequel to Skyward Sword. People keep saying it is, but the Hyrule we see in every single shot (including the skies) is modern day Hyrule. The sky islands exist in a shot where the Castle and Death Mountain are overflowing with Malice, which is a state that they're implied to be left within after Ganondorf wakes up. We see a clip of Link on one of the sky islands in the e3 2021 trailer, and below it are modern windmills from BotW's Hyrule. Not to mention on the timeline, BotW is at the "furthest point", so it's impossible for it to really be a prequel.

JesseA

So if this is expanded botw, does that mean everything we've done or had access to in botw will be in this? It would be cool if there was some sort of integration with the old file so we could have access to all of that while playing this.

I hope they get someone else to do the voice of zelda, especially if she is a main character in this. I know some of you disagree, but to me it was awful.

Also I hope weapon durability goes too, but I'm doubtful.

JesseA

FroZtedFlake

@JesseA I doubt there'll be any carry over really, I'm sure the malice hitting his arm will be their explanation for an ability reset too.
Zelda also does get much better in Age of Calamity, I really think it's mostly just Nintendo being real bad at voice acting then, Xenoblade 3 did just come out and it has great voice acting. They'll likely keep Patricia Summersett and just have better execution of the voice acting.

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

VoidofLight

@JesseA Usually Zelda sequels don't start you out with the same abilities and stuff that you had in the original game, since the games are their own thing in their own right. Like the person before me said, it's most likely that the Malice zapped Link of his strength. We see the Master Sword is also damaged in the delay trailer, which gives more backing to the theory that Malice destroyed Link's loadout.

JesseA

I just wanted tarrytown to still be there. I wasn't even thinking of abilities.

JesseA

VoidofLight

@JesseA Ah, with that they'll probably assume you did it all, like they assume you did the shrines in the first game.

VoidofLight

I don't get why people think that this game is going to be a prequel to Skyward Sword. The "evidence" they claim to have are the sky islands, which most of them seem to have been up in the air for ages, and the Ouroboros in the logo, which they think will represent the origin of the timeline being the end of the timeline, where as it moreso could resemble the cycle of reincarnation that this series had going, given that Ouroboros represents death and rebirth.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic