Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 901 to 920 of 3,397

StarPoint

We are definitely still yet to get the 2017-tier trailer for this game. There is no way that Nintendo is going to undersell the game to us, I think they're just waiting for the right time to truly get the hype going. I personally think it would have been a little weird for them to show off a giant trailer now, knowing the release date. I appreciate these teasers as it keeps us guessing by giving us small amounts of info without giving too much away. 8 months is plenty of time to promote it further.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

gcunit

Consider the possibility that new hardware is launching around the same time as ToTK... if that were to be the case then it would make sense for Nintendo to reveal the hardware before they go big on marketing for ToTK, so that the ToTK push kills two birds with one stone. And they wouldn't reveal new hardware before late-January I'm guessing so, under that scenario, we could be waiting a bit longer for the whole milkshake.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Magician

I'm keen to see what the collectors edition will be for Tears of the Kingdom.

I hope we get magatamas on the level of those dope replica resin Dragon Balls from ABYstyle.

Untitled

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

VoidofLight

@Grumblevolcano The situation with Animal Crossing was more worrying though, since you could tell Nintendo was holding off just because they didn't have much to actually show. What they showed in the direct was everything in the game at launch, and the game lasted about a month before people dropped it due to a lack of content.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

kkslider5552000

Honestly at this point I'm not sure I even want to see any more of the game. It'd be nice for once to go into a Nintendo title this major, knowing as little about it as possible, especially since there's almost no chance I'm not buying it ASAP.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

VoidofLight

Well, apparently caves genuinely exist in this game. Zeltik did a world analysis and compared some images. There are genuinely brand new caves located in some areas.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

teo_o

@gcunit i agree. i have almost no technical insight, but i'm skeptical that what was shown about pikmin 4 can run on current hardware. or maybe it can and it's cross-gen. Some believe that nintendo could treat the switch more as a platform, with every model compatible with the previous one, much like smartphones. i know everyone is quick to point out that this was a disaster on the new 3ds, and i agree, but it's not like anyone expects genshin impact to run on a first gen iphone, but they still managed to make apple arcade a thing.
But i don't want to get off-topic, what interests me is that if tears of the kingdom is cross-gen, every new gameplay mechanic will be compatible (amiibos included please).

teo_o

Fizza

Magician wrote:

I'm keen to see what the collectors edition will be for Tears of the Kingdom.
I hope we get magatamas on the level of those dope replica resin Dragon Balls from ABYstyle.

Untitled

I can never see a magatama the same way again after playing a certain series last year.
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@teo_o If new hardware releases with TotK, that game and Pikmin 4 will certainly be playable on the current Switch given the way they revealed those games. Metroid Prime 4 is less certain given we haven't actually seen anything of the game (just the logo reveal at E3 2017) and the game has been completely missing for nearly 4 years now (restart was announced in January 2019 so probably was decided in Fall/Holiday 2018) but given even Pikmin 4's back I'd imagine Prime 4 will probably get a re-reveal around November/December 2022 reconfirming it's coming to Switch.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Rambler

Oh, I've just thought of a terrible dad joke:

Where does Zelda go for job vacancies?

(I'm sure it's as old as MP4 development, but there you go)

Rambler

StarPoint

@Fizza Same here, that's the only thing I could think of seeing all the theories about Magatamas. "You mean Psyche-locks???"

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Dogorilla

Rambler wrote:

Oh, I've just thought of a terrible dad joke:
Where does Zelda go for job vacancies?

(I'm sure it's as old as MP4 development, but there you go)

I give up. Where does Zelda go for job vacancies?

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

jump

@Dogorilla LinkedIn

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Rambler

I'm here all week, have you tried the salad, etc

Rambler

Dogorilla

@jump Of course! I believe that's also what Zelda says when she wants someone to send her the URL to the Goddess of Power's website

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Jhena

Hopefully the game will not be very dark. If it is the warm darkness of Majoras Mask okay, but please not the hopeless oh no the end of the world dark. I do not want to be in that mood for over 100 hours. And I wish the baobab area would be much bigger. It was too narrow with those mountains around.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

jump

@Jhena Meh, I like a bit of darkness myself. I'm hoping it's gonna be the video game equivalent of BoJack Horseman and it's a rabbit hole of 100+ hours of profound nuanced exploration about emptiness, depression and self destructive behaviour only instead of a talking man horse it's a mute elf.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Jhena

@jump

I am not sure if you are joking around. But if it is your hope I respect that and I hope your wish will be granted in a game I do not play

Btw: That is a bit of a lot of darkness.

Edited on by Jhena

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic