Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 941 to 960 of 1,036

Kermit1Pineapple

Could TOTK be a prequel to Skyward Sword? I see a few things pointing to it.

Currently playing: Bug Fables

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion

If I'm slow to reply thank the 502 errors

FroZtedFlake

@Kermit1 It could be that it's the prequel to Skyward Sword and also the sequel to botw if the timeline really is a loop like a lot of people are speculating.

Games I'm playing right now:
Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Switch
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch
Zelda 1 - Switch Online
Majora's Mask 3D - 3DS

VoidofLight

@Kermit1 I highly highly doubt it's a prequel to Skyward Sword. People keep saying it is, but the Hyrule we see in every single shot (including the skies) is modern day Hyrule. The sky islands exist in a shot where the Castle and Death Mountain are overflowing with Malice, which is a state that they're implied to be left within after Ganondorf wakes up. We see a clip of Link on one of the sky islands in the e3 2021 trailer, and below it are modern windmills from BotW's Hyrule. Not to mention on the timeline, BotW is at the "furthest point", so it's impossible for it to really be a prequel.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

JesseA

So if this is expanded botw, does that mean everything we've done or had access to in botw will be in this? It would be cool if there was some sort of integration with the old file so we could have access to all of that while playing this.

I hope they get someone else to do the voice of zelda, especially if she is a main character in this. I know some of you disagree, but to me it was awful.

Also I hope weapon durability goes too, but I'm doubtful.

JesseA

FroZtedFlake

@JesseA I doubt there'll be any carry over really, I'm sure the malice hitting his arm will be their explanation for an ability reset too.
Zelda also does get much better in Age of Calamity, I really think it's mostly just Nintendo being real bad at voice acting then, Xenoblade 3 did just come out and it has great voice acting. They'll likely keep Patricia Summersett and just have better execution of the voice acting.

Games I'm playing right now:
Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Switch
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch
Zelda 1 - Switch Online
Majora's Mask 3D - 3DS

VoidofLight

@JesseA Usually Zelda sequels don't start you out with the same abilities and stuff that you had in the original game, since the games are their own thing in their own right. Like the person before me said, it's most likely that the Malice zapped Link of his strength. We see the Master Sword is also damaged in the delay trailer, which gives more backing to the theory that Malice destroyed Link's loadout.

JesseA

I just wanted tarrytown to still be there. I wasn't even thinking of abilities.

JesseA

VoidofLight

@JesseA Ah, with that they'll probably assume you did it all, like they assume you did the shrines in the first game.

VoidofLight

I don't get why people think that this game is going to be a prequel to Skyward Sword. The "evidence" they claim to have are the sky islands, which most of them seem to have been up in the air for ages, and the Ouroboros in the logo, which they think will represent the origin of the timeline being the end of the timeline, where as it moreso could resemble the cycle of reincarnation that this series had going, given that Ouroboros represents death and rebirth.

kkslider5552000

Hyrule has had five different versions of an alternate dimension/universe, exactly one of which was connected to any of the others. (and in ALBW they still made up a new name for it lol) Expecting definitive continuations or timeline-centric storytelling in Zelda is a mistake unless you're dead certain.

(also even if we're pretending direct connections to other games matter that much to the Zelda team, sky islands would still exist after Skyward Sword happened, presumably (there are sky civilizations in other games))

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Misadventures of Tron Bonne Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy TRON BONNE < Link to LP

VoidofLight

@kkslider5552000 Exactly. If these sky islands are connected to Skyward Sword, at most we'll probably get like Skyloft ruins as an easter egg. There's many other sky civilizations in the series, most notably within Twilight Princess and Minish Cap.

Rambler

@VoidofLight yeah the bit on here by NL that seemed to assume that this would be a prequel to SS and that the Rito would evolve(?) into the Loftwings was actually pretty freaky if you think about it.

A once-equal race of avian humanoids becomes the pets / transport for their erstwhile allies?

[Loftwings, it's been a while since I've played the game...]

Edited on by Rambler

Rambler

jump

To explain why Link is depowered at the start of the game I hope it starts off with the now Queen Zelda dying so all of Hyrule has to take 10 days off whilst Ganon and malice destroys the world.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Kermit1Pineapple

@jump So Link will take a cat nap and wake up to find everything is in ruin and Zelda dead. Sounds like a normal 9-5 for Link.

Currently playing: Bug Fables

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion

If I'm slow to reply thank the 502 errors

Rambler

Sidon becomes ruler of Hyrule because he's a bit of a laugh, but CBA with it all so leaves it to rack and ruin, all the while talking up his fabricated achievements

Rambler

VoidofLight

@Heroofthenexus I mean, Nintendo does care about the story of the games, but they don't let story get in the way of what they want to do with each title. If they didn't care about story, we wouldn't have games like Twilight Princess or Windwaker, and it would be more akin to Mario where it's just "Kidnapped Princess needs to be rescued!".

From what it seems like to me, the Ouroboros is probably representing the cycle of reincarnation which Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf go through. The endless battle that is waged through Hyrule. It would make sense, given Ganondorf is back in this game yet again.

@Rambler Also, yeah I don't get that. I could see Rito in BotW being originally from Loftwings, but them turning into Loftwings is highly unlikely.

Grumblevolcano

One thing that hasn't been discussed here (I don't think) is the price. The vast majority of 1st party Switch games have been £49.99 but BotW and Smash Ultimate were at the higher price of £59.99. I wonder whether BotW 2 will also be at that higher price.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CJD87

@Grumblevolcano I would certainly expect 59.99 £GBP... especially if Sony can get away with 70 for TLOU p1 Remake! (nb I own both Switch and PS5)

I would pay 59.99 happily for TotK, and am sure Nintendo will have enough confidence in the quality of the game + hype/marketing to do so.

I'd loved to be proven wrong, but if I was Nintendo then I'd probably charge the higher price point.

CJD87

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic