Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 941 to 960 of 3,397

kkslider5552000

Hyrule has had five different versions of an alternate dimension/universe, exactly one of which was connected to any of the others. (and in ALBW they still made up a new name for it lol) Expecting definitive continuations or timeline-centric storytelling in Zelda is a mistake unless you're dead certain.

(also even if we're pretending direct connections to other games matter that much to the Zelda team, sky islands would still exist after Skyward Sword happened, presumably (there are sky civilizations in other games))

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

VoidofLight

@kkslider5552000 Exactly. If these sky islands are connected to Skyward Sword, at most we'll probably get like Skyloft ruins as an easter egg. There's many other sky civilizations in the series, most notably within Twilight Princess and Minish Cap.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Rambler

@VoidofLight yeah the bit on here by NL that seemed to assume that this would be a prequel to SS and that the Rito would evolve(?) into the Loftwings was actually pretty freaky if you think about it.

A once-equal race of avian humanoids becomes the pets / transport for their erstwhile allies?

[Loftwings, it's been a while since I've played the game...]

Edited on by Rambler

Rambler

Kermit1doesmath

@jump So Link will take a cat nap and wake up to find everything is in ruin and Zelda dead. Sounds like a normal 9-5 for Link.

dysgraphia awareness human

Rambler

Sidon becomes ruler of Hyrule because he's a bit of a laugh, but CBA with it all so leaves it to rack and ruin, all the while talking up his fabricated achievements

Rambler

VoidofLight

@Heroofthenexus I mean, Nintendo does care about the story of the games, but they don't let story get in the way of what they want to do with each title. If they didn't care about story, we wouldn't have games like Twilight Princess or Windwaker, and it would be more akin to Mario where it's just "Kidnapped Princess needs to be rescued!".

From what it seems like to me, the Ouroboros is probably representing the cycle of reincarnation which Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf go through. The endless battle that is waged through Hyrule. It would make sense, given Ganondorf is back in this game yet again.

@Rambler Also, yeah I don't get that. I could see Rito in BotW being originally from Loftwings, but them turning into Loftwings is highly unlikely.

Grumblevolcano

One thing that hasn't been discussed here (I don't think) is the price. The vast majority of 1st party Switch games have been £49.99 but BotW and Smash Ultimate were at the higher price of £59.99. I wonder whether BotW 2 will also be at that higher price.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CJD87

@Grumblevolcano I would certainly expect 59.99 £GBP... especially if Sony can get away with 70 for TLOU p1 Remake! (nb I own both Switch and PS5)

I would pay 59.99 happily for TotK, and am sure Nintendo will have enough confidence in the quality of the game + hype/marketing to do so.

I'd loved to be proven wrong, but if I was Nintendo then I'd probably charge the higher price point.

CJD87

RR529

Maybe the Ouroboros is a hint that the Zelda universe is connected to the Xenoblade one.

I wonder how many people will take this seriously?

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Rambler

CJD87 wrote:

@Grumblevolcano I would certainly expect 59.99 £GBP... especially if Sony can get away with 70 for TLOU p1 Remake! (nb I own both Switch and PS5)
I would pay 59.99 happily for TotK, and am sure Nintendo will have enough confidence in the quality of the game + hype/marketing to do so.

I'd loved to be proven wrong, but if I was Nintendo then I'd probably charge the higher price point.

£60 is fine, 10,000 rupees is not

Rambler

Matt_Barber

RR529 wrote:

Maybe the Ouroboros is a hint that the Zelda universe is connected to the Xenoblade one.
I wonder how many people will take this seriously?

Link already has Rex's salvager outfit, so connection confirmed!

Matt_Barber

NintendoByNature

@RR529 lol probably not. But I did see zeltik and commonwealth realm do a video on it. It made for an interesting watch even if it won't be the case.

NintendoByNature

VoidofLight

@Grumblevolcano I don't see why it would be higher than what the first BotW and Smash were. In America, most of Nintendo's first party games have been 60 bucks, aside from like WarioWare and a few smaller titles where it was only around 50.

StarPoint

Yeah I really don’t see why Nintendo would raise the game up to $70. Their mainline games have been $60 for as long as I can remember. I also don’t know why they would want to follow the practices of Squeenix, a company that is not very popular right now.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Grumblevolcano

It came to mind rewatching the September Direct. Maybe expanding on the Tarry Town side quest idea from BotW, there's an optional farming side to TotK where Link gets to look after a farm.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Rambler

Grumblevolcano wrote:

It came to mind rewatching the September Direct. Maybe expanding on the Tarry Town side quest idea from BotW, there's an optional farming side to TotK where Link gets to look after a farm.

That might be the main game. They've not said what the plot is yet.
The tears in the title may be the way Link waters the veg.

Rambler

FroZtedFlake

So how many people agree that the Zonai are likely going to be a big factor in this story?

Personally, I wasn't sure about people saying that, then we got all the exact same dragon heads from their ruins in this most recent trailer and I changed my mind pretty quickly. I'm actually a big fan of the theory that the Zonai are direct descendants of the interlopers, or the Twili.

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic