Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 561 to 580 of 3,410

jump

@teo_o The second theory I posted was the curse thingy has spread to their face but I wouldn't rule out a custom avatar feature either. It will be great to get back to the true Link who has pink hair!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

@Slowdive I mean, I love the franchise. BOTW didn't grab me as much as I hope it would, I don't hate it, I just don't like it either. Replaying it at the moment, and it still doesn't do it for me. If the sequel can fix most issues I have with this game, it's at least better than OG BOTW.

Octane

Dezzy

We saw Link use some power where it made a puddle kind of evaporate into thin air (0:48 in the trailer)

Perhaps there will be 2 different landscape-transforming events. First these islands float into the sky, then secondly Link finds a Sheikah power that drains the water from the various lakes, revealing new areas hidden below (we never see underwater in the original game).

That would certainly be a way they could justify not changing the main world map, by just adding 2 lots of new areas.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Dezzy I think that's just part of the teleportation sequence that follows. Seems like one of those Sheikah tears, but upside down. Probably a sort of fast travel to get up in the sky easily.

Octane

teo_o

@Dezzy certainly the biggest LOL.
Which brings me to story: with an overworld so big, with such big plot implications, maybe going back to skyward sword, (if confirmed) it must have a deeper plot compared to the first one. Hopes.

teo_o

Rambler

Hopefully the new arm feature will bring back the hookshot!

Either that or an Evil Dead 2 tie-in

Rambler

Octane

@Slowdive Yeah, dungeons. Enemy variety as well, but they did show new enemies in the trailer, so that's a good thing. I hope they bring back original boss fights as well, instead of those Ganon clones.

And really, there should've been a fishing rod in the original game. I'm only half joking.

Octane

WoomyNNYes

@jump I bet one dollar, link's face is the same. The body appears to be the same digital model. Although, if the power has taken over his body, they could be hiding glowing eyes.

@jump, do you ever get tired of being wrong😠
(just playing with ya. you're right, they don't show the face. and that is a curious point.)

I did notice, when they show the view looking up at the floating islands, one island, obscured by the sun, appears to be the shape of the floating castle. It could be coincidence. Oh, this pic has it. The video shows a bit more of it though (unless I,m reaching too hard, could be wrong.)
Untitled

I like those upsidedown pyramid pillars they have in the trailer. They've grown on me.

@Octane, you can delete my locked thread from this morning, if you have that ability. I was going to delete it after the direct.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

VoidofLight

@Octane Eh, I wouldn't call it "new" enemies. The only new ones we see is the one eyed statue and the worm. The others are moreso just variations of standard enemies, like the red bokoblins with weird horns and then the Moblins with tufts of hair on their head instead of horns.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

teo_o

@Rambler well, now the arm is confirmed, the sky is the limit (cringe pun intended)

teo_o

VoidofLight

@teo_o Someone actually predicted the Sky being a new area to explore as well in a theory video.

Rambler

There is definitely a sweet spot to be achieved between BOTW & OOT/MM/WW etc

I think that idea of playing a new Zelda that is not open world would now be, for me, difficult. But if that meant the small amount of tiny dungeons, identikit baddies, monochrome shirines, then I would be rather annoyed to say the least.

Have shrines, but make them reflect the regions of the map.
Have 4+ massive dungeons.
A wider range of enemy models.
(And underwater areas)

It looks like more is being added, but those things above are added/addressed, then I for one will be happy.
(Even if it is nearly the same game!)

Rambler

jump

@VoidofLight lots of people were saying the sky could be an area based on Hyrule Castle floating in the first teaser. I’ve had conversations with folk discussing the possibility of it before.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Rambler

@teo_o
That joke did me make smile! But yeah, the sky...

@Slowdive - not sure Lionel Barrymore would make a good dungeon boss?

Rambler

teo_o

Could you help my memory guys? has any zelda ever began with link not waking up from sleep?

teo_o

jump

@teo_o nope, it’s always been that as it’s traditional now.

Nicolai wrote:

JoyBoy

I want Link to fall out of the sky sleeping and then waking up and have this dreadful expression on his face.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Octane

@WoomyNNYes Nope, it's going to be archived for all eternity, mwuhahah!

@VoidofLight Those were the ones I was talking about, not the moblins (though at least they're also shaking that up with them riding a golem, it's better than nothing). Though looking at the trailer again, I'm not entirely convinced the statue thing is an enemy.

@Slowdive Just like how they give you the opportunity to buy a house, but only allow you to store three swords, shields and bows. Just put a chest there you can put stuff in.

Octane

VoidofLight

@Octane I was thinking the Statue looked like a boss honestly.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic