Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 541 to 560 of 3,410

Eel

Remember when the internet thought BotW Link was a girl?

Anyhow it's entirely possible that the game takes place in different time periods with some sort of ancient Link being playable in the past.

And it's also possible its just the same Link with a different armor set, and they're just being mysterious for the sake of it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jump

@Eel They have been known to have pink hair and wear earrings...is Link gender fluid?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Eel

@jump pink hair? earrings?

That's just describing different incarnations of Link!

(Unless by 'they' you meant the Links )

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

teo_o

My god i'm so watching this frame by frame tonight.
Couple of things: many sky islands seem to have little temples or chaples, which could indicate that they'll be something like "open shrines", at least this is what it suggests to me.
Then there's the return of elements, in particular i'm very interested in the dragon head placed on the shield that spits fire, has it something to do with the Zonai?
How much archeology will play a role, with the added component of what it seems to be time warping elements?
BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY: please guys help me find a frame where we can confirm the comeback of the minish tribe!!

teo_o

VoidofLight

@jump The pink hair isn't even canonically Pink. It was just a graphical error in A Link To The Past.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Dezzy

@jump

1) Topless in the first scene in the sky, so not a girl.
2) Link's right arm gets attacked, the same arm the character in the sky has transformed.
3) Link uses his right arm on the ground to activate Shiekah powers (the right arm in the sky is shiekah styled)
4) Exact same animations for both characters.
5) Using the exact same glider when in the sky as on the ground.
6) Why would they make a game with islands in the sky where you have a glider if you couldn't glide from the islands to the world below? (and therefore be the same character in both)
7) It's Link.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jump

@VoidofLight It's pride month. Stop trying to shame Link into being binary! ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

HannahRPG

@jump So pink hair automatically makes someone gender-fluid now?

HannahRPG

jump

@Dezzy That's all very well and good but it's still not touching my point though, why the deliberate concealing of his face?

Nicolai wrote:

JoyBoy

Yeah... That's Link.

What's up with that green/blueish substance Link can portal through? Could make for some interesting dungeon ideas.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

teo_o

@jump Mmmh, could it be that we already had a "cinematics" trailer and this time around people clearly wanted to see gameplay?

teo_o

Dezzy

@jump

You're assuming it's deliberate. They probably just didn't even think of it, given that it's such a short trailer.

jump

@teo_o there’s been plenty of cinematic trailers from the last few days where they show the main characters face. I’m not saying it is or isn’t just throwing out a theory which may or may not be right but the editing went out of its way to hide “his” face which at the very least could lead to something important rather than being written off as Nintendo are just bad at editing.

Nicolai wrote:

teo_o

@jump sure! i find it strange too! it is rather explicit: after the few frames where his arm gets chopped, we never see his face for the rest of the trailer, they could be hiding an important scar.
It totally could be!

Edited on by teo_o

teo_o

teo_o

So the gameplay sections are at 30 fps of course, which gives us absolutley no clue for a "pro" version.

teo_o

Octane

Maybe it's Tingle in disguise?

Octane

Dezzy

Will this be the longest-in-development-sequel-that-reuses-all-the-assets-from-the-original-to-save-dev-time.......game ever?

teo_o

@jump even wilder hunch: the port of miitopia introduces an expanded Mii creation tool, which we know botw was based on.
Maybe you can add al sorts of embellishments to link's face.

Edited on by teo_o

teo_o

VoidofLight

@Dezzy I mean, we still don't know anything about it, or how it's different.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic