Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 521 to 540 of 3,410

Anti-Matter

LOL
When I saw the flying Link image, I thought it looked similar with the animation of airflow, the song from Beatmania IIDX 8th style.
Take a look.
youtube:z0keSDaacmQ

Edited on by Octane

Anti-Matter

Henmii

@Octane,

If its all Link, then he looks vastly different in every shot (could also be the clothes though). When he's falling from the sky he looks more like Kid Icarus (but of course he isn't kid Icarus). In one shot he has strange, almost Ganondorf-like hair. In those shots they don't show the faces. Sorry If I sound a bit vague.

Henmii

Octane

@Anti-Matter Take it easy with all the videos and images, it looks like you're working for some advertising agency at this point. Just share a link when it's off-topic.

Octane

Buizel

@jump but has BotW been placed on the timeline? Is there a reason why it couldn't go before Skyward Sword? (other than Aonuma saying, to this very day, that SS is the start of the legend...but he could be throwing us off?)

Given that we have a branching timeline I don't think a cyclical one would be out of the realm of possibility either...

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

VoidofLight

@Henmii There's a slight possibility it's either just a new outfit or a past hero which was holding ganondorf down. Doubt it's Ganon or Zelda though.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Dezzy

@VoidofLight

I doubt they would've taken this long making it if the world is just the same but with some new floating islands. That's like a $15 DLC idea, not a whole new game that took 4 years to make idea.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jump

I wouldn’t rule out controlling Zelda on the land and Link is in the sky so you play as both of them or something like that. It’s too odd they are avoiding showing the character’s face and the arm thingy was missing in a few shots I think. I need to rewatch it with that in mind to check.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

@Henmii Eh, BOTW had dozens of costumes, wouldn't be surprised if hair customisation was a thing now as well.

Octane

VoidofLight

@jump They show Link both on the land and in the sky. I really feel it's just going to be Link again, which I sort of prefer. I really do hope they don't just make Zelda captured the whole game though, and do more with her.

-Juice-

@timleon The Goddess Statue that was in Skyloft is on the ground in BotW, which is where it was at the end of Skyward Sword. The fact that the Master Sword exists also means that the events of Skyward Sword have already happened. Then there is the existence of the Temple of Time and Lon Lon Ranch.

Furthermore, Hylians were a sky-race. Them being on the ground in BotW means that the events of SS have already taken place.

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

dionysos283

I'm not so fond of the sky islands idea we already had in Skyward Sword. I'm also a bit disappointed that the game isn't dark and scary after all. I was hoping for some Majora's Mask vibes. But it still looks interesting. Looking forward to some more details!

dionysos283

jump

@VoidofLight I'm not conivinved it is Link at all yet, when I can look into his dazzling blue eyes then I will be convinced.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Dezzy

How could it not be Link? The version on the ground is clearly Link. It's the exact same character model and outfit from the first game. He also uses the Shieka power with his right arm, which is the same arm the character in the sky has morphed into some Shieka-tech. They're both the same character clearly.

VoidofLight

@jump I mean, it has to be Link, given that the surface version is literally wearing his tunic and ponytail. The one in the sky is also him due to the robotic hand.

Dezzy

You do actually see it's Link look. Here's his arm being consumed by that black magic at the beginning:

Untitled

jump

@Dezzy @VoidofLight Why didn't you see his face then? ;p

Nicolai wrote:

teo_o

@Dezzy this is so Prince Ashitaka
EDIT:
Actually, i'm REALLY curious about the shots with the bow and the new arm.

Edited on by teo_o

teo_o

Dezzy

@jump

Because you're normally facing away from the camera when you're playing? So as a matter of chance, it's not something you'd necessarily see.

There's the scene where his arm gets possessed, the same arm the character in the sky has transformed. That's pretty conclusive for me.

jump

@Dezzy That's just bad editing then. We have seen loads of trailers over the last few days where you can still see their face clearly. It could be a different reason like the curse thingy is on his face too but them not showing the characters face is too suspicious to ignore.

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic