Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 501 to 520 of 3,410

jump

@Dezzy Well yeah, but in the context of the post I replied to was what was the "story" reason.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Dezzy

@jump

Yeah but that's just story stuff that's made up on the fly, and pretty much everyone knows that. They could easily invent a reason to do the same thing again!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

So, there's a good chance there will be some dungeons in the sky. But why don't see any of that in that last shot?

Octane

jedgamesguy

I screamed during this trailer. Over and over... until I accepted that THIS IS REAL!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

WoomyNNYes

Open world BOTW was so cool, I"m not sure I'm into the sky islands. Maybe, those are the new shrines.

edit: rewatched the trailer twice. There's some interesting stuff in there to unpack. new enemies, link has blaster gun on left arm when he's in the cave shooting that tendril monster.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Henmii

Hmm, only a sneakpeak and not out this year. Looks like different playable characters, wich might be nice. But please no, no Skyward sword approach! I already get the feeling that it is more lineair, like some people predicted. Please no!

Henmii

Dezzy

I'm so happy! Looks incredible. Although the fact that they didn't even give it a name is a bit ominous. That's a "it'll probably launch in the 2nd half of 2022" kind of move.

Also, I totally called it! Several pages back on this thread I said if they reuse the same open world, they'll probably have some kind of event that transforms the landscape in some way. I think I suggested flooding as an example. Lol I chose the wrong past-game obviously. It was a SS transformation, not a WW transformation.

Edited on by Dezzy

jump

They are trying very hard to not show the playble character's face...

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Dezzy

@jump

Well they're topless in the first shot, so I'm pretty sure it's Link. Or it's gonna get raunchy.

NintendoByNature

@jump the only time I think you see links face is about 6-7 seconds in they show malice getting his arm. And judging by the later clips of someone flying thru the sky or riding the paraglider, I'm pretty sure it's the same link/character since the arm looks to be mechanical or something.

NintendoByNature

Buizel

Is it at all possible that this could be a prequel to Skyward Sword? I'm not so invested in the lore to answer this but the thought crossed my mind. The timeline is pretty nonsensical as it is with branching timelines, so I'm sure nothing's out the realms of possibility here.

But dang, this looks great. Not enough shown to make a solid impression, but it looks like they're going to take what works and put a spin on it, which is enough to get me interested.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

jump

@Snaplocket you saw her (including her face) fall through the ground at the start.

Nicolai wrote:

jump

@timleon they said it’s 2 years after BOTW, so it’s not a prequel to Skyward Sword.

Nicolai wrote:

Dezzy

@jump

The "2 years" was referring to how long since we saw anything IRL. Not in-game.

Octane

@Eel Could be..!

@Henmii Where did you see different playable characters? It's all Link.

Octane

kkslider5552000

They showed nothing other than that they're adding new, kinda nuts abilities and its partially in the sky. Like they're implying Link can go through floors now?!

I'm glad they showed something but I'm gonna wait until we see more before I even have an opinion on it.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

VoidofLight

While I'm excited, it kind of concerns me that most of Hyrule is the same as BotW from what we've seen, except for the flying islands. Glad they're not forcing you to play as Zelda, or to have her as an AI companion though.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic