Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 481 to 500 of 3,410

VoidofLight

@Rambler I honestly wish that they did something were if you 100% completed the game, it gave ganon enough time to regenerate his body completely, so you'd have to fight a version of Calamity Ganon that's more humanoid, and maybe more powerful.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Solaine

@VoidofLight I know it was a typo, but the thought of Link screaming "yipeeee" instead of his usual grunts seems hilarious to me

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

VoidofLight

@Solaine I read that in a child Anakin's voice, which made this comment even better.

jedgamesguy

VoidofLight wrote:

I read that in a child Anakin's voice, which made this comment even better.

Me: looks at Nintendo’s Twitter feed Now THIS is podracing!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

VoidofLight

@damien33ad I doubt they'll be in this game, since if you compare the picture of the overworld at the end of the BotW 2 trailer to the picture of the overworld from the original games, many Shrines and towers that should be in the same exact spot are just straight up gone.

However, we don't know for sure if the shrines are in-fact gone for good, since we only have the one trailer to go off of, but for now.. it really seems that way.

Dezzy

@VoidofLight

If they do keep the shrines, they're hardly gonna put them in all the exact same places. That would ruin the fun of having to find them.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jump

Also the Shrines didn't appear until the first tower was activated the same could apply to 2 so you just can't see them yet and it's a trailer, they may shows things out of context or not even in the final version.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

I kinda hope they bring back the dungeons instead...

Octane

Octane

@DomGC I mean, yes and no. Visually the shrines were boring. They all looked the same, they didn't have any unique bosses or mid bosses. Additionally, a third of them were simple combat shrines, there were a bunch of ''free'' shrines, and a bunch of brain-dead easy ones. The ones that genuinely impressed me can be counted on one hand.

I like that they tried to focus more on the puzzle aspect with the shrines, but because there were so short, there was hardly any room to introduce more complex puzzles, since each shrine had be playable on its own. In larger dungeons they can follow up puzzles, or introduce new elements. A few shrines did this, but usually no more than two or three increments of the same concept.

Just combine the puzzle aspect of the shrines with the dungeons, and it's a win-win.

Octane

Solaine

@Octane @DomGC I agree with Octane here. Sure, there was just a large quantity of shrines with puzzles, compared to the older games but they felt so lackluster and similar to me. The design was always the same and i am not really sure what you mean by interesting puzzles...
But actually the shrines wouldn't be that much of a problem to me if the divine beasts wouldn't have been just the same more or less. Always the same sci-fi design and always a giant robot to move. The first time was cool but after that it was just always the same principle...Why not theme the dungeons again so they feel more unique?

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Ralizah

There's no story reason for shrines to exist in BotW2, and Nintendo will want to distinguish the sequel from its predecessor anyway, so I doubt shrines are coming back.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Solaine

@Ralizah Why is there no story reason for shrines to exist in BotW2? We don't really know anything about the game and they could just stick with the whole Sheika theme inside Dungeons

jump

@Solaine They mean their function was completed in the previous game, they were created to help Link get strong enough to smack Ganon around. Now that he's been smacked around and already been used there will need to be something to explain why they were created, kept separate from the others and why Link didn't find them last time.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Ralizah

Right. Shrines fulfilled their purpose.

Moreover, direct story sequels in the Zelda series like Majora's Mask and Phantom Hourglass tend to be radically different from their predecessors.

Anyway, BotW's approach primarily worked because of how big a shift it was from preceding Zelda games. That trick won't work now. Especially with it being set in the same world. Nintendo is going to want to shift the focus of the game somewhat.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Solaine

@jump Fair enough, but still: they can just easily be activated by some new device. Like, being buried again, it's far easier than to think of something completely different. We kinda saw the hyrule castle rise in the trailer already so i guess other stuff can rise and reveal new shrines as well. Of course not the same shrines, but all i am saying is, that it is not too far fetched to have shrines again

VoidofLight

Link canonically completed every shrine, so I doubt there’s going to be more.

Diddy64

I should apologize again, since I wasn't clear about my post in the 488 comment. I was doing different things at that time and didn't check my post until now. What I truly meant is that I do like Wind Waker and like how most of the islands had 2 pieces of hearts. When I mentioned TP and Majora's Mask was to meant that I also like them due having more pieces of hearts than other Zeldas (whether be 2D or 3D). Sorry if my previous post made it look like I didn't like it.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Rambler

VoidofLight wrote:

@Rambler I honestly wish that they did something were if you 100% completed the game

I love that idea! A boss rush of the various Ganons might be a bit dull, but having a special version for post-endgame sounds brilliant

Rambler

Dezzy

jump wrote:

@Solaine They mean their function was completed in the previous game, they were created to help Link get strong enough to smack Ganon around.

Nah, I'd say their main function was to create an incentive to explore the whole map. Which most people just wouldn't bother doing if there were only 6 big dungeons.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic