Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 8,741 to 8,760 of 11,404

Magician

@RupeeClock I don't believe LRG potentially releasing Doom Eternal physically is controversial in the slightest. LRG are now official Xbox partners. Bethesda themselves have already passed on releasing Doom Eternal physically. Given customer's choices are either a limited release or not at all, I'd take the limited release in a heartbeat. Even if the standard edition were say...$70?

I assume those 32GB cartridges aren't cheap.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

RupeeClock

@Magician
I can see a lot of the wider public belly-aching that they can't just buy Doom Eternal off a store shelf or Amazon, and only have "one chance" to get it on LRG "before it sells out".
Because LRG just cannot shake that image of things selling out instantly, even though the majority of their Switch releases are now open pre-order including their collector's editions.

But yeah, 32GB cartridges I can understand are not cheap. It's something that CD Projekt Red did for their Witcher 3 release however, so why not a bigger company like Bethesda?

RupeeClock

Zuljaras

@Magician @RupeeClock
I think it is possible just like Divinity Original Sin 2. The Xbox One and PS4 physical releases were done in normal distribution worldwide but the Switch version was done by LRG. It was 60$ for the normal version which is the most expensive normal version from all of their releases.

Magician

RupeeClock wrote:

1printgames' next three releases are Neo Cab, Eternal Radiance, and Paradise Killer.
These offerings aren't as strong as their first three releases.

Respectfully I disagree. Sure, Eternal Radiance is a run-of-the-mill action/rpg. However, Neo Cab and Paradise Killer might be their best releases to date (with Kero Blaster being their strongest) depending on your genre preferences. I'll be buying the triple pack again...assuming it'll still be available when I get home from work in a few hours.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Paraka

@RupeeClock - Definitely a more heavily narrative driven games, that's for sure.

Paraka

RupeeClock

@Paraka
I don't have a problem with narrative driven or visual novel games, but Neo Cab by itself doesn't really grab me despite praise from Nintendo Life.
Paradise Killer completely flew under my radar though, I might be convinced to get it.

RupeeClock

Paraka

@RupeeClock - Didn't say you were, just pointing out the range is more narrow in the experience, so it doesn't hit the same way.

However, I am open to them all, but I do feel the first forray was the superior picks.

Paraka

Miadaskate

Ugh, I would love a Spiritfarer physical release.

And yeah, those 1Print game reveals are awful.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

RupeeClock

Looks like Premium Edition Games are doing a Direct presentation of their on soon.
Friday, May 28th at 9 PM ET over on their YouTube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/c/PremiumEditionGames/videos

They will confirm the pre-order date for A Robot Named Fight! and apparently "more awesome announcements".
I'm looking forward to pre-ordering ARNF! anyway.

RupeeClock

Magician

Rims Racing is open to preorder on AmazonJP; English is supported according to the product description. Meh, I don't care for sim-racers, but somebody round these parts might be interested.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B095P54HJ9

P.S. - The AmazonNA preorder page for King's Bounty II has been created, but the preorder isn't live yet.
https://www.amazon.com/Kings-Bounty-II-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B09...

Edited on by Magician

Miadaskate

Received a green postcard in the mail today that says “They’re Coming”. Immediately went to Google to join all the others that have received one. People think it’s a gaming marketing thing from iam8bit. However, people also think it’s related to Coldplay or Fortnite. Coldplay is kinda meh but I’ve never played Fortnite. I have purchased several iam8bit games. If you’ve bought a game from them or you’re in they’re mailing list, chances are one will be coming your way.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

RupeeClock

@Miadaskate
I get the feeling they might not bother doing this for UK customers like myself, can you show what the green postcard looks like?

Reminds me of those ominous prank calls you'd get in Sims 1 though.
Untitled

RupeeClock

Magician

@Miadaskate @RupeeClock

I received three of the mysterious green cards last week.

It's an interesting piece of viral marketing.

Since the cards are from California, I think the assumption they're from iam8bit is correct.

RupeeClock

The news that iam8bit are publishing Spiritfarer is great, and looks to be getting a wider physical release like with the Ori games.

https://spiritfarer.iam8bit.com/en-us

Their landing page says pre-orders opening soon, available July 27th.
I'm not clear if that's a release date, or when they're opening pre-orders, but it's probably the former.
Either way, I'll be placing an order for it alongside Mutazione and Manifold Garden.

RupeeClock

Magician

@RupeeClock

Spiritfarer from iam8bit? Splendid. That's one game I can remove from my list of LRG E3 hopeful announcements, opening up more possibilities.

Miadaskate

@RupeeClock I don’t know how to share that here, but just Google “They’re here postcard”, and you’ll see.

It appears it may be a viral marketing partnership between iam8bit and Fortnite. Color me disappointed.

Currently Playing :

Magician

Blaster Master Zero 3 via LRG, preorders open June 4th.

RupeeClock

@Magician
Cool, might as well considering I got the first two from them.
Even though there's the triple pack getting released in Japan and Asia.

RupeeClock

Magician

Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games is open to preorder on AmazonNA.

Really looking forward to grabbing a copy once the msrp drops to $20 a few months after release.
https://www.amazon.com/Tokyo-2020-Olympic-Games-Nintendo-Swit...

P.S. - The Falconeer is open to preorder on Shop4.
https://www.shop4megastore.com/nintendo-switch-games/the-falc...

P.P.S. - Ultra Age is open to preorder on P-A.
https://www.play-asia.com/ultra-age-english/13/70ej6p

Edited on by Magician

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic