Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 8,721 to 8,740 of 11,394

Monkeido

@RupeeClock You're definitely right about that and it seems like a great game, I even gifted it on Steam to a friend of mine who had it on his wishlist. I can't deny I only want to own games physically which I think are worth it to me, personally. Something I want to own and might go back to years from now, which indeed has nothing to do with playtime. ^^' I don't know, I already think I spend too much money on games as it is, so my standards have shifted a bit.. especially because I am very into roguelike games, so something like The Binding of Isaac gave me hundreds of hours of enjoyment. I still think Inmost looks great though and if I had more money to spare, I definitely would've bought it.

Monkeido

GrailUK

Has anyone managed to pre order a copy of Game Builder Garage physical yet? And if so, from where? Do you think the Japanese version will support English?

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Magician

@GrailUK According to the Japanese eShop, GBG will support English.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

RupeeClock

@GrailUK
Bazaar-Bazaar has it available, and has recently started stocking Limited Run Game releases.
https://www.bazaar-bazaar.com/collections/nintendo/genre_import
https://www.bazaar-bazaar.com/products/game-builder-garage-ja...
I plan to order it from there if 365games decide not to stock it. I've shopped from Bazaar-Bazaar before and had a good experience each time.

Play-asia is also stocking JP/Asia/US region copies.
https://www.play-asia.com/search/game+builder+garage
It baffles me why they're skipping Europe for this release.

RupeeClock

GrailUK

@Magician @RupeeClock Thanks guys. Yeah, EU not getting a physical is a head scratcher. I can only assume it has to do with Brexit and Europe is now seen as 2 regions (logistically) and makes it less desirable to release stuff (just guessing)

RupeeClock

What it going on with the SteelBook pre-orders for Skyward Sword HD anyway?
365games had it listed for £49.99 when I first checked, and actually went up to £52.99 during the time it took me to cancel my previous order to place the new one, and when I checked back later the item was de-listed.
And then it shows up on their sister site stop4megastore for a whopping $74.99?
https://www.shop4megastore.com/nintendo-switch-games/the-lege...

Still an affordable price over on Game.co.uk, and will show up on Nintendo UK Store soon most likely.

RupeeClock

Paraka

@GrailUK - The reason may be questionable, but the practice isn't. NA didn't get Brain Training physical either, so it's a toss up.

Also noticed there is a LOT more code-ib-a-box releases in EU when importing. Which is curious.

Paraka

BruceCM

Ooh, I hadn't even realised that the Game version was the steelbook.... I preordered it there awhile ago, since I had the money in my wallet for it

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

GrailUK

@Paraka Ah, there was some sort of license issue in America if I remember (can't remember the ins and outs lol)

Magician

Need another anime rpg?

Preorders for Made In Abyss and Ni No Kuni II are open on AmazonNA.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Belexes

RupeeClock wrote:

Abylight Studios recently opened pre-orders for a collector's edition of Cursed Castilla EX.
https://abylight.com/buy/cursed-castilla-collectors-edition/
49.95€ and shipping this summer.

There is a good chance that Limited Run Games will distribute a North American version like they have with Hyper Light Drifter, which still has stock available on both sites.

Was announced today by LRG for NA. I love Ghosts 'N' Goblins so this is an easy decision for me to pick up. Hoping G 'N' G Resurrection gets a physical at some point. I have been holding off buying the digital release.

Belexes

RupeeClock

@Belexes
Which is cool by me, I'll end up getting that version as I'll just bundle it with an LRG order towards the end of June for Castlevania collection, the Double Dragon games, and whatever else they might introduce.

25 physical game announcements planned for LRG3 on Monday June 14th.

RupeeClock

Paraka

@RupeeClock - I asked for Summer to be a little easier on my wallet.

It did not listen, I predict a shadow drop after the presentation as well.

Paraka

RupeeClock

@Paraka
Oh I wasn't expecting this to be any easier, it's E3 after all.

The biggest expense could potentially be a Switch Pro, if Nintendo finally play their hand.

RupeeClock

Paraka

@RupeeClock - I dunno if Nintendo is willing to do that this early (yes I said early). They're dominating due to their competition having troubles with getting their tech and shipping it out the door.

Because of that, people are defaulting to a baseline Switch, and it benefits them as it makes them able to buy a game or two in the process.

Paraka

RupeeClock

@Paraka
It's unusual to go 4 years without a hardware refresh at this point, but these are also unusual times with the silicon shortages and the ongoing pandemic.
Still, it's what I'm hoping for. There's a lot of games I want a real performance boost out of.

RupeeClock

Paraka

@RupeeClock - There is no natural law to it, though. We by nature just expect it cause we see relative patterns.

Paraka

Magician

RupeeClock wrote:

25 physical game announcements planned for LRG3 on Monday June 14th.

@RupeeClock Exceedingly exciting. So many possibilities. I assume Contra Collection is a given, possibly even the Konami Collection. But I have not-so-secret hopes for Double Dragon & Kunio-kun Collection, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, Spiritfarer, Huntdown, and Gnosia. But if their presentation doesn't end with Doom Eternal...I'll be mildly disappointed.

RupeeClock

@Magician
Doom Eternal could be a controversial reveal, because it signals that Bethesda are unwilling to do such a retail release without handing it off to someone else.
I'm also looking forward to a Spiritfarer announcement, and maybe even Gnosia.

In more immediate news, 1printgames are going to be revealing their next three releases in about 2 hours from this post.

RupeeClock

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic