Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 11,461 to 11,480 of 11,523

Magician

Neon Blood physical release coming to Europe.

[Edited by Magician]

Switch Physical Collection - 1,275 games (as of July 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Paraka

Well, finally got around to adding all my games together that have arrived. So I finally surpassed the 1800 mark.

And everyone celebrate game #1800; Eiyuden Chronicles: Hundred Heroes, with the runner up being Shadows Over Loathing.

Paraka

Teksetter

@Paraka
That would be a huge task just to catalog them all - congratulations!
I guess you could call it Eiyuden Chronicles: Eighteen Hundred Heroes

I went into my excel sheet just for kicks - I'm at 306 physical Switch games, with 25 more currently preordered and awaiting delivery. Some 5 or so of those were from Strictly Limited Games, so they may never arrive at this rate...

Incidentally, my number 300 was Space Invaders Invincible Collection. It was an in-stock sale item from SLG.

Switch FC: SW-5760-3019-8223
(player name is Beesh)

Paraka

@Teksetter - That's clever, actually.

But keeping catalogue is easy when you start the moment you start collecting. Something I have been doing since the N64. Just so much easier to keep an eye on.

Also learned about and started using Gameye app as well, which also reports on prices too.

Paraka

Teksetter

Paraka wrote:

But keeping catalogue is easy when you start the moment you start collecting.

I hear you there — it’s definitely much easier to log everything in real time than it is to backtrack and try to enter data retroactively.
I started my game collection sheet in 2022, mainly just for my Switch games, but trying to sleuth out details on my 2017-2021 purchases was tiresome and still not complete.

Given time, I might build the sheet out to include my older possessions. Maybe I’ll be able to include details like date of purchase and which store in Japan or the US I bought at, if the receipts in the boxes haven’t faded blank.

But there would be so much more data to reminisce about if I started cataloging years ago, as you did! Better late than never, though! It’s a fun exercise, either way.

(player name is Beesh)

Magician

Lots of preorders inbound coming off of yesterday's Direct. ESRB copies for Marvel vs. Capcom Fighting Collection, Romancing Saga 2 Remake, Dragon Quest III, Ace Attorney Investigations, Wacky World of Sports, Farmagia, etc.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Zuljaras

After the LRG showcase I was only interested in Wolfenstein II The New Colossus (re-release), Star Wars Dark Forces Remaster and Beyond Good and Evil.

Teksetter

I visited my local GameStop to get my preorders in for Marvel vs. Capcom Collection, LOZ: Echoes of Wisdom, and Mario & Luigi Brothership, but nothing is listed yet! I thought they’d have everything set up in their system by now! Or maybe I’m just being impatient.

They did have Wild Byasturds* listed, so I signed up for a copy of that, at least.

@Zuljaras
Thanks for reminding me about the LRG presentation today! Star Wars: Dark Forces is definitely on my radar, but I’ll have to watch their show and see if there’s anything else I’ll want.

[Edited by Teksetter]

(player name is Beesh)

Hamstrman

@Teksetter yeah it's weird how only play Asia has Mario and Luigi, Metroid Prime 4, and LoZ. They always want to be first even if a game isn't confirmed. I imagine it works out for them for people who want to lock in their preorders.

There's like a dozen games in the last two weeks that I'm so so excited about. Balatro, Slay the Princess, Cassette Beasts, the new Life is Strange, Outer Wilds, Animal Well, Cocoon, Chants of Sennaar, Umbraclaw. And of course the aforementioned.

Exciting times!

Hamstrman

GrailUK

@Zuljaras 'only' lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Magician

Preorders for Balatro are popping up at retailers in Murica.

Still the highest-rated indie game of 2024? Probably a shoe-in for an award or two at TGAs.

Teksetter

I am absolutely certain I would become addicted to Balatro, and so I'm avoiding it!

Yesterday I had better luck at Gamestop: I was able to preorder the Marvel vs. Capcom collection. And what wonderful news that the game reportedly is complete on the cart!
Still no Mario & Luigi Brothership or LoZ: Echoes of Wisdom listings yet, though...
I'll have to check and see if I can reserve my copy of the expanded Atari 50 steelbook, next time I visit.

Hamstrman wrote:

Yeah it's weird how only play Asia has Mario and Luigi, Metroid Prime 4, and LoZ. They always want to be first even if a game isn't confirmed. I imagine it works out for them for people who want to lock in their preorders.

Yes I've noticed that, too: Playasia always seems to open up preorders very early. I guess they've found some very reliable suppliers and haven't been forced to cancel peoples' preorders often?

I agree we're living in exciting times for game releases! Of those games you listed, I've ordered Animal Well and Outer Wilds, and I'm tempted by Umbraclaw and Cocoon. So much for a quiet sendoff for the Switch! Thus far in 2024 I've ordered 59 games. I might overtake the 90 games I bought in 2023!

(player name is Beesh)

Hamstrman

Teksetter wrote:

Hamstrman wrote:

Yeah it's weird how only play Asia has Mario and Luigi, Metroid Prime 4, and LoZ. They always want to be first even if a game isn't confirmed. I imagine it works out for them for people who want to lock in their preorders.

Yes I've noticed that, too: Playasia always seems to open up preorders very early. I guess they've found some very reliable suppliers and haven't been forced to cancel peoples' preorders often?

I agree we're living in exciting times for game releases! Of those games you listed, I've ordered Animal Well and Outer Wilds, and I'm tempted by Umbraclaw and Cocoon. So much for a quiet sendoff for the Switch! Thus far in 2024 I've ordered 59 games. I might overtake the 90 games I bought in 2023!

I meant more like they'll put up a preorder instantly to get all the sales from people looking to buy day one of an announcement. They'll literally be the only search result for shopping.

They've listed games that turn out to never get made. It's so much easier to cancel everyone's preorder of a game that ends up not happening physically and apologizing (What else are they gonna do? There's no game!) but for every game they guessed right, they got all those upfront sales.

It's like how certain media outlets want to be the first to announce things like election results or breaking news. If you report on something first, everyone is watching you because all the other media is either quiet or unsure. You have to weigh that with the risk of being wrong and having to walk it back. People want instant gratification. I'm struggling to not buy my NA games from play Asia just from being impatient.

Hamstrman

Teksetter

@Hamstrman
I catch your drift! Playasia seems deliberately "optimistic" when they open their preorders way out ahead of everyone else. I'm sure they like that visibility at the head of the line!

...And now I hear of another physical I'll need to preorder! Astral Ascent preorders opened up on Limited Run yesterday, and it's a title I've been waiting for.

EDIT: Actually, I goofed... Astral Ascent preorders on LRG don't open up until tomorrow, June 28th.

[Edited by Teksetter]

(player name is Beesh)

Hamstrman

@Teksetter hell yeah! I've been waiting for Astral Ascent too! And now Virgo vs the Zodiac. It just doesn't stop.

Hamstrman

Grumblevolcano

Seems that Outer Wilds got silently delayed. Was planned to release tomorrow (June 27th) but now retailers are showing August 30th.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Bunkerneath

Keeping my eye out for Little Big Adventure remake physical, as they did show it at the end of the trailer:

Fall 2024 supposedly, also Microids are good for physicals

[Edited by Bunkerneath]

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Teksetter

@Hamstrman
Yeah, Astral Ascent looked excellent in the review here on NL and I was hoping it would get a physical. I will hold off on preordering for a few weeks, though, in case LRG announces anything else that I could bundle into a shipment. That definitive "all on the cart" version of Wolfenstein 2 is going to get me to buy.

I hadn't heard of Virgo vs. the Zodiac before, but it looks entertaining, too! These astrological games are a thing now, I guess...

(player name is Beesh)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic