Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 11,141 to 11,160 of 11,456

RupeeClock

@catsnpizzas @Magician
As a reminder, Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl also had the full game, but it was a badly half-baked version that lacked a title screen, had unfinished music tracks, etc.

Pikmin 1+2 actually hides a "download required" notice on the back of the box.
It says "Download required (152.2 MB): Dutch and Asian language support"
Given that it's ports of the Wii versions of GameCube classics though, it stands to reason the game really is complete.

RupeeClock

Cynas

As a reminder, Persona 4 just went up for pre-order at LRG today. Currently P3P is still available for pre-order too, so if you waited until both were up to save on shipping now is the time.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Paraka

@RupeeClock - BD/SP does have a rare revision out in the open if you can find it, however. Pikmin is running complete without updates, can confirm directly.

Something I doubt Square will do.

Paraka

Magician

Unintentional or dirty pool?

If anyone else is aiming for a complete set of LRG numbered releases, pay close attention to release #212, Another Crusade. If you were to go to the store drop table for Nintendo Switch, only the $60 edition is listed.

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/nintendo-switch-games

You either have had to Googled release #212 or entered it into LRG's search bar to locate the $35 standard copy. Shame shame you know your name.

Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,257 games (as of June 4th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Paraka

@Magician - Yeah, their numbering is also a bit off too, with This Way to Madness also having another number too. Eyes on a swivel.

Also, I took the personal hit and bought the Annapurna collection.

One thing I want to point out is they make it a clear indicator of a "Collector's Edition," implying there MAY be a base version in the works. But I will confirm with you all how the 200 giant works out.

Paraka

Magician

Well now I know why Special Reserve haven't opened very many preorders lately.

Sounds as though they're exiting the boutique space and are just going full retail.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SpecialReserveGames/

Edit: P.S. - Darkside Detective 2 from Super Rare on the 9th.

PS5 copies will include DD1.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

I can't remember who around here wanted a copy, but Lost Words is 50% off on AmazonNA.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJFLFLF3

Hamstrman

Magician wrote:

Edit: P.S. - Darkside Detective 2 from Super Rare on the 9th.

PS5 copies will include DD1.

Ugh was really hoping they'd do a duology for switch too the way axiom verge had a double pack after they had already released the first game. The PS5 version is cheaper than the switch version with one game on it too. With the original DD at around $80 on ebay... Sigh.

Hamstrman

Teksetter

LRG sent me a shipment notice for my standard edition copies of Atari Mania and Radiant Silvergun! It’s been a long wait. 😐

There’s too much to play this time of year, but I still appreciate the shipment timing - lately Radiant S news has been popping up since it debuted on Steam recently. I never picked it up for my Saturn back then so I t’ll be nice to finally try the game out!

I just thought I’d share in case anyone else was awaiting word. Maybe this will inspire SLG to ship one of my ancient preorders, too!

Edited on by Teksetter

Switch FC: SW-5760-3019-8223
(player name is Beesh)

Magician

Preorders for Beacon Pines through LRG begin on the 17th.

Magician

Much like Witch on the Holy Night, looks as though Aniplex are going to offer a limited edition of TSUKIHIME - A Piece of Blue Grass Moon at retail in Murica.

WotHN was one of the better visual novels I've experienced recently and TSUKIHIME is very well regarded, so this will probably land on my "most anticipated 2024" list.

https://www.gamefly.com/game/tsukihime---a-piece-of-blue-glas...

Magician

This is less about the game and more about "oh, Sunsoft is still in business?"

Every time I hear that publisher's name it harkens back to their NES glory days.

These days, with so many publishers closing their doors, it's nice to see them fighting the good fight.

Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Teksetter

What little I’ve seen of NES Hebereke leads me to believe it’s a game I definitely would have liked, had I not hurried off to 16bit gaming as quickly as I did. It’s similar to Gimmick! In that regard. I definitely will import the Hebereke reboot on Switch.
After seeing Magician’s post, I found “Hebereke 2” listed on Amazon JP with a Leap Day release date. 😁

https://www.amazon.co.jp/サンソフト-へべれけ2/dp/B0C...

Switch FC: SW-5760-3019-8223
(player name is Beesh)

Magician

TSUKIHIME is up on AmazonNA.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CMJK9VY6

Also, if you need more visual novels in your collection, games like Variable Barricade, Dairoku, and Digimon Survive are down to $20 each.

Aurumonado

Is Front Mission 2 getting a standard release or is it only on Forever Limited?

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/HalcyonInkAndImage?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

Switch Friend Code: SW-7763-4930-1410 | Nintendo Network ID: Aurumonado | Twitter:

Magician

@Aurumonado Forever Limited only so far.

I'm not sure if 1st sold well enough for Microids to consider distributing 2 at retail.

P.S. - On a side note. If USPS tracking is to be believed, today after work might be my best day as a Switch collector. One game is my #2 all-time favorite and the other is a physical release I assumed would never happen. There are a couple other games in the mix, but ordering from LRG becomes a blur after a while.

They might be good? They might not be? We'll find out together, you and I.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic